whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great vid! I love the views and nice speed lines. How you liking your new 201t?

Terrible, to be frank. Even with the muffler mod its a woeful cutter against gravity. Gonna have to doctor it more. If ya see a 200t anywhere, buy it because you dont want one of these fckers.

yu shouldn't jump to conclusions i did ask him why he made that cut and his answer was "you got to do something" That answer isn't good enough for me so thats why i'm bringing it up here. there was a bunch of unfavorable cuts he made when I was in the backyard doing something else. I thought I could trust him to do the tree without me there.
there's at least 5,000 of my posts that I have read and after I have posted them and cringed maybe you should delete the pics and this whole thing , do it quick though while no one is looking LOL....

Terrible, to be frank. Even with the muffler mod its a woeful cutter against gravity. Gonna have to doctor it more. If ya see a 200t anywhere, buy it because you dont want one of these fckers.

I am waiting for the 540xp to come out ......whenever it does! My 200T is in relatively good shape!

yu shouldn't jump to conclusions i did ask him why he made that cut and his answer was "you got to do something" That answer isn't good enough for me so thats why i'm bringing it up here. there was a bunch of unfavorable cuts he made when I was in the backyard doing something else. I thought I could trust him to do the tree without me there.

A bunch!!?? Come on, cut me some slack. I am not that bad am I?

There was more to my relpy than " you got to do something". That was just the part you chose to remember.

The thing about the rules of cutting is that they look good on paper but don't exactly fit with every senerio.

TMD worked with me the other day in some old linden trees. The day went pretty well for the most part but it's just that something has been on my mind since. Both trees had some prolonged issues that couldn't be address in one prune session but i feel i must bring this to his attention. It isn't my intention to start a fight, only to let him know that i'm not happy. Maybe i'm being too picky, or maybe i'm just wrong if so then fine. A couple of cuts he made on the one linden tree really dissapointed me. It could be he was tired or just didn't care IDK whatever the case I really thought he was better than that. Let me know if im being overly critical. These pics are from a cut he made but really it was the 6" flush cut that ticked me off.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It was a close cut. And I didn't mean to rip the other one... you were distracting me by standing behind me asking questions when I cut it, I am easily distracted I guess.
Now on that stub I did make the choice to cut it like that. In that particular circumstance I thought it best in the situation. I chose to cut off the hole and into fresh meat. I did think about leaving more of the collar but it seemed it would turn into a big rotten hole just the same.

I get a little lost when I just show up to prune another guy's tree, a tree I have never seen before or had time to contemplate. And that's the hard part, the contemplating. I get lost between what should be done and what you said you were going to do and how much its costs. You know, expectations of the client, it always comes down to that.

The years and years of this collar cut discussion have made me tired... so has all this climbing round trying to make perfect cuts. My arboriculural technique is a blend of everything I have ever seen and heard on the subject. Its all in there, the bits come and go as needed and I methodicaly cut based on all the circumstances as well.

It seemed to me that I made the cut right on the border of live tissue. That what was I was going for, collar cut or not. It was a forked branch , asthetics came to mind. Its a cut that paste would be good all but all cuts are.

Some headcam footage from from the spring, just. Its actually been alright, as in busy enough, but I got a feeling things are going to dry up again now. Its an odd place.

Switch your youtube settings to HD

Treework, Spring, 2012, Victoria BC - YouTube

Reg, bang up job brother!...very nice work, love the zip line.

I like the "I give you 7 out out of 10"........ should of let it run more ehh, why is this so hard for groundie's to understand this...lol

keep the vids coming

Last edited:
I was going to say the exact same thing! That big job near the end with the crane looked like a fun one! How long did that take>? Thanks again for the great videos Reg:msp_thumbsup:

Thanks. We spent a day rigging/winching all the limbs across to the far rigging point where we had the chipper as you can see, and were able to do so without anything actually touching down along the way....which save probably about 6 hours labor had we just layed them out on the embankment. And then had a little crane in the second day to pluck the spars. We were actually out of reach with the last tree so had to chunk down with a vertical speed line, and then winch the logs up bank until the crane could reach....at which point we were only good for 1000lb lifts. So 2 days in all.

It was a close cut. And I didn't mean to rip the other one... you were distracting me by standing behind me asking questions when I cut it, I am easily distracted I guess.
Now on that stub I did make the choice to cut it like that. In that particular circumstance I thought it best in the situation. I chose to cut off the hole and into fresh meat. I did think about leaving more of the collar but it seemed it would turn into a big rotten hole just the same.

I get a little lost when I just show up to prune another guy's tree, a tree I have never seen before or had time to contemplate. And that's the hard part, the contemplating. I get lost between what should be done and what you said you were going to do and how much its costs. You know, expectations of the client, it always comes down to that.

The years and years of this collar cut discussion have made me tired... so has all this climbing round trying to make perfect cuts. My arboriculural technique is a blend of everything I have ever seen and heard on the subject. Its all in there, the bits come and go as needed and I methodicaly cut based on all the circumstances as well.

So TMD violated a knothole? It happens..

Sounds like you and TMD (THE DAN) need to HUG IT OUT.

I've made a few "unfavorable cuts" myself, it just happend's sometime....

I peeled a cut past the collar last week. Hate it. To tell the truth it embarrasses the #### out of me when I do something like that but it happens. We are merely mortal men...

Well, we finished a big euc job this week. It was 78 large eucs to crown thin and safety prune, about 15 hazard removals, and structure prune some young eucs. The tips of eucs can get pretty heavy. It is a job getting out on the end's and lighten them up.
Here are some pics. Don't be afraid to get critical.
Jeff
View attachment 240992View attachment 240993View attachment 240994View attachment 240995View attachment 240996

Looks good to me. You couldn't wheel in your bucket truck for those? Or not enough reach? Those look like they would be fun to climb!:msp_thumbup:

I spent most of the day collecting $, looked at one narly looking dead silver maple! Oh yes, over 3 phase, and of course the house, very tight. Bid accordingly, will see! :msp_tongue:

Looks good to me. You couldn't wheel in your bucket truck for those? Or not enough reach? Those look like they would be fun to climb!:msp_thumbup:
They where too tall for the bucket, ( near 100'),
The good thing is that it bordered a golf course that residents had access too and they all had fire place's. Started on a Wednesday and left a lot of wood for the week-end and came back and a lot was took! WHOO!
Jeff

Latest posts

Back