whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is that saw, a 395 with a 24?
Yup, 395 with a 24”. Length of saw with bar is right around 3 feet long. Love that saw, I have two of them, but this one cuts stronger.

I don’t know if you have any of the older 372xp’s, but I have one that is ported and it’s a monster. We really enjoy the ms500i though for its power and lightweight.

Make sure you use the non ethanol gas you get in the can. The carb on this gums up super easy
Dead on with that one. The carb on those small Hondas is not adjustable and do gum up easily. My buddy has one on a pump and it was gummed up within a year. I tried cleaning it, but still doesn’t run perfect.

Yup, 395 with a 24”. Length of saw with bar is right around 3 feet long. Love that saw, I have two of them, but this one cuts stronger.

I don’t know if you have any of the older 372xp’s, but I have one that is ported and it’s a monster. We really enjoy the ms500i though for its power and lightweight.

I have four 372’s, but one is old school and really rips compared to the others. The only visible difference is the grey choke pull (that I can see), the others are all blue. Unfortunately the recoil blew apart and wiped out the ignition wire, so it’s been sitting on the shop floor for a while, need to get it fixed. I run the standard 20” bar on those. I have a new 572 xp that came with a 24”. Nice saw and I love having that size bar again. I run 28” bars on my two 395’s (swap out to longer bars as needed).

I have four 372’s, but one is old school and really rips compared to the others. The only visible difference is the grey choke pull (that I can see), the others are all blue. Unfortunately the recoil blew apart and wiped out the ignition wire, so it’s been sitting on the shop floor for a while, need to get it fixed. I run the standard 20” bar on those. I have a new 572 xp that came with a 24”. Nice saw and I love having that size bar again. I run 28” bars on my two 395’s (swap out to longer bars as needed).
Husq ...cough...garbage compared to Stihl...varna cough cough.

Husq ...cough...garbage compared to Stihl...varna cough cough.

That I can agree on!!

462-jpg.936737

Attachments

• 462.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 56
Packed my treemotion and most of my climbing gear all wet in a tote for the last 2 weeks in my pickup and forgot about it. I've been doing mostly sales and groundwork since. When I opened it up yesterday... yuck! Full of mold.

Do you guys have any experience with that? Right now I've got it all spread out on my garage floor. My wife's suggesting I wash it all out with white vinegar.

Packed my treemotion and most of my climbing gear all wet in a tote for the last 2 weeks in my pickup and forgot about it. I've been doing mostly sales and groundwork since. When I opened it up yesterday... yuck! Full of mold.

Do you guys have any experience with that? Right now I've got it all spread out on my garage floor. My wife's suggesting I wash it all out with white vinegar.

Surely Dave must have some input on mold, mothballs, vinegar and such… lol

Latest posts

Back