whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So one of my firewood guys has this on his lot and is trying to sell it to me... Only 55' though...

34c58de0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

you sure that thing is 55ft md? From the pic it looks to be barely 40ft.

Lol, Commercial tree care and climbing is like dead man's corner... Step wrong and you git ur #### split... Down to the white meat... :hmm3grin2orange:

Well that sir is a LR45 , and I know this cause I had that exact same boom , and guess what that truck will sneak into some spots no doubt anyway look at it this way at least the 1st50ft of your climb will be for free....

, I don't have a opinion about cert. To each there own , but to say cert. Levels the playing field well that's just dumb, you can put lipstick on a pig but its still just a pig and its the same thing for certs. And non certs. Slicing each others throats for a buck , maybe in the next 40 years you can master humility cause believe me , your a bit full of yourself ...

In the interest of improving relations I considered just ignoring this but changed my mind.

Not sure if this asked a question or just was a grandstand statement. You are certainly entitled to your opinion of me and I care very little what it is but, as the old saying goes in regard to other stuff...you are entitled to your own opinion....BUT NOT ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN FACTS.

Becoming a Certified Arborist is not as easy as often stated mostly by those that never took the test. There are basics to many aspects of tree biology, physiology, anatomy, arboriculture and many many more things. If one has passed this we can be certain someone knows this and they are going to continue learning to get continuing education credits to keep the cert. This absolutely LEVELS the playing field of discussions when they turn to arboriculture as to common acquired knowledge by participants.

All that crap about the pig and the lipstick and slicing each other's throats for a buck is hogwash. Mutual respect is what people that have attained this basic level of knowledge credential have for each other. Ask Scott, Jeff, others that studied, taken the test, and go to seminars to maintain the credential.

Not trying to start another war but you are the main impeding factor in any learning on this thread or on this forum. I like to play grab as s as much as the next guy but I love to learn. I have really dedicated myself to learning over the years. If you call that full of myself...like I said...you are entitled to your opinion. I call that confident. Also I have been in the biz longer than most on here bringing knowledge. I really like the guys on this thread/forum. If you like someone you want to see them better their lot in life and esp. become peers to converse and share successes and commiserate with when nec. and LEARN new things with.

For some reason when ever there becomes any discussion on any intellectual level YOU want/try to block it. You don't try to hide it, you come out and say "what's up with all this non grab as s talk?" I call you dumb sometimes but you are not, you just act dumb or lazy by not wanting to learn anything or allowing anyone else to learn anything.

I have been on forums before when I have 4 arboriculture texts open next to my laptop and others nearby. I probably have a hundred arboriculture texts. Discussions going on for weeks on end about anatomy or arboriculture or whatever. So much learning occurs. Then you take a break and grab as s a little. If you eat cake all day, it doesn't taste any good when time for desert comes.

I personally studied with Alex Shigo for decades after meeting him in 1980 and followed him around the country to seminars. That is kind of like going to Brazil to study Jui Jitso (sp?) with the Gracie family.

Maybe barking up the wrong tree and if so I will move on but I think if it was you or AA to leave the forum, I would pick you because he did not have such a disdain for learning. You have never contributed anything worthwhile on any thread in the 3 years I have seen you on this or other forums until a few days ago you started a thread on "Impressive Trees". Seen many other threads like this over the years so no news bomb but why don't you want to learn anything about those impressive trees or discuss anything about them other than knocking em down?

Not looking for a name calling fest here and think we can talk this out for the benefit of this thread or, again, I will move on, because as it is now, I don't think we both can exist here without disruption and I can easily go away and fit in on another forum as I already have done in the past. I have had Justin, Scott, and yes, even you come after me on pm's and ask me to return to this forum after I have left. I know it is not just to play grab as s.

It's looks shorter than the LR50 I had 15 years ago. Sure about that height?

Nope, note sure at all. I am just going by what the dude told me. Believe me, I have no desire to buy it. Like I said, I have access to 2 other larger buckets as well as this one anytime I need it... If I were doing the volume I was 3 years ago maybe but I am doing fine right now running with low overhead, insurance and equipment upkeep... ;)

In the interest of improving relations I considered just ignoring this but changed my mind.

Not sure if this asked a question or just was a grandstand statement. You are certainly entitled to your opinion of me and I care very little what it is but, as the old saying goes in regard to other stuff...you are entitled to your own opinion....BUT NOT ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN FACTS.

Becoming a Certified Arborist is not as easy as often stated mostly by those that never took the test. There are basics to many aspects of tree biology, physiology, anatomy, arboriculture and many many more things. If one has passed this we can be certain someone knows this and they are going to continue learning to get continuing education credits to keep the cert. This absolutely LEVELS the playing field of discussions when they turn to arboriculture as to common acquired knowledge by participants.

All that crap about the pig and the lipstick and slicing each other's throats for a buck is hogwash. Mutual respect is what people that have attained this basic level of knowledge credential have for each other. Ask Scott, Jeff, others that studied, taken the test, and go to seminars to maintain the credential.

Not trying to start another war but you are the main impeding factor in any learning on this thread or on this forum. I like to play grab as s as much as the next guy but I love to learn. I have really dedicated myself to learning over the years. If you call that full of myself...like I said...you are entitled to your opinion. I call that confident. Also I have been in the biz longer than most on here bringing knowledge. I really like the guys on this thread/forum. If you like someone you want to see them better their lot in life and esp. become peers to converse and share successes and commiserate with when nec. and LEARN new things with.

For some reason when ever there becomes any discussion on any intellectual level YOU want/try to block it. You don't try to hide it, you come out and say "what's up with all this non grab as s talk?" I call you dumb sometimes but you are not, you just act dumb or lazy by not wanting to learn anything or allowing anyone else to learn anything.

I have been on forums before when I have 4 arboriculture texts open next to my laptop and others nearby. I probably have a hundred arboriculture texts. Discussions going on for weeks on end about anatomy or arboriculture or whatever. So much learning occurs. Then you take a break and grab as s a little. If you eat cake all day, it doesn't taste any good when time for desert comes.

I personally studied with Alex Shigo for decades after meeting him in 1980 and followed him around the country to seminars. That is kind of like going to Brazil to study Jui Jitso (sp?) with the Gracie family.

Maybe barking up the wrong tree and if so I will move on but I think if it was you or AA to leave the forum, I would pick you because he did not have such a disdain for learning. You have never contributed anything worthwhile on any thread in the 3 years I have seen you on this or other forums until a few days ago you started a thread on "Impressive Trees". Seen many other threads like this over the years so no news bomb but why don't you want to learn anything about those impressive trees or discuss anything about them other than knocking em down?

Not looking for a name calling fest here and think we can talk this out for the benefit of this thread or, again, I will move on, because as it is now, I don't think we both can exist here without disruption and I can easily go away and fit in on another forum as I already have done in the past. I have had Justin, Scott, and yes, even you come after me on pm's and ask me to return to this forum after I have left. I know it is not just to play grab as s.

No offense Dave but this was a complete yawn fest, no #### I fell asleep woke up and finished it , but honestly I am sure you would like me to leave instead of the likes of AA cause honestly he wasn't experienced enough to see how 2nd rate some of your #### is , but I will tone it down with you cause honestly it gets tiring kicking your ass around here and frankly it hard with your head always in the way , get it , and honestly I have always been upfront with my contributions here , and frankly no one else here judges me for that and likewise I don't judge them , and as far as me being stupid and uneducated well believe me Dave in 3years I can honestly say you haven't taught t me #### , other than the fact that shigo shoulda taken a bit more time on tree I'd with you .... And as far as the hammersmith crane work , well let's just say now I know that the pop top is something better forgotten , I started impressive trees because I person I "respect" mentioned it may be cool and I ran with it .... ANd honestly I have a great respect for what I do and I love tress but that doesn't mean that I need to respect someone who has been doing for 4 decades demands because they say so , show me why I should and I will .... And as course and abrasive as OD is or was I actually learned from him A LOT as a matter and as far as Marquis being a startup they are the companies that deserve to be a poster on my wall , and I don't agree with the wife comments and I paticipated in that because I had a weak moment but if I had the choice of hi calling me fat and dumb every 3rd post and then showing me something cool I would trade it. In a second for all of your intellectually stimulating posts ... Believe me I feel that strongly ...I will take a douchebag type calling me names but showing me why he's better anyday of the week . And dave as far as trees are concerned I was working with them @age 9 I was running a 36" caretree @ age 12 I am no fool I just don't sit here and suck my own #### , I like to have my balls broken and have fun and that's my choice

Last edited:
lol the rain man of youtube
[video=youtube;1sONfxPCTU0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0[/video]

I hate Sundays I feel like MDS sitting home drinking aftershave because there is nothing else left... Blackberry brandy and Coke just is not cutting it... time to switch to beer.

I hate Sundays I feel like MDS sitting home drinking aftershave because there is nothing else left... Blackberry brandy and Coke just is not cutting it... time to switch to beer.

Just switch to straight bourbon, no need to water down drinks with coke.

Latest posts

Back