whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked at a real nice miller 252 mig welder for the shop. They want $2200 for it. About a grand more than I wanna spend, but these things last forever basically. Between that and a new compressor for $1500 or so, it would be a decent investment for the place. I hate to do it, but both things are currently shot at this point, and the shop seems basically useless for anything other that drinking beer at the moment... not that there's anything wrong with that, of course! lol.

Ah well, easy come, easy go... #### it!

I just got a lincoln 256 mig welder for $1900 new. It will weld 1/2" steel one pass. They are on sale from $2100 till the end of Feb.

I just got a lincoln 256 mig welder for $1900 new. It will weld 1/2" steel one pass. They are on sale from $2100 till the end of Feb.

I bet that's the lincoln they had right next to the miller. I don't really know much about welders, but the lincoln looked sweet too. We've had the same old "millermatic 35" for probably 25 years, so I'm kinda brand loyal for some stupid reason. I liked the fact that the lincoln has two outlets on the back a lot though. I'm not sure what to do yet.

do you mean the elec outlet or the gas inlets?

It has 2 gas inlets in the back. One for your shielding gas for the reg welding gun, and another gas inlet for co2 for welding alum with the spool gun.

The power outlets are so you can run your grinder or what not off the welder and you dont have to pull out another extension cord.

My buddy has a old miller stick welder that was $4000 when he bought it years ago. Its a big one, it has its own cart to move it around on. He wants $300 for it. He has tried Craigslist but he didnt post any pics. If your interested, I can get you some pics. I thought about buying it because its a great price, but IDK where the heck I would store it. I am outta room.

do you mean the elec outlet or the gas inlets?

It has 2 gas inlets in the back. One for your shielding gas for the reg welding gun, and another gas inlet for co2 for welding alum with the spool gun.

The power outlets are so you can run your grinder or what not off the welder and you dont have to pull out another extension cord.

My buddy has a old miller stick welder that was $4000 when he bought it years ago. Its a big one, it has its own cart to move it around on. He wants $300 for it. He has tried Craigslist but he didnt post any pics. If your interested, I can get you some pics. I thought about buying it because its a great price, but IDK where the heck I would store it. I am outta room.

The power outlets for grinders is what I meant. Seems like you might still need an extention cord anyway though, the more I think about it. Still sounds like a cool feature. Other than that, I'm sure they both weld fine... it's not like I'm a pro, doing it for a living or anything. I have been welding this and that for 22 years or so now, so I'm handy enough to justify having a nice machine around.

Thats what I said too, when I upgraded to this welder from the smaller lincoln I had.

This thread has turned into the MDS, 2tree thread here today. Must mean we dont have enough to do. lol

Thats what I said too, when I upgraded to this welder from the smaller lincoln I had.

This thread has turned into the MDS, 2tree thread here today. Must mean we dont have enough to do. lol

We could be talking about a lot worse topics, so I'm enjoying the break at the moment! lol.

A buddy of mine sent me a link to a company called Eaton Compressors. They have an 80 gallon 5 HP single stage compressor on sale for under $1300. I guess they're supposed to be pretty good. Seems like that would suit my needs pretty well. I wanna get going on this stuff and get it done while I have the money, and work has finally died off.

That sounds like ok good deal, but not a great deal. Home depot sells some nice compressors for about the same price. I bought a old 50's or 60's 60 gal compressor from my friend. It is a Keystone Compressor Company brand. They are no longer in business. The thing is a beast, and very very heavy.

Took down 17 trees today, our 790 is down with a broken starter shaft. We took out the 1590xp for the first time, I never even tried it before we bought it. We are at 90 yards and counting, really nice Chipper. Its no 790 but still impressive for what it is.

At least you guys are outside,lol. This place SUCKS!!! Every time I walk outside this room I am horribly lost.. It's like being a mouse in a maze. Everything looks the same. Tomorrow I'm bringing a can of marking paint so I can find my way back to wife's room :dizzy:

Nice! What engine and HP is that one? I assume you guys went with the 25" feed rollers??

140 hp cumins
its mostly a stock unit, we got a good deal on it since its the third bandit in 6 months. Its going to end up behind a forestry on utility work. We actually wanted another 1390x 97hp but they didn't have any so they made the price of this one more attractive

That sounds like ok good deal, but not a great deal. Home depot sells some nice compressors for about the same price. I bought a old 50's or 60's 60 gal compressor from my friend. It is a Keystone Compressor Company brand. They are no longer in business. The thing is a beast, and very very heavy.

I just bought a two stage 80 gallon 5 HP. It was $1768 shipped to the door. Sucks that it wont get here till the 20th or so, but oh, well. I just wanted to make sure I bought something big enough for whatever I might wanna do. They even have color options (no charge), I went with the hunter green. Lol. What a boring thing to have to bite the bullet for though!

140 hp cumins
its mostly a stock unit, we got a good deal on it since its the third bandit in 6 months. Its going to end up behind a forestry on utility work. We actually wanted another 1390xpbrewing 97hp but they didn't have any so they made the price of this one more attractive

Nice. My dealer was trying to sell me a 1390 with a cat. I had called asking how much a 255 with JD 140 would run, or maybe 1590. IDK, I kinda lost interest and just decided to paint up my 250 instead. Take a break from the payment deal for a bit (mostly anyway).. at least until something really screams at me! lol.

Got a call this morn. to cut up and old oak branch thats been lying over a fire break road next to the HO's property.

They said someone fell it, but didnt cut it up because of BEE HIVE in the trunk.

I gave it a few kicks, no bee's, got the ms440 with 32" bar out and went to town on it.

Getting closer to the trunk I could see honey comb, bought dropped the 440 and ran, but no bee's, looks like they havent been there in a long while...woooh

005-3.jpg

001-3.jpg

SSecond to last pick, hollow oak, got the top half way to the Chipper, 80'+ off the ground and a squirel dove outa the hole, fell straight to the semi frozen ground, bounced twice and took off across the yard...to bad we can't do #### like that

Back