whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave you were right and the winner of the diagnostics! The mechanic I take my stuff to called me yesterday and that's what it was!
nice steady hard rain now was out there , I was @ work at 7am did a nice little job wrapped up @ 9am and just beat the heavy stuff .. @ doug man stop being a old hag , you look like you still have a few trees left in ya , its doubtful you'll be buying the farm in a tree anyway prolly happen on the crapper stars like you and Elvis kick the bucket on the crapper

Going to rain this morning. Gonna try to setup some interviews to find a new employee today. Its hard to believe with the unemployement rate so high that you can find one dang person that wants to work hard and earn a living.

Also gonna work in sanding my stumper so i can paint it. I will post some pics, cause i know you all want to see.

Talked to about a dozen people today trying to find someone. Craigslist will bring in all kinds.....half of them can't read or choose to call anyway with no qualifications at all....oh well talked to a couple guys that are possibilities.

Was pouring this morning so we didn't work, probably could have gotten some work done as it stopped by 9 and got up to 80, I did get my new front axles put on the truck today. Not too bad a job, thanks Youtube! Haha and 1A Auto : Aftermarket Auto Parts, Car Body Parts, Replacement & New Automobile and Truck Parts | Buy Discount Car & Auto Parts Online

Youtube got pretty strict with their music copyright stuff so I'm trying Vimeo. Wasn't too hard to make the vid. Used Windows Live Movie Maker. This was that hacked out oak in front of my place. The crabapple I replaced it with is much better.

https://vimeo.com/42220399

Also, RIP MCA

Looked at a Bradford pear removal. This one is going to be sketchy. It overhangs a fence, the brush and wood have to go through a gate and there is a power line two blocks away. Life insurance is paid up, keep me in your prayers.
Yea I bid on a Japanese Laceleaf maple thats got me a little worried cause my insurance isn't paid ...My aunt Martha gonna get it on Beta max for me and I'll post it up

Looked at a Bradford pear removal. This one is going to be sketchy. It overhangs a fence, the brush and wood have to go through a gate and there is a power line two blocks away. Life insurance is paid up, keep me in your prayers.

Dude, I would not do that tree it sounds way too hairy. Maybe you should call in a crane or a spider lift but taking the wood and brush through a gate is just plain madness. :cheers:

Had the EXACT same tree in the EXACT same scenario with a bunch of Barberry Bushes around it.

I walked away from the job....

Dave you were right and the winner of the diagnostics! The mechanic I take my stuff to called me yesterday and that's what it was!

I am an idiot, but with a very small island of brilliance.

This morning did a little $400 job clobbering two poplars. "just get them on the ground".
So we were all done, an hour and a half later (had to climb & dismantle both; tight backyard). And bucked up the wood, and piled brush neatly.

Lady comes out and tells us that an estimate from another competitor for the same work: His price $1100
Am guessing his Teupen Spiderlift contributes to a lot of overhead. Or he is a crook. Or both.

Took out a dead oak. Next door had a bunch of kids out. Running out in the road, where ever. Knew it was going to be a problem. Told the lady before we started that she needs to keep an eye on them. She must not have cared wether her kids would get hurt or not. They kpet running into the lz, had to hold and stop a lead after I cut it as here comes a little tyke crew in the way, she is on the phone blabbin about nothing while her kids are running into a LZ. Took everthing I had to hod it in place. I YELLED at them, then she finally comes over , pissed that I yelled. Gets them gives me a dirty look, F it, let it go as soon as they are clear. BOOM, she spins around, looks at what came down, looks at me. I say to her "Next time I wont be able to hold it , keep your kids outa here" She says "THEY ARE JUST CURIOUS!!!" I look at her and sternly say "how did that work out for the cat, keep them out of here or I will shut down and explain to them why I cant work, but I am still going to bill them, they can work that out with you" "No need to be rude she says" "I'm not being rude, I am mad that I have to work next to a lady who doesn't love her kids, she wants them to die" She looks at me with this weird look, grabs the kids and goes in. I finish..yay. I may have been a little harsh, but damn, watch your kids. Next time she will do better, for the kids sake, I hope.

Two years into this I was doing a medium sized Oak and dropped a fairly hefty lead out of the tree right at the feet of the neighbors 4 yr old son. Lord only knows how I didn't kill him. Groundie was just as shocked as I was to see him. His mother let him outside because he was curious. After my heart attack I made two phone calls, police and children services. People never cease to amaze me...

2day....

ash over pool... zip zip..
P5165732.jpg

O man I think I'm getting promoted to bucket queen on the muni crane removal crew I don't know how I get myself in these situations:dizzy: I guess it helps when two climbers quit within a week of each other... soooo anybody in the Chicago burbs that can climb and wants to work for peanuts hit me up!! lol

Youtube got pretty strict with their music copyright stuff so I'm trying Vimeo. Wasn't too hard to make the vid. Used Windows Live Movie Maker. This was that hacked out oak in front of my place. The crabapple I replaced it with is much better.

Also, RIP MCA

Aww man.. you ####in killed Herbie II!! lol.

Nice hinge on that ####er!! Liked the tunes too!!

Also, RIP MCA

Awesome Chris, especially with the tunes! I listened to all
My beasties cd's on the way to Quebec yesterday with the top down on the jeep!

Latest posts

Back