whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tie off methods continued

treejob_044.jpg

The ball is usually two halfs that bolt onto the wedge/hook. It is just a weight, it does not secure anything. I told this guy he should peen the bolt end cause the nut was about to fall off. You just hand tighten the nut and bolt then smack the end of the bolt to peen it over to keep the nut on.

Yeah, it rides on the frayed wedge thing. Where else is better?

treejob_079.jpg
treemandan- first thing i need to say, is i know next to nothing about trees, have a hard time determining diff. between oak and maple! however please know that the bolt not only holds the weight halves together, it also connects the hook with the swivel. that bolt/pin should have a safety cotter holding the nut on. as far as the unlayed cable, definite no-no, there should be minimum of 12-18 rope diameters (dead end) protruding from the wedge socket. a crosby clip with a separate pc. of cable should be attached to the dead end to prevent it from dislocating,or a terminator style socket can be used. any device that can apply pressure to the tail of the wedge that normally protrudes slightly from the socket will cause it to slip. the setup that this crane shown in post 9300 is hazardous to you. not to mention the incomplete blocking under the left rear outrigger! not as safe as a carnival ride. please be careful gravity has no mercy.

treemandan- first thing i need to say, is i know next to nothing about trees, have a hard time determining diff. between oak and maple! however please know that the bolt not only holds the weight halves together, it also connects the hook with the swivel. that bolt/pin should have a safety cotter holding the nut on. as far as the unlayed cable, definite no-no, there should be minimum of 12-18 rope diameters (dead end) protruding from the wedge socket. a crosby clip with a separate pc. of cable should be attached to the dead end to prevent it from dislocating,or a terminator style socket can be used. any device that can apply pressure to the tail of the wedge that normally protrudes slightly from the socket will cause it to slip. the setup that this crane shown in post 9300 is hazardous to you. not to mention the incomplete blocking under the left rear outrigger! not as safe as a carnival ride. please be careful gravity has no mercy.

It's starting to look like you're gonna be in high demand pretty soon tom! What's your take on the storm, you think it's gonna be all that, or just alot of hype?

It's starting to look like you're gonna be in high demand pretty soon tom! What's your take on the storm, you think it's gonna be all that, or just alot of hype?
the usual suspects have calling, but who knows, won't make plans till after the destruction occurs. details @11 ! cheers, work safe, dial 1-800-outside.

Thought I would drop this on here. Many of you know that I am a friend of Pat Miletich, the fighter. What many don't know is that Pat is also the main hand to hand trainer for the Seals. He goes there, sometimes the teams come here. This Seal was from Iowa and was pretty close to Pat. He was one of the guys who got UBL and then died in the crash last week. Pat put this up on facebook and it just about made me cry, still is. I cannot express how much I respect those guys, I have worked with them and they are nothing short of awesome in everything they do. These guys have a passion for their loved ones unequaled by any. The love that his dog shows, makes a heavy statement of this SEALS's character. And speaks volumes about loyalty.

Dog mourns at casket of fallen Navy SEAL - TODAY Pets & Animals - TODAY.com

Pretty nasty in there

005-9.jpg

I was thinking the floorboards would be shot after last snow season but this is not bad at all.

014-6.jpg

I should have done this years ago.

021-5.jpg

Dan, I had the same prob with my 97' F350, 2 bad tanks, rusty and leaking. Looks like yours is plastic though.
I Put in new 19ga. front tank, but put in a 38ga. rear tank instead of the 19 ga. stock rear,
total of 57gal.

beemandan...P.S. If Jesus owned a diesel it would be the 7.3 ! lol

IMG_1230.jpg

Changed the rear spring hanger brackets, shocks, brakes, ect. ect. since bed was off.

IMG_1240.jpg

Last edited:
Picked this bad boy up today. Was looking for a trailer to haul a skidsteer as I see that upgrade coming in the near future and decided why not make it dump too! No more shoving and stacking wood in the chip boxes, I can just dump it over the side with the mini. Axles on this ####er are rated to 8K lbs each. By the time I sell my two light duty trailers I'll only have about $5K in this and that's money well spent in my book.

attachment.php

Removed pine from garage

Pulled the top 1/3 of a 60 ft. white pine out of a garage this morning. We had some pretty bad storms Wed. night with a F-1 touching down about 20 miles away. Must have been a pretty good gusts here because it picked the tops out of two white pines and threw this one 40 ft. onto the garage roof. Poor HO spent a couple of years rehabbing a plain little '50s house and he did a beautiful job. I'd cleaned up the trees a couple of years ago so I got the call.

View attachment 196720
View attachment 196721

everyday i am more and more amazed how dumb people are, today some lady asked us are you trimming my tree or taking it down?(village tree)

yes, thats why we have this big crane set up pulling huge chunks off your completly dead tree... she had been watching us a while then we shut down for lunch. we were down to a "hat rack" when she came out and started talking to us or I should say pleeding with us to not cut it down after we broke the news, after a couple mins some one said can I borrow some super glue I'll glue all the chips back together and put the tree back up I think she finally got that it was already cut down

And if things ever get slow, it's "bark mulching galore" time!! lol..

Get on it pedro!! Hahaha....

Sorry chris.. couldn't resist! :hmm3grin2orange:

Keep, laughin, there Sparkles, I'm thinkin CT would be a good first outing for this rig. I hear the local boys don't know how to cut a tree down there! lol

Picked this bad boy up today. Was looking for a trailer to haul a skidsteer as I see that upgrade coming in the near future and decided why not make it dump too! No more shoving and stacking wood in the chip boxes, I can just dump it over the side with the mini. Axles on this ####er are rated to 8K lbs each. By the time I sell my two light duty trailers I'll only have about $5K in this and that's money well spent in my book.

attachment.php
sharp looking trailer, what powers the hoist-electro/hydro ?

Pulled the top 1/3 of a 60 ft. white pine out of a garage this morning. We had some pretty bad storms Wed. night with a F-1 touching down about 20 miles away. Must have been a pretty good gusts here because it picked the tops out of two white pines and threw this one 40 ft. onto the garage roof. Poor HO spent a couple of years rehabbing a plain little '50s house and he did a beautiful job. I'd cleaned up the trees a couple of years ago so I got the call.

View attachment 196720
View attachment 196721

Boy those white pine tops sure opened up that garage...ouch!!!

sharp looking trailer, what powers the hoist-electro/hydro ?

Electric over hydraulic. Talked to another dude there who had just bought one, said he had already pushed up several loads of gravel and sand with it no problem. I'm more than convinced this thing will push a good load of wood. Never been a fan of dump trailers personally but this made real sense for me as I've noticed quite a bottleneck of our operation at the wood removal portion. Especially on big jobs/crane jobs, I don't have to fight the wood into the chip trucks, just set it on the trailer and go. 83" inside width and 16 foot long will accommodate any skidsteer I buy too.

Had some work done on my truck this morning. The mechanic works from home at a place called Brentwood bay. Hired a kayak for a couple of hours instead of just hanging around. Took me the best part of that time just to get around that little island and back in the photo.View attachment 196746

pruned 20 rainbow shower trees(cassia nealiae). all pole saw and ladder work. thats hawaii tree work for ya. half landscaping half tree work. :msp_wink:

Just got back from ma full bore 600 yard gun club range so chewin lunch.
Welcome To The Lang Lang Rifle Club
I voluntered to trim back some low and over hangs to help keep the range clear as club competition next month. Mostly pole pruner work but a small climb and drop with a small cut an fall. Worked all morning and so got no time on ma gun, ya boo sniff.

everyday i am more and more amazed how dumb people are, today some lady asked us are you trimming my tree or taking it down?(village tree)

yes, thats why we have this big crane set up pulling huge chunks off your completly dead tree... she had been watching us a while then we shut down for lunch. we were down to a "hat rack" when she came out and started talking to us or I should say pleeding with us to not cut it down after we broke the news, after a couple mins some one said can I borrow some super glue I'll glue all the chips back together and put the tree back up I think she finally got that it was already cut down

Back when DED hit hard, you had idiots chaining themselves to diseased/dying trees so you wouldnt cut em down. Gee that makes sense. and that was 40 + years ago. The general public is so ignorant that it makes me sick. I dont know how I sleep at night. Oh yeah, Dr. 12pack.

Latest posts

Back