whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im looking for the best set up. I would have my chipper&chipper truck and the bucket could pull the dump trailer and mini. That would only require two drivers and I could unload the mini then unhook the trailer if need be. Or load the mini on the bed of the bucket if there's room. Just thinking of getting the equipment to the job site with the least amount of trucks. What do you guys think is the best set up

That is a great set up but I always think of loading the mini the easiest and lowest way. Onto a bucket truck or even a dump trailer is a bit of an incline esp the bucket. I prefer to load onto a tilt trailer or one with a drop gate. But if you are travelling long distances and have limited drivers like I do...you got the right set up in mind.

Eatin Ain't Cheatin!

So you're giving them a discount to join Angies List and give you a good review and make them pay cash too. Good job, maybe her fat soft husband would like to read this along with Angie herself? Oh yeah and Uncle S!

I give all potential customers a chance to take advantage of my 20% A-List discount (up to $200) because it is only fair to let them know it is available. I have no control over what they write, they could trash me if they wanted to, it's up to them. Calling her husband soft and fat would probably insult him, but he knows it's true so I don't think he'd try to beat me up for it.

Cash is the cheapest option for my work. I also take checks or credit cards (with a 10% service fee). I'm doing the paperless office thing and reducing the paperwork will save a tree. I don't have accounts receivable and don't want to have to chase people down for money. I pay my taxes and follow the rules as our great President Bill Clinton once said, another great quote from him is "eatin ain't cheaten" or something like that. I really wanted Hillary to be President so that Bill would be the First Lady. But let's not get into politics.

Here's one of my latest A-List reviews:

5953634853_434c516eac_b.jpg

You guys are always in the attack mode with me. Afraid of someone offering better quality work at affordable prices? Do I need to post my tax returns for the last few years? I'm ready for an IRS audit because I have always paid my taxes on all the work I do. The $600 price may seem low for the work Karen outlined, but it was all tiny, trivial stuff. The "removal" was a tiny dead pine in her yard maybe 10 ft tall. My groundy took care of that while I lightly trimmed her tree. Noticed I refused to do a major trim and shaping of her little decorative Crab Apple until it goes dormant. She's going have me come back this Winter to do that.

Last edited:
121 today w/heat index. WHAAAAAAT! We are gonna stay in, work at the shop till lunch, then gonna getem outa here. I swear, if I could get 1 week with out rain or massive heat, it would be nice. I went out yesterday to prune a maple, was soaked thru at 9am! I would wipe my glasses clear, put em back on and they would instantly fog right back up! Not to mention the faucet that was attached to my forehead!

I give all potential customers a chance to take advantage of my 20% A-List discount (up to $200) because it is only fair to let them know it is available. I have no control over what they write, they could trash me if they wanted to, it's up to them. Calling her husband soft and fat would probably insult him, but he knows it's true so I don't think he'd try to beat me up for it.

Cash is the cheapest option for my work. I also take checks or credit cards (with a 10% service fee). I'm doing the paperless office thing and reducing the paperwork will save a tree. I don't have accounts receivable and don't want to have to chase people down for money. I pay my taxes and follow the rules as our great President Bill Clinton once said, another great quote from him is "eatin ain't cheaten" or something like that. I really wanted Hillary to be President so that Bill would be the First Lady. But let's not get into politics.

Here's one of my latest A-List reviews:

5953634853_434c516eac_b.jpg

WOW, Bribing to get a good review, why am I not surprised. Using Bill Clinton as a mentor sums it up.

Not the sharpest crayon in the pack...

WOW, Bribing to get a good review, why am I not surprised. Using Bill Clinton as a mentor sums it up.

No "bribe" involved, just making my customers aware of the discount I give to A-List customers. It's a good business procedure because it make them aware of the discount I offer to A-List customers. It would be unethical not to mention it to them. Again for you cretins who don't get it. I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHAT THE CUSTOMER WRITES IN THE REVIEW. THEY GET THE DISCOUNT BEFORE I READ THE REVIEW.

If your friend is the "Point of the Spear" you are the other end of it. Not sharp enough to understand how Angie's List reviews work. As for Bill Clinton, I'm sure your spear guy would salute and follow his orders when he was Commander in Chief of this great Country. It is the land of opportunity and free enterprise, deal with it..

No "bribe" involved, just making my customers aware of the discount I give to A-List customers. It's a good business procedure because it make them aware of the discount I offer to A-List customers. It would be unethical not to mention it to them. Again for you cretins who don't get it. I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHAT THE CUSTOMER WRITES IN THE REVIEW. THEY GET THE DISCOUNT BEFORE I READ THE REVIEW.

If your friend is the "Point of the Spear" you are the other end of it. Not sharp enough to understand how Angie's List reviews work. As for Bill Clinton, I'm sure your spear guy would salute and follow his orders when he was Commander in Chief of this great Country. It is the land of opportunity and free enterprise, deal with it..

Nice while that other thread was running. Kept the garbage outta here.

:notrolls2:

Your Business Reputation is very Important, cultivate and nurture it...

5649961330_b5b22a5685_z.jpg

Less than 5% of contractors on Angie's List get one of these. To compete with me you will need to up your game boys. Try improving the level of service and the quality of your work rather than #####ing about me eating your lunch by offering better service, not better prices. I beat out many competitors with lower prices than I offer because of the quality of my work and the reputation I have carefully crafted over the years.

Some of you are most likely more skilled at climbing than I am and I would like to learn from you how to climb more safely and efficiently. You all could learn some things from me though on how to develop a reputation for quality work by not tearing up their lawns and being responsive to their needs and wants. Dropping trow and taking a dump in the back of your truck is not how to do it.

PM me if you have a problem ...

Nice while that other thread was running. Kept the garbage outta here...

The garbage is still here, my departure won't change that. I'm still here only because many of you have made an effort to chase me away from your little insignificant clique. Without that I would have been out of here long ago. I'm not a quitter and although I have a very low opinion of most of you (with some notable exceptions) it's your collective nastyness that keeps me coming back. One day I will tire of this circle jerk of low class failures, and you won't have the Aerial Arborist to kick around any more. (another great President said that) It will be your loss, not mine.

Last edited:
I was wondering if you were gonna get it. Was contemplating getting it myself. My mini has a lil trouble on hills pulling the 665. Did you know that you can pull apart the axles on those 630's, turn em around to go thru smaller gates? Check to see if there rusted in, and beat him up on the price if they are(JK-:laugh:-LOL!!!) I bet you could take that thing dang near anywhere with a mini. If you get stuck, just push/pull it out with the tounge.

Well, if I ever sell it, you know it's just down the street a couple of hours.

That 665 is a beast, I'll bet the mini struggles some with it. I still want a bigun, but the 630 looks like it will work just fine and the first thing I thought about was using a mini to spot it in tight areas. I'm looking to have a mini by summers end. Likely a dingo.

I knew about the axles, not too many gates in this area though, but I'll try and get them apart if they are stuck, might not be able to. No biggie.

By all means feel free to ignore me if you can't add to the discussion...

My bad TV, I stirred it up. Just gonna Ignore him.
But I will leave this

I can ride my bike with no handle bars

I can ride my bike on water:

Water_Bike.jpg

looks photoshopped though, now that I look at the front wheel closely... It would take some ball s to try it though, anyone want to go first?

Last edited:
I can ride my bike on water:

Water_Bike.jpg

looks photoshopped though, now that I look at the front wheel closely... It would take some ball s to try it though, anyone want to go first?

wow and I thought you were going to tell some story how that was you and that it was a secret government test bike.

Back in the day ...

wow and I thought you were going to tell some story how that was you and that it was a secret government test bike.

Nah, my specialty was secret things that flew through the air. Marana Arizona, 1970. Evergreen was developing remotely controlled beechcraft airplanes that led to the killer drones we have now. I was there. you can't imagine how disconcerting it is to sit there and let "George" do it. it was rather primitive back then. Had to bail out once.

Name this plane and guess where the photo was taken. I will confirm or deny nothing on this one however.

5953921083_eb3d446e4b_z.jpg

Last edited:
I climb with mine they are adequate for myself but I thought everyone knew to wax their spurs lol:)

Ben has a pair of those and they looked really slick. maybe he will let me try them when he comes to work with me again. How do you like your's rope? And waxing spurs! Why didn't I ever think of that? Thanks rope you made my day... lol

Last edited:
Ben has a pair of those and they looked really slick. maybe he will let me try them when he comes to work with me again. How do you like your's rope?

I like them but everything has its issues and one size never really fits all. Im under the 200 lb mark so they work fine for me. I am going to get the aluminum pads for my kliens too and put pole gafs on them for hardwood.

Anybody take advantage of the stock tip I gave in that closed thread?

z

Up nearly $20 a share since I gave that advice, with a nice bump exactly when i called it. Made a tidy sum there, anybody else take advantage of me there?

Well the rain has stopped here in Pittsburgh now so I have work today. You guys enjoy each other's company here while I go make some money. bye for now, but "I'll be back" * (quote from the great governor of California)

EDIT : Don't do it now as there will be a slide later today. Buy on the rumor, sell on the news sort of thing. You can still profit on the downside if you like to gamble with options ~ like me...

Last edited:
I like them but everything has its issues and one size never really fits all. Im under the 200 lb mark so they work fine for me. I am going to get the aluminum pads for my kliens too and put pole gafs on them for hardwood.

Hey Rope have you used the aluminums on the Kleins? I was thinking about trying them too.

I have used the aluminum pads (we called them cups) on Klein spurs before. They worked just fine and were pretty comfy... As comfy as a pair of leg irons can be anyway.

AA, FYI, there an off the topic forum here. Learn to post your nonsense there. This is for tree talk here, not stock tips, or plane BS.:bang: Chip trux still not done:bang::bang::bang:

Latest posts

Back