whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been working on storm damage clean-up for my clients for the last few days, going back again today to do some easier work. Tomorrow morning I have to go with the crane to help a friend get rid of an oak tree that got split in half. Luckily right before the storm came through I reserved the crane, so once they got there I just told them to stay for a while. 70 ton machine though, so some places its too big. One job I looked at it's maybe a tad too small.

Went into another development to check something out for a friend, he's the BMOC in there, just as I am the BTMOC in my development. Get up there, some local hacker put a sign up right as you go into the development. We all thought that took a lot of balls.

How are you going to load the logs? I bought a vermeer s600tx this winter with branch manager grapple and love it. The worst part of a removal is loading the logs, I think. My mini drags brush and loads logs and does little damage to the turf. It is my new best friend! It was 7500. That would leave you plenty for a wheeled stumper.

7500!! with a grapple??? :msp_w00t:

Wrapped up a 24" ash removal yesterday that was leaning over three buildings, a basketball hoop (I scored a couple times), and had power and phone coming in stacked vertically and tangled through 75% of it.

Taking the day off to unwind, rest up, and regroup for the mega mulberry removal I have to start the week off. The work is pouring in faster than I can do it. :clap:

I was directing traffic so my partner could back the dump and chipper into a drive on Sat. We had one lane blocked and he needed to pull out into the other lane to straighten out. I heard sirens and I looked down the street and it looked like a scene from the Blues Brothers. A whole line of cops was chasing a bank robber. I'm glad the drivers on the other side saw it coming and pulled over because we couldn't. I heard they caught him.
Phil

How do you get your web address on your posts

Copy it into your signature.

Good start. I like the tree picture on the top. It looks real and healthy.

Little advice and pls. no offense, but "trimming" is an outdated term and "pruning" is commonly accepted. Check "Glossary of Arboricultural Terms". I have always associated that term with Christmas trees and I am as old as dirt. "Tree trimmer"?....not me.

Took a 150 mile mcycle ride into the hilly country with twisty roads in Kentucky. It is 74 degrees f, and no humidity. Motorized therapist. When you are doing over a hundred miles an hour in wide curves and sometimes over 70 in tight twisties and coming home in tight traffic passing cars at 110 mph.....you cannot think about any problems.:msp_thumbup:

Today I was supposed to be down in the Poconos with a friend for the race. Where was I? That's easy... pruning broken branches off of a client's house. Took a small black birch off another client's house nextdoor while I was there. Also gave the largest quote I've ever done for 1 tree this morning. Might get it... maybe.

Welcome to Paul's Tree Service My brother put it together for my, nothing fancy. I need to put another page on it with some more info.

Like your little loader Paul, we just got a set of grapples for Treeclimber 57's Bobcat....we have been run off our feet since 2 very big storms hit Weds night, just finished off a job today we started yesterday with 7 large Maples on a house! Will post pics later. Have 3 more tomorrow, using a crane for 1 job. Yes you will notice you will get a lot more business with your website. Glad to see everyones doing good! We hired another full-time groundie last week to keep up with the jobs coming in!

Today I was supposed to be down in the Poconos with a friend for the race. Where was I? That's easy... pruning broken branches off of a client's house. Took a small black birch off another client's house nextdoor while I was there. Also gave the largest quote I've ever done for 1 tree this morning. Might get it... maybe.

got my curiousity....

Latest posts

Back