whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so much. If a few jack off's 3,000 miles away hurt my feelings I sure wouldn't be doing tree work. Glad you guys got some old equipment as you should, you do tree work all day and then come home and type about it all night. I'll stick to banging chicks, B.C. skiing and working as a whitewater raft guide in my free time, not my 3,236 useless post.

Banging chicks ????? Anyone who uses that line to another group of men prolly ain't banging anything but his hand ... Maybe out in West bumble#### that may sound cool but reading that post made me giggle alittle , so good luck with that

New company truck ...

Debi wanted a VW bug for her 50th birthday. I got her a Chevy Colorado instead. She was mad at first but after driving it for a couple of days now she loves it. Most importantly it will pull the tractor to the jobs. I was asked earlier for a photo in front of my house, so here it is:

5961504546_d505b34946_b.jpg

Had the eight wheel kit put on the Steiner as well. To hot to work again today. The truck gets 17 mpg on evaluations driving it like A.J. Foyt would.

And the eight wheel kit is supposed to do what? Oh right, added stability for toting that one moldy 12" log around the yard in the Steiner's tin "slip scoop". This must be what it looks like when meth heads win the lottery... :dizzy:

I would have just gotten one of those motorized wheelbarrows (those are pretty cool actually), and saved a ton of dough... but hey, whatever.

Last edited:
wish I was on house arrest. gonna be 115 heat indic ks tomorrow.

keep a camera on one ankle and nextel on the other.:cool2:

What no fanny pack? what a sight, you belong on a cruise ship somewhere in florida.

Last edited:
That's why I needed to go with diesel. Can't justify mileage that poor in an estimate truck.

It's pretty easy to justify really. You bouaght a 8,000 thousand dollar problematic six litre option, with a much higher cost to fill up vs gas. You should break even if that thing still runs in 2022.

That's why I needed to go with diesel. Can't justify mileage that poor in an estimate truck.

Jeff must be dogging that thing, I get a whole 11.5 per gallon on my Chevy 6.0's, average with towing alot too.
Only got 14.5 on my F350 4x4, 6.0 diesels though. Not even close to worth the expense, trouble finding diesel and the annoyingly loud ass motor and exhaust. Used to think they sounded cool until I had to drive one everywhere:D

It's pretty easy to justify really. You bouaght a 8,000 thousand dollar problematic six litre option, with a much higher cost to fill up vs gas. You should break even if that thing still runs in 2022.

Huh? You do realize this is a used truck, right?

Jeff must be dogging that thing, I get a whole 11.5 per gallon on my Chevy 6.0's, average with towing alot too.
Only got 14.5 on my F350 4x4, 6.0 diesels though. Not even close to worth the expense, trouble finding diesel and the annoyingly loud ass motor and exhaust. Used to think they sounded cool until I had to drive one everywhere:D

I've read everything from 14-22 on this truck depending how you drive it and what it's towing. Seeing how the majority of miles this thing will run are estimates I'm betting I'll be on the high side with mpg. I could be wrong though, but my view of gassers is definitely tainted after dealing w/ the '96's 8mpg for the past 5 years. lol

Mine is gas. I got new tires a month ago. The owner said "what, you just got tires!". I got new tires 16 months ago and I put 62,000 miles on them in that time. Glad I don't pay for fuel.
Jeff :msp_smile:

My '99 chevy 6.0 gets 14-16 and I always have a lot of weight in the bed. It gets 12 towing. It's up to 245,000 now too.

My dodge cummins only gets 14 but has a slow differential.

Mine is gas. I got new tires a month ago. The owner said "what, you just got tires!". I got new tires 16 months ago and I put 62,000 miles on them in that time. Glad I don't pay for fuel.
Jeff :msp_smile:

My Chevy's are gas too. My old Fords only got 14.5.

pin oak drop

REPLACE YER DIVOTS!

002-7.jpg

Even if they are in the tarmac.

001-7.jpg

I went up, skinned the branches that would penatrate the lot then pulled it over. We also TD'ed the little guy to the left jess poking up over the building. It was in a retaining wall, jess missed the 3 phase went we pulled it over.

003-6.jpg

It put 3 little holes in the allready worn out lot. I had my caddy whip out the tub - o - tarmac and fill em. I tell you I had that tub for a long time. I only used half of a 2 1/2 gal tub in 10 years, I don't always carry it, I just know when I want it, I didn't say I needed it. I took liberties with the lot, yeah. So? I didn't with the 3 phase.

I drive a Silverado 2500 4x4. I love it. Leather seat's that are heated (for when it is below 60 degrees), and all the coolio stuff. 10.4 mpg gas.
It is a 2006 and I got 216,000 miles on it. This truck is 'tit's' but the owner wants to replace it at 220k miles.
Jeff :msp_thumbup:

Yes, gotta keep that tushy at the right temp huh? Talc?:jester:

Jeez, you guys are talking gas mileage? Who gives ####? Blakes is donkin around doing estimates in a big ass pig? Dude, buy a horse. Silverado bulletproof? Lets see! Sure they are better than the 80's. What isn't?

Last edited:
My '99 chevy 6.0 gets 14-16 and I always have a lot of weight in the bed. It gets 12 towing. It's up to 245,000 now too.

My dodge cummins only gets 14 but has a slow differential.

You payin attenshun Matt,......Jeffy's got 260k....Mikes got 245k....you'd never crack 100k with those old schitwagon 70 and 80's pu's....unless you spent most of your time wrenchin and standing in line in parts stores.

You payin attenshun Matt,......Jeffy's got 260k....Mikes got 245k....you'd never crack 100k with those old schitwagon 70 and 80's pu's....unless you spent most of your time wrenchin and standing in line in parts stores.

I have a 04 2500HD 4x4 with a 6.0 with 235000.

I don't want a new truck, I like my truck.

View attachment 191546

Last edited:
Back