whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSecond to last pick, hollow oak, got the top half way to the Chipper, 80'+ off the ground and a squirel dove outa the hole, fell straight to the semi frozen ground, bounced twice and took off across the yard...to bad we can't do #### like that

Had what looked like some good sized grey squirrels (think that's what they were) jump from a nest at 55' or so the other day. It looked like they used the skin to fly just like the smaller "flying squirrels". Had never seen that before.

Finished my little job today and was home by one. I sold a little sump job for tomorrow (10 stumps). I mounted my new tool box on my stump trailer and then went to grind a little stump for my next door neighbor and found out I have a short somewhere in my wiring to the electric clutch. So I spent the rest of the day trying to run down that short. Worked on it til dark and said screw it. My eyes are getting bad with age and it's hard enough for me to work on #### in the daylight. Got to get up early tomorrow and figure out WTF it is. I have one more thing to check before I either have to tear into the wiring harness or reroute it. I straight wired it and just turned it over to make sure it was not the electric clutch and I'm all good there thank God. Just a ##### to mess with and I hate doing anything electrical. I'm a little pissed about it too because I bought everything to do it and paid my groundy a full day to rewire it last month and now I'm having to redo everything myself. Not only that, the little wiring BS that I've had to do is costing me time on the job. If I have to redo everything anyway then there will be no more shop days, I'll just do it myself to begin with.

Had another job come in that I bid a week or so back. Semi large removal with a large stump.

Anyway, short day tomorrow on stumps then I get to go kill pig. We're doing a pig roast this weekend. Was supposed to do it a couple of weeks ago but nobody could get off at the same time. Cept me... I work for myself and can takeoff whenever I want to... :biggrin:

its nice without TV around, I can post some pictures without him jumping all over me everytime telling me about his goobs of money. and over course the other one too

Finished my little job today and was home by one. I sold a little sump job for tomorrow (10 stumps). I mounted my new tool box on my stump trailer and then went to grind a little stump for my next door neighbor and found out I have a short somewhere in my wiring to the electric clutch. So I spent the rest of the day trying to run down that short. Worked on it til dark and said screw it.

with the machine running and the clutch button engaged jiggle the ignition key. for some reason my electric clutch doesn't engage sometimes, jiggle the ignition key and it fires right up. yours is the same year as mine it might have the same quirks

with the machine running and the clutch button engaged jiggle the ignition key. for some reason my electric clutch doesn't engage sometimes, jiggle the ignition key and it fires right up. yours is the same year as mine it might have the same quirks

I'm about 99% sure it's in the ignistion switch. I have got continuity to that with the volt meter. No continuity to the engage switch for the wheel. Only problem is that goes through the wiring harness. Straight wired from the clutch it will engage. I will reroute it tomorrow and that will tell me if it's in the engage switch or not.

I'm about 99% sure it's in the ignistion switch. I have got continuity to that with the volt meter. No continuity to the engage switch for the wheel. Only problem is that goes through the wiring harness. Straight wired from the clutch it will engage. I will reroute it tomorrow and that will tell me if it's in the engage switch or not.

I'd probably just buy a cheapo switch from Advanced auto and wire it up separate. Kind of a redneck solution but at least you'd have a working grinder.

let me know what ya find out. I gotta fix that little ghost in mine too, just haven't had time

let me know what ya find out. I gotta fix that little ghost in mine too, just haven't had time

Funny thing is, this whole mess started when I decided to put a new termination on the hot wire to the ignition. It was a little shaky too... LOL, you might want to leave well enough alone if it's working for you. :biggrin:

Funny thing is, this whole mess started when I decided to put a new termination on the hot wire to the ignition. It was a little shaky too... LOL, you might want to leave well enough alone if it's working for you. :biggrin:

true, i don't mind jiggling the key lol.. but I already started tearing that machine apart anyway, that's one of the things on my fix it list

Just got an email request to clear a whole acre of trees... Only problem is it's an hour and a half away... Road trip anyone??? :biggrin:

Happiness is a free dump. :hmm3grin2orange:

lol!
We finished that prune, wasn't up to long. HO came out and gave me a catalog from Gempler's. Never heard of them before, lots of really cool stuff. Going to order a soil test kit, they have master kits, tell you compaction, all the micro and macro nutrients, aeration, the works, its like 750 bucks. But if I could do my own test instead of sending them in, that would be real cool.

Back