whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treeclimber101

treeclimber101

UNCLE BUCK
His name is really Splinter and those turtles of his fight crime.

Had a emergency call in the A.M Turned out to be Jason Peirce, UFC fighter that was on the Ultimate Fighter show. When I first realized that it was a fighter, I was really skeptical about even looking at it, unless u make it big time in the fight game, u have no money..............unless u are smart and don't depend on fighting for a income. It was obvious that he was one of the smarter ones. REALLY NICE HOUSE! I was impressed with his place and would have never dreamed that a full time fighter lived there. Most of them live in these slummy apts around the gym and room 4-5 deep, those guys are poor. Anyways, he had a real nice pin oak get beat up pretty bad by the wind. Started at noon, gotta go back and finish this am. I had a run in with him in the locker room a few years ago, he got sh itty with my son, nope. I put him in his place, knowing full well at anytime he could knock me the f out, didn't care, my son is deaf and he cant hear, "so shut the f up" I didn't know if he remembered that or not, but didn't seem too or didn't care. Very respectful and professional about the tree. Big but easy, full access, off main road, good exposure. Log is leaning in the right direction and the yard is hard and sturdy.

That's actually a pretty cool story and entirely truthfull I talk with my daughters instructor all the time and it seems that what you get paid to fight is extra money at most , kinda seems the rewards are all for pride and not so much for paying the bills

mikewhite85

mikewhite85

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Nice work Mike, yeah cranes do speed things up.... a lot! As long as you have a good sized LZ to put the tree down onto ,and the groundies can process it, you can wreck a good sized tree (s) quickly! Is that a Terex 60 tn crane you were using?

It was so sweet and my groundies were awesome bringing down the picks between service lines. Beastmaster did a great job getting up and out so we could cut them from the bottom.

It was a 40 tonner. 175 per hour. As far as I know, that's a pretty good deal around here. I think it was the highest grossing day I have ever had. I figured on a full day for the crane but ended up only having to pay the 4 hour minimum.

no tree to big

no tree to big

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Selling these 2 cmi 3/4" blocks. They havent been used all that much. I bought 2 new ones today that i like better. Asking $50 each. mods, i just wanted to post here because i thought it would get more views.

sending you a PM in a min...

killed 3 big ole american elms today 60 yard dump packed tight with logs and a full load on the loader.

yesterday we did a ~36" dead ash was like 8 inches from this stupid plastic fence every time a tiny stick would come close to it the HO would run over and make sure we didn't scratch it. I started getting so pissed off at the guy, I'm not sure I did it on purpose or not but I just whacked the hell out of the darn thing this one time(I was running ropes) didn't break it or anything but the dude almost had a panic attack :msp_biggrin:. O and I forgot about the bush "I paid a lot to have installed" right under the f'in dead ass tree I'm about to have cut down... it was a 30 dollar bush from home depot:msp_confused:

treeslayer

treeslayer

Addicted to ArboristSite
took down a really nasty damaged maple today for limbwalker54. He put 3 big straps on the broken arse trunk, before I climbed it, and we got it done safely. He goes all the way doing everything right, a good man to work for, and with.

And while blocking down the trunk, a young squirrel I had seen going up and down popped out of a hole. landed on my knee, jumped to my foot and off the tree about 15'-20' up. hit the ground, (which shook him up) and ran straight to the 200 hp 18" chipper and hid behind the drum. :msp_scared:
the guys went over and flushed him out. we almost got a picture, would have been priceless. I had a 20" 362 in one hand and could only laugh..........:msp_sneaky:

beastmaster

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
It was so sweet and my groundies were awesome bringing down the picks between service lines. Beastmaster did a great job getting up and out so we could cut them from the bottom.

It was a 40 tonner. 175 per hour. As far as I know, that's a pretty good deal around here. I think it was the highest grossing day I have ever had. I figured on a full day for the crane but ended up only having to pay the 4 hour minimum.

Always a pleasure working with you Mike. Showed my wife the picture of me riding the ball and she freaked out:msp_tongue:She doesn't like to know what I do at work.
Sorry about canceling Thurs. But I am blind as a bat with out my glasses.

sgreanbeans

sgreanbeans

Treeaculterologist
Finished the oak, laid it over when I had to about 40ft, had put out some smaller logs (cribbing) to lay it on, when it hit,sounded like a bomb went off, it was cool, I was surprised that it did not smash them into the turf. The local hoodies came out in force to see what the noise was, guy down the street thought for sure we hit something. One lof the cribbing logs was already cracked and when the big guy hit it, it exploded, LA LA LOUD! Got it one film, so it will be in the Extreme Surgical Super Precision I Can Do The Same Damn Thing Every Day And So Can Everybody Else Who Has Done This For Any Respectable Time video

Bought a Teeter Hangup for 75 bucks on criagslist, tried it last night, not sure how your supposed to hang upside down for 10 minutes without your eyes popping out ya head. Felt good on the back tho

Kottonwood

Kottonwood

ArboristSite Operative
Demoed a toro stx-26. I am in the market for a new stumper right now. Gotta say I was very impressed with the stx-26. It grinded much faster than I expected once you get the hang of it.

I wish they would put more power in that thing though...... at least a 30hp option.

I think I am going to wait a little and see if a stumper with some more power comes along, but that was a nice machine. I told the guy If he would take my stump slayer on trade I would buy it..... We will see.... I don't think they want the slayer

deevo

deevo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well first thing this morning my daughters were up bright and early as usual, they were at the disney store yesteday and got all the new Disney Brave movie stuff and one of the characters came with a bow and arrow set......so my oldest daughter who knows i used to be into archery (when i had time) asked me to get out my bows and arrows, i have one that she could pull back a bit so we went outside and man, she picked it up very naturally! So after i did a few jobs this morning, removed a decent sized cedar beside a house, trimmed up a cherry tree, and planted a new plum tree for the client. Soon as i got home we were off the the outdoors store nearby, got her a starter kit. Then my other daughter wanted something so she got a bird book, and a goose caller! Well that drove my wife up the wall soon as we got home!lol! Then tonight was my youngest daughters senior kindergarten graduation. Got 3 60' poplars to wreck in the morning and grind the stumps. Should go good, we can flop em on the road (it's a quiet road) and just feed the chipper!

deevo

deevo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Demoed a toro stx-26. I am in the market for a new stumper right now. Gotta say I was very impressed with the stx-26. It grinded much faster than I expected once you get the hang of it.

I wish they would put more power in that thing though...... at least a 30hp option.

I think I am going to wait a little and see if a stumper with some more power comes along, but that was a nice machine. I told the guy If he would take my stump slayer on trade I would buy it..... We will see.... I don't think they want the slayer

Is that a mini? Don't you have a DW already? Sorry just not familiar with the Toro's

deevo

deevo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Saw a few of the local hacks driving around today putting flyers in mailboxes where we were working. Hmmmmm 2 crappy looking spare tires on the truck, smashed up mirrors, guys in the truck looked like complete slobs, ripped shirts etc..... he advertises about his cheap cheap rates, no friggin wonder, probably sleeps in his truck as well! Oh yeah 35 and lives with his parents! lol! Other ones i saw, well it's not worth my time to type!:D

cfield

cfield

ArboristSite Operative
Saw a few of the local hacks driving around today putting flyers in mailboxes where we were working. Hmmmmm 2 crappy looking spare tires on the truck, smashed up mirrors, guys in the truck looked like complete slobs, ripped shirts etc..... he advertises about his cheap cheap rates, no friggin wonder, probably sleeps in his truck as well! Oh yeah 35 and lives with his parents! lol! Other ones i saw, well it's not worth my time to type!:D

Way too many hacks out there. I wonder if they have their own site like "hack.com" or something. Im sure their parents can afford internet, i swear the ones i know live at home too.

deevo

deevo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Way too many hacks out there. I wonder if they have their own site like "hack.com" or something. Im sure their parents can afford internet, i swear the ones i know live at home too.

Yeah and they collect welfare and EI for their crack habit! lol! A guy who fell out of a tree in April was doing what shoulda been a $2000 job for $150 was on welfare, after the investigation was over and done with. Guess who got cut off welfare? Oh yeah broke both legs, crushed his left arm to pieces, many other serious injuries as well. Cut his only lanyard at 45' up an elm and fell straight down! Poor bugger, just not his day:msp_sleep:

2treeornot2tree

2treeornot2tree

Dont cry, just do it
Working on making some slings this evening.
5' - 1/2" dia tennex sling
8' - 1/2" dia tennex sling
6' - 3/4" dia tennex sling
24' - 3/4" dia tennex sling, it was the length of the piece i had left.

attachment.php

mattfr12

mattfr12

The Bulldog

How much did they want for it. i wanna get a little guy for chasing roots and smaller stumps so i don't have to drag a 6-9k machine around for every stump.

tree md

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well I finally found me a truck. 99 F250 Super Duty 4x4. Relatively low miles and the price is right. Very clean on the outside but nothing fancy on the inside. Interior is in decent shape but it has a bench seat and no power anything... Which is what I like. Just a solid work truck. I'm picking it up after I get done working tomorrow:

5Lc5G95Eb3E13G23J8c5e10fed33830f616.jpg

jandh@amtelecom

jandh@amtelecom

ArboristSite Operative
Ouchhhh!

Yeah and they collect welfare and EI for their crack habit! lol! A guy who fell out of a tree in April was doing what shoulda been a $2000 job for $150 was on welfare, after the investigation was over and done with. Guess who got cut off welfare? Oh yeah broke both legs, crushed his left arm to pieces, many other serious injuries as well. Cut his only lanyard at 45' up an elm and fell straight down! Poor bugger, just not his day:msp_sleep:

:msp_thumbdn:What was he thinking? I got a local hack too. No equipment, uses ladders, lost a couple jobs lately to him I think. Next town over they had 5 new "Tree Services" start up last year, all have no equipment I hear.:frown:

sgreanbeans

sgreanbeans

Treeaculterologist
Pruned a ash and a linden, removed a maple and a cherry, all small quickies. We had to walk around the fence to get to the gate in the back. The HO next door comes out, walks right up to us and stares. I say hi, he stares, I say hi again, nothing. My wife says hi, he says "so what made you think you could walk in my yard with out asking" in this real PO'ed voice. I walk right up to him and tell him that we are sorry and we will never set foot again on his property. He YELLS " I didn't say ya couldn't, but would have been damn nice if you asked" Again I tell him we are sorry and we will stay far away from his grass and will make every effort to not damage it by WALKING on it!
So we go back to work. He stayed out there and watched our every move. I have no problem with him not wanting to be in his yard, its his yard. BUT, its real hard to swallow when ya look at the place and it hasn't been worked on in years, nasty place and he is out there like we walked across his dads grave. I sure hope I don't get that way when I get old, all we did was walk too the gate, no tools, no brush, nothing. Jerkface.

Latest posts