whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the last 2 days removing 2 big Aleppo pines. Still have some more clean up to do on Monday. I was able to fell about 40' of spar on the taller one (pictured) but all that slicing and dicing the 3' trunk wood takes a while. View attachment 241067 Underbid this one but glad to keep my crew going. The client has been a joy to work for as well.

And my first crane job is on Tuesday :) A row of 11 Italian cypresses and a pair of mid sized Ash. Got Beastmaster to help me on this one.

removed a dead oak, and birch and then did two other small tree jobs. Had a little ops the first job. Dropped a small piece of wood (maybe 3" dia x 3' long) from about 50' up, and it over rotated and landed end first on the driveway right where there was some damage from root heave. Didnt it punch a hole in the driveway. WTF. They like 10 mins later had some branch tips touch the gutter on the way down and wont you know it, it broke off the gutter. I couldn't believe it, came down. Low and behold the gutter brackets were made outta of plastic. Had to take a breath and slow down a little, and there was no more issues. Luckely, the lady was really cool, and she had new brackets for the gutter, so we fixed it. She said it was about to fall down anyway.

attachment.php

Went and ground the honey locust stump i didnt get to last week because of the driving rain when we left. What a pile of chips. Took me 2 hrs with my little 1625a sjr. The tree was mounded up about 6 inches higher then the surronding grade. Glad i dont have to clean up all those chips.

attachment.php

I take it you've been there yourself and thanks to you and everybody else for their support.

I gotta confess I once spiked up (performed acupuncture upon) a big ole maple tree I was just deadwooding. The guilt has been gnawing at my conscience for years.

What is wrong with todays youth

So we had our middle sons grad party last night. Have been saving a pretty large bon fire for it. 50fts flames BTW! So, I let Brandon and a few of his buddys w/ hot chicks stay, they had a bit of beer and wine, DID I MENTION HOT CHICKS. I took keys, parents knew, I blocked all access to the back 40 with the big trucks and turned them loose. I wake up, expecting to see naked young people passed out all over my yard with Sharpie paint jobs and shaved heads. Beer cans and garbage all over. I so was disappointed. There was not a mess, all kids in the house, with clothes on. Still have half the beer and they cleaned up the basement kitchen area where the food was. W T F ! If that was us, me and my friends, god only knows what might have happened when locked into a safe area with booze, chicks and food. They got up by 730 and where gone by 8. Brandon is still in bed with his girl right now, I just woke them up, I was surprised, they where fully clothed.

Disappointed and proud, this is confusing me. My kids are not normal.

We have a bunch of new neighbors on our street, freakin renters, they were trippin! The fire was so massive at first and everyone was getting scared, lol. Me and Ron, my besty, kept tellin them that it will burn down fast, as it kept getting bigger! Wife was giving me the death look, lol. I had my skid-loader with the 72" dirt bucket full of water on standby and with a hose, out there, just in case. I had a few 3ft dia, 6-7 ft long chunks of green pine on there, it will still be going in a week! Old dude down the street told me this morning that he was talking bout the fire to a new guy, new guy was going to call the cops, old dude advise not to. He told dude, "so, ya didnt notice any of that back there when ya looked at renting the place huh?, right next door to a big arse tree service, with a huge pile of wood right in the middle of his lot, what the hell do think he does back there, carve figurines?" Putting him in his place. Classic, that is why I take care of all my old property owners on the street, they have my back!

Brandon was trying to let me, let them go up in the bucket, uhhh, HOW BOUT NO!

2 down,1 to go.

Sold a two day job to a customer yesterday.

I think this guy must have the worst luck with trees I've ever seen. A few years ago he had two large sugar maples just up and die on him, nice big shade trees (someone supposedly "fed" them, only thing I can thing of). One was $2200, the other was $4500. Now he has another two decent sized maples, that are stone dead, as well as two elm trees, and another sugar that has to go. I told him three grand.. he looks at me and says "whatever, I'm in your hands. You had the horrible job of taking down that one giant tree, and then you had to come back and do it all over again, with an even worse one, after that". Why can't they all be like this guy!! lol.

I just went to Bryn Mawr (super yuppies) and looked at a 100' red oak that is dying, and called in a $5000 rough estimate to one of my landscapers. He liked it, and said "finish the bid, We got the job"..........:hmm3grin2orange:
get at least a 35 tonner, ka-ching!
36"-40" dbh x 20'+ smooth straight log......:msp_drool:

Last edited:
Sold a two day job to a customer yesterday.

I think this guy must have the worst luck with trees I've ever seen. A few years ago he had two large sugar maples just up and die on him, nice big shade trees (someone supposedly "fed" them, only thing I can thing of). One was $2200, the other was $4500. Now he has another two decent sized maples, that are stone dead, as well as two elm trees, and another sugar that has to go. I told him three grand.. he looks at me and says "whatever, I'm in your hands. You had the horrible job of taking down that one giant tree, and then you had to come back and do it all over again, with an even worse one, after that". Why can't they all be like this guy!! lol.

Lol is right! Speakin of lol...I quit postin on this thread (my thread) cause of all the noobs, part time moonlighten weekenders, green men, wanna be's, pipsqueeks, and incompentents that showed up on here.

Speakin of incompentents...here's a few messages for 101 and oltirdy and all the above mentioned from your's truly...treevette... :hmm3grin2orange:

[video=youtube_share;PSEYXWmEse8]http://youtu.be/PSEYXWmEse8[/video]

toodles mucka lucka's

I just went to Bryn Mawr (super yuppies) and looked at a 100' red oak that is dying, and called in a $5000 rough estimate to one of my landscapers. He liked it, and said "finish the bid, We got the job"..........:hmm3grin2orange:
get at least a 35 tonner, ka-ching!
36"-40" dbh x 20'+ smooth straight log......:msp_drool:

Nice! 5k is my record for a single tree. I have done quite a few at $4500. That has always been my favorite kind of job. Nice when you only have to focus on killing and getting rid of the one tree to get that check! :cheers:

Lol is right! Speakin of lol...I quit postin on this thread (my thread) cause of all the noobs, part time moonlighten weekenders, green men, wanna be's, pipsqueeks, and incompentents that showed up on here.

Speakin of incompentents...here's a few messages for 101 and oltirdy and all the above mentioned from your's truly...treevette... :hmm3grin2orange:

[video=youtube_share;PSEYXWmEse8]http://youtu.be/PSEYXWmEse8[/video]

toodles mucka lucka's

grumpy old men fence stand off / the great Ice war. - YouTube
:)

Latest posts

Back