whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i worked with Plas I kept a VERY short leash on him. The first time I actually made him pay me. I brought him in on few of my jobs, it was difficult.
When I went to Aston to help with his jobs I realized he was full of it. There was alot of miscommunication ( purposeful I think) with his clients which came down on me. I tried to talk with him but he was full of it. He wouldn't listen, he was lost in the sauce. I had to suck it up. I made sure NC got what he needed for the day on the poplar job and didn't have to get into to much.

The last time I had him come up he dropped the ball so hard I told him to beat it. He wasn't listening to what I was telling him, ended up with a notch headed towards the house and he was about to hang himself with his own rope. I was pretty pissed. I mean for him to disregard instructions and end up bamboozling himself ( and me) time and again was to much. Yeah, you see a lot of guys like this. They are fooling themselves and think since they bought their own bull#### you will too.

What he thought was reality and what was reality were two different things. He liked the idea but there was no part about him that was going to toe the line. What I thought was a just greenhorn was really a guy with a head full of snow. A poser indeed. I doubt he will peek his head out of the covers anytime soon.

A lot of working with the guy was for myself to see if what I just said is a real trait in people or misconception. I don't really want to beleive it but its a real trait. Its alien to guys like us.

Right. Plas was and I'm sure still is in his own fantasy land. The type of guy who will never make it, because nobody can bring him down off that magic carpet ride.

Lol If i did not have a schedule I would say have wraptor will travel :)

But at the moment i'm busy.

Today was a get ready for a week long project day that was only supposed to be a few hours. Why is it that everytime you end up repairing something it always leads into a full day of hidden problems :)

Last edited:
My job went smoother than planned today. Only problem was the wind. Had to stake my cube down and try to get a shotbag in a 60' crotch that was covered in sucker growth like #### hair. Wind kept blowing my cube shut so I grabbed my climbing tote and put it in front of the cube for a wind break. The the 40 MPH gusts kept blowing my 10 OZ bag off the mark so I switched to the 16 OZ. FINALLY I hit the crotch but my shot line snafu'ed up the tree. It was right at that moment that the client walked up behind me and wanted to discuss payment. I watched in horror as the 40 MPH gusts blew my poor shot line into a birds nest and could do nothing because... well, we were discussing payment... I literally spent an hour getting a line set in that tree and 15 minutes climbing the rope to the 7 limbs I had to prune... Wind sucks.

Yeah, I got a call from one of my Foreman's on a job that I am 30 miles away from. He say's he cannot find the key to the chipper. Then he remember's he left it in the ignition and drove a long way's back from the job before he realized he left in the ignition. So yeah, key is on the freeway somewhere.
So I scramble and get there and replace the ignition and then went back 30 mile's to where I was.
Freaking freezing today! 62 degrees!
Jeff

My job went smoother than planned today. Only problem was the wind. Had to stake my cube down and try to get a shotbag in a 60' crotch that was covered in sucker growth like #### hair. Wind kept blowing my cube shut so I grabbed my climbing tote and put it in front of the cube for a wind break. The the 40 MPH gusts kept blowing my 10 OZ bag off the mark so I switched to the 16 OZ. FINALLY I hit the crotch but my shot line snafu'ed up the tree. It was right at that moment that the client walked up behind me and wanted to discuss payment. I watched in horror as the 40 MPH gusts blew my poor shot line into a birds nest and could do nothing because... well, we were discussing payment... I literally spent an hour getting a line set in that tree and 15 minutes climbing the rope to the 7 limbs I had to prune... Wind sucks.

LOL, I was thinking, What would Larry do when he got up there and looking down, he see's the Buck he was after, and a day late!?
Jeff

Yup.

Yeah, I got a call from one of my Foreman's on a job that I am 30 miles away from. He say's he cannot find the key to the chipper. Then he remember's he left it in the ignition and drove a long way's back from the job before he realized he left in the ignition. So yeah, key is on the freeway somewhere.
So I scramble and get there and replace the ignition and then went back 30 mile's to where I was.
Freaking freezing today! 62 degrees!
Jeff

No one had a spare key?

148.jpg

LOL, I was thinking, What would Larry do when he got up there and looking down, he see's the Buck he was after, and a day late!?
Jeff

LOL! I was thinking the same thing! Drop the saw on it, throttle tied wide open,or lasso it from above!

Murdered the little maple, love it when ya get to the trunk and their is a column of rot that is in the stage right before the wood breaks down, hot knife and butter! We were going to go get the skid loader for the trunk, but we had it disc'ed and in the trailer in about 45min.
Had spies yesterday? Davey? why? weird, but whateva. Probably wondering what I do different than them, beings we don't wreck a truck every couple of months. How the guy that runs the branch here keeps his job, ill never know. Then our local BCMA was around the corner, thought he would stop by, nope, still avoiding me after I wanted to talk about the Iowa Arb Assc, and why they took my money and I got nothing in return, but a bad taste. Hate it when guys talk the talk, but then run from the walk.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing! Drop the saw on it, throttle tied wide open,or lasso it from above!

Murdered the little maple, love it when ya get to the trunk and their is a column of rot that is in the stage right before the wood breaks down, hot knife and butter! We were going to go get the skid loader for the trunk, but we had it disc'ed and in the trailer in about 45min.
Had spies yesterday? Davey? why? weird, but whateva. Probably wondering what I do different than them, beings we don't wreck a truck every couple of months. How the guy that runs the branch here keeps his job, ill never know. Then our local BCMA was around the corner, thought he would stop by, nope, still avoiding me after I wanted to talk about the Iowa Arb Assc, and why they took my money and I got nothing in return, but a bad taste. Hate it when guys talk the talk, but then run from the walk.

I have looked into Iowa Arb Assc and didnt find much.

I've never removed the key from the chipper ignition. It was removed once by my brother in law when I let him use the chipper for the weekend. Got to a job the following monday and NO KEY!! What a mess that was. Kinda like taking the key out of the ignition of a boat that's trailored. Fished a tournament with a couple different bass clubs a while back. Drove about 3 hrs to a lake in PA, the guys in our club were all dumpin their boats in the water when one starts screaming " I left my f#####g boat key at home!!" His and his partners day was ruined.

Cold and rainy today, good day to continue with progress in the shop working on equipment.

almost forgot, in case the key ever does fall out on its own I now keep a spare in the battery compartment

almost forgot, in case the key ever does fall out on its own I now keep a spare in the battery compartment

I've never understood removing the key from heavy equipment, seems to me anybody with the means to steal it would have the means to get it started.

The key on my chipper wont come out. I think who ever ownd before me supper glued it.

I've never understood removing the key from heavy equipment, seems to me anybody with the means to steal it would have the means to get it started.

mine are in ignition with tye wire fastened to the machine i can't see all that driving. I agree if they are gonna steal it they will, heck a golf divit tool starts a lot of dozers:)

Latest posts

Back