whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on a volunteer invasives clearing with a parks group I'm sorta on the board of, not that we have met much, the coordinator throws out a date these days...:laugh:...

As i start to pull this pile of honeysuckle out of the "wooded" area, I feel this bit on my lip, next thing I know this tiny little current vine is dragging me back cuz it has me hooked by the lip with a prickle, just like a fish. Blood was running down my face and I near fell on my butt, though when it scabbed up there were juts three tiny marks on my lip.

Was funny from my point, musta been hilarious for anyone who might have seen it.

Please don't mention vines I'm turning thicket into vineless woods with weedeater hedge trimmers and I swear its growing back faster than I can cut the 25 acre project :)

Lol its employment but oh my i been stuck, scratched on every conceivable body part and the ticks and chiggars I swear will finish me off.

Selling these 2 cmi 3/4" blocks. They havent been used all that much. I bought 2 new ones today that i like better. Asking $50 each. mods, i just wanted to post here because i thought it would get more views.

attachment.php

Worked on a volunteer invasives clearing with a parks group I'm sorta on the board of, not that we have met much, the coordinator throws out a date these days...:laugh:...

As i start to pull this pile of honeysuckle out of the "wooded" area, I feel this bit on my lip, next thing I know this tiny little current vine is dragging me back cuz it has me hooked by the lip with a prickle, just like a fish. Blood was running down my face and I near fell on my butt, though when it scabbed up there were juts three tiny marks on my lip.

Was funny from my point, musta been hilarious for anyone who might have seen it.

You should tell the coordinator your story and when he don't laugh say " I guess you had to be there... but obviously you weren't"

Please don't mention vines I'm turning thicket into vineless woods with weedeater hedge trimmers and I swear its growing back faster than I can cut the 25 acre project :)

Lol its employment but oh my i been stuck, scratched on every conceivable body part and the ticks and chiggars I swear will finish me off.

This should be posted in the WTF section. Really.

I hit 4 job sites today. 3 large prunes and a small storm damage cleanup. Start another HOA project tomorrow. Hopefully be out of there in two days, stumps and all. Gave a bid on a large Silver today but doubt I'll get it. He's getting other estimates and they are doing large removals for peanuts here now. More power to them. I gave a good price and I'm leaving them with that. I'll net the same on two small removals on the HOA job tomorrow than I would on the big Silver and only have to climb and handle a third of the wood. Why on earth would I want to try and compete with these idiots on large removals when I have a better, steady, more profitable income doing smaller removals and prunning...

Here is the new blocks i got.

1/2" isc block, and a 3/4" isc block

attachment.php

I just picked them up from tree stuff. i love that site now, i placed an order at 5pm and had it before 3pm the next day. with there ground shipping. its the fastest I've ever seen stuff arrive. imori climbing line is around 30$ less than everywhere else also.

Just got home from a day up north (Deevo's way) unfortunately our timing was off and couldn't hook up. - I think he was too busy playing with the demo mini skid steer.:laugh:

Long day. Left at 6:00am and home at midnight.

Leaving the job, noticed the chipper had a flat tire. Fortunately, I carry a spare. Got caught without one once.

Made some $. All's good.

His name is really Splinter and those turtles of his fight crime.

Had a emergency call in the A.M Turned out to be Jason Peirce, UFC fighter that was on the Ultimate Fighter show. When I first realized that it was a fighter, I was really skeptical about even looking at it, unless u make it big time in the fight game, u have no money..............unless u are smart and don't depend on fighting for a income. It was obvious that he was one of the smarter ones. REALLY NICE HOUSE! I was impressed with his place and would have never dreamed that a full time fighter lived there. Most of them live in these slummy apts around the gym and room 4-5 deep, those guys are poor. Anyways, he had a real nice pin oak get beat up pretty bad by the wind. Started at noon, gotta go back and finish this am. I had a run in with him in the locker room a few years ago, he got sh itty with my son, nope. I put him in his place, knowing full well at anytime he could knock me the f out, didn't care, my son is deaf and he cant hear, "so shut the f up" I didn't know if he remembered that or not, but didn't seem too or didn't care. Very respectful and professional about the tree. Big but easy, full access, off main road, good exposure. Log is leaning in the right direction and the yard is hard and sturdy.

I hit 4 job sites today. 3 large prunes and a small storm damage cleanup. Start another HOA project tomorrow. Hopefully be out of there in two days, stumps and all. Gave a bid on a large Silver today but doubt I'll get it. He's getting other estimates and they are doing large removals for peanuts here now. More power to them. I gave a good price and I'm leaving them with that. I'll net the same on two small removals on the HOA job tomorrow than I would on the big Silver and only have to climb and handle a third of the wood. Why on earth would I want to try and compete with these idiots on large removals when I have a better, steady, more profitable income doing smaller removals and prunning...

Funny you said that, same thing here, all the hacking tards are doing what should be sometimes a $3500 removal for $1500 or so, takes em 3 days with their one p/u and wildthingy, probably tired as heck at the end of it. Mean while my crew we can do 3 small jobs (some days) in a day bring in $1500-2000 easy. There is no way they can get ahead doing this! 1) your working your arse off for nothing, 2) no way you can live comfortably like this, 3) your gonna wear yourself down to nothing if you can't set money aside for better equipment to do the jobs faster and more efficiently. Your just gonna be a hack for life! Oh well, whatever! lol! I just laugh at them now:msp_w00t::msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
I just picked them up from tree stuff. i love that site now, i placed an order at 5pm and had it before 3pm the next day. with there ground shipping. its the fastest I've ever seen stuff arrive. imori climbing line is around 30$ less than everywhere else also.

I got the ISC blocks this year as well, very nice and easy to work with, no more screwing around! lol! Easy one turn in and one out. Rounder edges and very smooth!

Just got home from a day up north (Deevo's way) unfortunately our timing was off and couldn't hook up. - I think he was too busy playing with the demo mini skid steer.:laugh:

Long day. Left at 6:00am and home at midnight.

Leaving the job, noticed the chipper had a flat tire. Fortunately, I carry a spare. Got caught without one once.

Made some $. All's good.

Next time, glad you made it home safely and with all your $. Maybe if you didn't make so much yesterday your tire wouldn't of been low!:msp_biggrin:

First crane removal!

View attachment 241552View attachment 241553View attachment 241554View attachment 241555

2 Ash, a tree of heaven, and a row of 11 italian cypress trees. Beastmaster helped me on this one. Crane was only on site for 2 and a half hours! Would have taken probably 2-3 days the old fashioned way- and much harder on the body.

Nice work Mike, yeah cranes do speed things up.... a lot! As long as you have a good sized LZ to put the tree down onto ,and the groundies can process it, you can wreck a good sized tree (s) quickly! Is that a Terex 60 tn crane you were using?

Latest posts

Back