whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap, is that an ankle monitor on Dave's leg!!! New fangled cell phone case??? Pistol holster??? Dave, your not on house arrest are you!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Did a nice crane job monday. I don't really have very much experience working with those things, but I gotta say, this time I think I broke through to the other side, and am comfortable with it now. It really is pretty damn cool. I imagine I'll be doing more of it, especially with the big chip truck, that makes it really sweet!

attachment.php

What's nice is when you can hook a chipper winch to the butt end and lower whole leaders or trees into the chipper with the crane... :msp_w00t:

Dood, you were just a baby in the 80's. I owned new pickups in the 80's. They are way better now.

Diesels on a pick up for tree work with $6k additional tag are just to hear that obnoxious sound like a Harley guy reving his big slow bike at the light. My one ton Silv easily pulls around my 15k plus bc 2000. Every 6 years I am gonna buy a brand spankin new one and sell the old one that has had no major probs and still looks like brand new.

What engine you got in your Chevy, Dave? Gas mileage?

Holy crap, is that an ankle monitor on Dave's leg!!! New fangled cell phone case??? Pistol holster??? Dave, your not on house arrest are you!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

wish I was on house arrest. gonna be 115 heat indic ks tomorrow.

keep a camera on one ankle and nextel on the other.:cool2:

Did a nice crane job monday. I don't really have very much experience working with those things, but I gotta say, this time I think I broke through to the other side, and am comfortable with it now. It really is pretty damn cool. I imagine I'll be doing more of it, especially with the big chip truck, that makes it really sweet!

attachment.php

Better off without the notch on picks mds. It is a natural tendency to pop out a notch but it inhibits instead of helping the pick detach.

It is a 6 litre and has 6 speed trans. never pay attention to gas mileage chris. you gotta buy it cause you gotta drive it....why bother. can't use the yota for the stuff I do with the big pickup.

Word. The reason I went diesel was for the gas mileage increase. If I'm gonna hop around town in a full size pickup for estimates I want to get at least reasonable gas mileage. It was either that or buy two new trucks. A small yota for estimates and a 1 ton for jobs. I'm pretty soured on gas engines after my bout with the '96 Ford 1 ton. That truck drank twice what my F800 does and I can't justify that expense when just out bidding jobs. This was the happy median I found. I considered buying new but have other stuff I want to finance this year. I'll agree with you on the $6K ( think it was closer to $7K with the trucks I was pricing ) off the bat for a diesel. Pricey and it takes a looooong time for the mpg to equal it out. Another reason that factored into used.

Dood, you were just a baby in the 80's. I owned new pickups in the 80's. They are way better now.

I was a baby in the early 80's. and I remember that you could work on anything in your own garage without a computer, parts cost next to nothing, you could put an IH pickup in 4 low and plow a field with it, then drive it thru a brick wall when you were done. Every new truck out there regardless of brand name sux ass. Take a brand new chevy in the field and plow with it, and I garuntee something will break before your done with the front forty. Blakes, I have an 88 F350 with a bored out 460, its a 4x4 and it gets 4mpg if im lucky. havent used it since gas cost around 2.70 a gallon and it went thru 30 bux a day just going around town.

You can't appreciate what you can't afford.

I had a 75 IH 4x4 one ton dually chip truck with snow plow. They were all good they were easy to work back then (incl '80's) cause they were always crapping out on ya. :poop:

My new Silv is bulletproof.

I drive a Silverado 2500 4x4. I love it. Leather seat's that are heated (for when it is below 60 degrees), and all the coolio stuff. 10.4 mpg gas.
It is a 2006 and I got 216,000 miles on it. This truck is 'tit's' but the owner wants to replace it at 220k miles.
Jeff :msp_thumbup:

I drive a Silverado 2500 4x4. I love it. Leather seat's that are heated (for when it is below 60 degrees), and all the coolio stuff. 10.4 mpg gas.
It is a 2006 and I got 216,000 miles on it. This truck is 'tit's' but the owner wants to replace it at 220k miles.
Jeff :msp_thumbup:

Just had the 24k oil change last week. I run long distance estimates on my crotch rocket. More fun.

You can't appreciate what you can't afford.

I have enugh in the bank to go buy one right now with cash, so bite your tounge. If you gave me one, or if I happened to win one some how, I would sell it for cash asap, and use the $ on something that would actually make me $, like gee, IDK, anything . When some new hot shot shown up on our lawn when the old man retired, looking to buy some of our stuff, that was still new then, he was bragging about how he just bought some new pickup trucks. Dad looks at this "up and comer" and says, "pick ups dont make you #### in this biz, what are you doin here?" Kid says "I guess I just dreaming", Pops says, come back when you wake up. Pick up trux r next to worthless, IMO, unless your using it to deliver firewood, forward brush to the clam truck(when mini is too slow and acsess will allow), or grinding stumps. Do you ,(vet) have any idea what kinda problems Ive seen people have with this new crap they make these days? Might as well have a made in china sticker slapped on it. One guy I knew had a complete brake system failure on a bought new chevy at 9k miles. computer BS. warrenty work. at 30k, HAPPENS again!!!! You know how much $ you lose with that kinda down time? My close friend has a new Dodge with the diesel, Dont get me started.., Theres more, gimme time , Ill remember.....oh by the way, I chipped and cut and loaded some trees today, wash rinse, repeat:laugh::laugh::laugh: Vet my oldest sister is older than you

Couldnt tell ya vet, cuz of the jehovahs witness ####, Ive never met her. My nieces are models tho, a bunch of em, and my nephews kid was a baby model, that youve all seen in ads, acording to my blow hard blah blah blah ex in law. Ef that , Im here for the trees, KILL EM ALL!!!! and if you cant do that, SPIKE YOUR TRIMS!!!! just like AA:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Latest posts

Back