whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BM, Glad this forum gives you a chance to throw out insults. I'm sure its a self esteem crusher pulling out that step ladder to climb into that new pick up of yours. I got a ez dumper and they are to weak for tree work for my liking. Glad to see you replaced that beater of a truck and those landscaper inserts are working out for ya.

Thanks. The nice thing about having 4 dump trucks is they don't all have to be big. Let me know when you plan on upgrading your little one ton to real truck and I'll guide you through the ins and outs.

How long of a trip was he making? Why not just pull it home? You didn't spring for some decent tires on that old unit for the guy Dave? Shame shame....

tires were fine as was the spare. just obviously easier than towing out of Ohio, completely thru Indiana and into Illinois with just a few hours of daylight left. It was there choice ofcourse tho. Fit perfect in the bed.

Wish I coulda showed them the town and took em out for a nice meal, but it was late so I just bought em supper while they were on the road. I/we, me and Kyle were filthy and lsoaking wet from sweat from work too.

tires were fine as was the spare. just obviously easier than towing out of Ohio, completely thru Indiana and into Illinois with just a few hours of daylight left. It was there choice ofcourse tho. Fit perfect in the bed.

Wish I coulda showed them the town and took em out for a nice meal, but it was late so I just bought em supper while they were on the road. I/we, me and Kyle were filthy and lsoaking wet from sweat from work too.

I see. That's a bit of a long haul for a 630. I don't like to pull mine over 55 mph for the most part. They're a good machine. Set it up with greenteeth and keep them sharp and they'll keep chewin'. Couldn't be happier with my 630B, has ground stumps twice it's size and made it's money back countless times.

Ouchy....that's gotta leave a mark.

Not so much. If a few jack off's 3,000 miles away hurt my feelings I sure wouldn't be doing tree work. Glad you guys got some old equipment as you should, you do tree work all day and then come home and type about it all night. I'll stick to banging chicks, B.C. skiing and working as a whitewater raft guide in my free time, not my 3,236 useless post.

yikes... not the infamous 6.0 Ford Diesel ...
Viewing a thread - Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

6.0 diesel powerstroke problems - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

2005 6.0l lossing coolant and coolant tank stained? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Signed the check for this little truck today. '04 1 ton diesel. Will be replacing our current 1 ton and our ranger estimate truck.

attachment.php

I just hope thats no a 6 liter blakes I've seen horrible things from those engines ....

It is, and I was leery of it at first. Those engines are hit and miss from what I'd read. I had my diesel guy check it out and it wasn't exhibiting any of the warning signs. From what he explained to me, the egr in those trucks is the whole problem. It gets plugged up and forces the turbo to work harder potentially locking that into the fixed full boost setting which will in turn blow the head gasket or something like that. This one still had the factory egr but that will be replaced to a less constrictive version shortly which should eliminate any of the issues the 6.0's are known for.

I suggest you get more experience then, ya know...before spouting off like a retard.

I am working a deal right now, trying to turn my blown 06 into a 2012 F-350 XL Commercial w the diesel, ordering from the factory, 44810 for truck, 5350 for blade, forest green, with the black trim. We will see, the dealership does not know the engine is blown yet! Getting them to give me numbers on the whole deal independently, that way I know they are not inflating anything. Then I will let them know, and dangle the check for the new one in front of them when I tell them, It should book out way higher than I owe, so it should make it easy for them to swallow!

I am working a deal right now, trying to turn my blown 06 into a 2012 F-350 XL Commercial w the diesel, ordering from the factory, 44810 for truck, 5350 for blade, forest green, with the black trim. We will see, the dealership does not know the engine is blown yet! Getting them to give me numbers on the whole deal independently, that way I know they are not inflating anything. Then I will let them know, and dangle the check for the new one in front of them when I tell them, It should book out way higher than I owe, so it should make it easy for them to swallow!

Friend of mine just bought a 1 ton Silverado with no money down and 6 years with no interest and

He got a real truck (Chev) :pumpkin2:

Friend of mine just bought a 1 ton Silverado with no money down and 6 years with no interest and

He got a real truck (Chev) :pumpkin2:

My brother runs the bowtie- when I moved back from cali, he came out to help, he pulled my little car on a dolly as i pulled a 34' enclosed full of my stuff, going thru the Rockies, his duramax couldn't handle the grade, i passed him with ten times the load like he was going backwards! That was with my 04 250 w/ 7.3:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Day 2 on a 2 day dismantle of a large Norfolk Pine. We got the green off yesterday so today was a blocking mission. Jeez talk about heavy wood, I broke out the 3120xp in frustration as the 44 kept jamming up, the bombing mission went pretty quick then, although there is never a good time to climb with that beast. Carried a few tonnes of wood out.

I see. That's a bit of a long haul for a 630. I don't like to pull mine over 55 mph for the most part. They're a good machine. Set it up with greenteeth and keep them sharp and they'll keep chewin'. Couldn't be happier with my 630B, has ground stumps twice it's size and made it's money back countless times.

it is a great stumper and I have seen a number of companies run them as their only stumper.

But we are making mass moneys with my new Dingo mini tracked stumper. Yesterday in a 34" gate and next td on property with stump in a foundation flower and perrenial bed. Every where we go people are just amazed by it. First job the woman ho tried to explain it to her husband on phone and couldn't and finally came out and took pictures of it. Husband works on a huge property in the wealthiest town in the area (or any area for that matter) that we have a huge bid pending on. :D

Great system for routine jobs now. Son drives the pickup with the Dingo and Dingo stumper on the one ton Silverado with the Truckcraft insert. I drive the bucket or crane and Kyle drives the Mack chiptruck and bc2000 chipper. We knock the tree, load the big wood over the side into the Truckcraft dumper with the Dingo and chip up the rest, then knock out the stump/s with the STX and grab the check and bye bye.

Perfect set up for anything up to 30"dbh without taking off the trailer. If you think about it, IMO if you added up all the stumps you do, you prob do at least twice as many stumps less than 40inch than if you added up all the (big) stumps over 40" This stumper can easily handle 40" plus stumps.

My brother runs the bowtie- when I moved back from cali, he came out to help, he pulled my little car on a dolly as i pulled a 34' enclosed full of my stuff, going thru the Rockies, his duramax couldn't handle the grade, i passed him with ten times the load like he was going backwards! That was with my 04 250 w/ 7.3:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

video or it didn't happen :laugh:

Chev Silverado ....truck of the year last year!:rock:

IMO there is no such thing. Not since the 80's

Dood, you were just a baby in the 80's. I owned new pickups in the 80's. They are way better now.

Diesels on a pick up for tree work with $6k additional tag are just to hear that obnoxious sound like a Harley guy reving his big slow bike at the light. My one ton Silv easily pulls around my 15k plus bc 2000. Every 6 years I am gonna buy a brand spankin new one and sell the old one that has had no major probs and still looks like brand new.

Hey AA, you have told us every little bitty detail of your entire life (some true and some ......not so) and showed everything from picts of your wife to jobs and equipment and employee and videos.

How about a picture of the front of your house?

Hey AA, you have told us every little bitty detail of your entire life (some true and some ......not so) and showed everything from picts of your wife to jobs and equipment and employee and videos.

How about a picture of the front of your house?

Stalking me or just curious? Strange perhaps but all my posts are true with some omissions to protect both the guilty and the innocent.

The dump and chipper are going in the shop today so I'm going swimming at my childhood swimming hole in Ohio with the wife an maybe JohnBoy if he comes home after what I am sure was a wild night of debauchery.

696362233_65a8ea3576_b.jpg

OK, that's fallingwater, it's where I wished I lived. I actually live in a very modest home a former coal miner shanty but I like the area and great deer and turkey hunting in the wooded ridge behind it and even in my backyard.

5957424617_522e9d1b70_z.jpg

Photo I shot in my backyard. They are hard to sneak up on to get that close but I used my invisibility trick to get the photo.

5957424399_046fe9de45_b.jpg

OK, here's the long shot. A $900 Nikkor 24~200 VR zoom helps my shakey old hands. The tree just visible to the left was my cover and also the one I'm hanging off of with my ice axe in the "old man" thread.

Last edited:
stumper3.jpg

Here's Dave gearing up for the loading.

stumper.jpg

Not bad for a beefed up half ton.

stumper2.jpg

Didn't move an inch and it rode nice. 65 sure beat 50-55 and having to worry about it. Dave’s idea worked perfect. Now the trick will be getting it out...lol.

It was a great trip all around and it was refreshing to meet an excellent couple of tree guys and chat awhile. Stumper was everything I expected and should serve me well as long as I return the favor...and I will. It's good to go, just like dave said, and they threw in plenty of good teeth to get my work list knocked out before an upgrade. If anyone ever considers purchasing used equipment from Dave, don't hesitate. He's got his stuff together, he's honest (rare quality these days), good natured, and has great communication. Nothing less than what I expected.

Thanks again Dave, for everything. Next time I'm through, over that way, or you make it over this way we'll definitely go grab a bite to eat...my turn..lol. Dad was impressed and I was glad that he was along to catch a glimpse of what is, in essence, my vision in living color; I'm hoping to keep him busy on the side soon with occasional stumps and tree planting. Get him off the road and in control of his time and income a bit more.

Can't wait to get this unit to the stump....

Latest posts

Back