whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol.. Super Awesome Jeff!! :laugh:

Let's do it in harmony!

Rolling rolling rolling,
keep them Dougie's moving,
Thou we be mis-approving,
Miss guide!
Dougie will be waiting,
Patient anticipation, soon we'll be living far and wide,
With Dougie's understanding,
We'll rope, throw and brand 'em,
Soon we'll be back on the ride!!!!
Jeff :clap:

Let's do it in harmony!

Rolling rolling rolling,
keep them Dougie's moving,
Thou we be mis-approving,
Miss guide!
Dougie will be waiting,
Patient anticipation, soon we'll be living far and wide,
With Dougie's understanding,
We'll rope, throw and brand 'em,
Soon we'll be back on the ride!!!!
Jeff :clap:

Come on, Larry
That was good!
Jeff

Hit the top of my hand on the corner of my trailer today. My dang hand is swelled up, and hurts to bend my ring finger. Had to cancel my climbing job for the morning. did some more spliceing this evening. This time, i splice a eye in both ends of a new piece of yale 16 strand rope.

attachment.php

The limbs were structurally compromised and presented a clear and present danger to the home. One had already failed, and was hung up in the one below it. Getting them off the tree was the right thing to do.

I refused a full trim of the tree that another tree company had offered to do to reduce the "sail area" of the tree. I explained to the customer that I would be willing to do that if they were willing to wait until they had to shovel snow off their sidewalks.

~ the Aerialist ...

Good.

I am glad to hear your wife is ok, aside from all your BS, I have great respect for your wife. She manages to live with you.

Went to Vermeer and got some stuff for my son, they used to have a bunch of goodies in there, now they don't have jack, was going to have him try on some saddles but all they had was Sherrill basics. Bought a new Fanno blade to replace the almost new Sherrill blade for the Jameson pole, hope it is smoother. Bought a Air filter for my chipper, then left it, crap! Then went to farm and fleet and bought my youngest some Cat Indiana's. His first real set of boots. Has been fun with them out, and they are doing really good. Picking it up real fast. My oldest pruned his first tree, did pretty good, nice cuts, all handsaw! He has not graduated to running a saw up there yet, plenty of time for that, right now I am just getting him used to moving around in the tree. Bought him a new line, some Ivy. I am making him learn the split tail system and hip thrusting, before I let him foot lock and use any gadgets, old school first, then he will learn every way up too the ascenders. He is fit so he shouldn't need those. Besides I don't have them and not gunna buy them!

Sold a massive tree ring deal. Lady I did a bunch of pruning for, lots of trees with turf up to them and the landscraper is doing them no justice, talked her in to installing rings around everyone, but she wants black mulch ....ewwwww! But wateva, her money.

Was given a Agri-Fab lawn mower dump trailer, going to sell the skidloader and just use the griener 2000 with the trailer, I think it can hold 500LBS :msp_w00t: On a serious note! It will be great for firewood for the F-I-L. In winter he is out there with a wheel barrow on shakey knees, not good. This should help that sit. Oh and yes, I will paint it green.

Sitting here at michigan international speedway about to tap a mini keg. Got the insky for the vip louge this afternoon, food and drink, ac, smoking lounge.. Love me some nascar, gonna be a fun weekend! :rock:

We do a lot of golf course work and usually they just go with us, but because of the size, scope, and cost, they needed 2 more bid's.
My bid was $21,980.
Another guy was at $40,000.
The last guy was $11,000.
Go figure.
Jeff:confused:

Are they going with the lowest bid?

I will find out Monday.
They saw my bid and then decided to get two more. I suggested that we all meet and review the scope of work to make sure we are bidding apples to apples, because it is obviously clear that we are not.
Jeff

Yep, thats the best way to do that.

View attachment 241828
Pruned the dead branches off of some tall fir trees today. One of them was so big, both ends of my line were barely touching the ground.

ds, I was in Soda Springs last week bucking and splitting sierra lodge pole pine (tamarack), I actually dont take on to much wood splitting jobs, but the good thing is, it seems to gets me tree removal work with the HO's...they ask me to walk the property and let them know if any tree's need to be removed. The tree's I bucked up and split, were dropped by PG&E

002-4.jpg

Heres the half dead lodge pole pine tree the HO wants me to take down..80' footer
005-4.jpg

Dead one in the center, and one more not in pic
003-1.jpg

Happy fathers day!

Kids were/are up early as usual! Happy fathers day to all the fathers out there! Spending the weekend at the cottage, hopefully gonna do some water skiing or wakeboarding after breakfast if the rain holds out! Or me! Lol!

Dug up some old bottles and antiques on my buddy's coffee farm. Then went down to the beach witth a bunch of pork fat and a tri tip. BBQed pork rines with a beer to celebrate pops. Then I got a text from the x g friend. She's in Colorado hiking. Texted her back " cool" . Then I get one from her fiance saying I better leave her alone and stopp trying to get ahold of her and if im ever in town and I got a problem he'd solve it. Wtf. I haven't talk to this girl In a year and haven't seen her in almost 3 and this dude wants to throw down. Of course I facebook him OMGolly (im 35) this dudes a 52 yr old, 90lb vegan, yoga instructor. I sent him a pic of my boken, busted, callused hands and said I love to box but im a much better wrestler and NO I don't want any trouble. Very sorry. She always thought it was funny to introduce new boy friennds to old ones and not say anything. I never minded she was hot and her x's were actors and artist so needles to say I never had to fight anybody.
Only reason I vent about her here is because she was the # 1 groundy ever. Drag brush, run ropes, all while looking good.:rock:

Working on painting my grinder. I feel like i will never get done.

attachment.php

Got another nice tree job yesturday. All wood stays where it falls, and all brush can be chipped into the woods. Only thing that sucks is one tree is dead, and i found termites in the base of it, and another one is covered with ivy. But the good news is my wraptor is being shipped monday and i will be able to float right past the ivy to the top of the tree. I cant even seem to keep up with just the tree work i am getting let alone all the other work too. I cant wait till my 1/2 page yellow book ad comes out. I got top placement and a video on yellowbook.com.

Working on painting my grinder. I feel like i will never get done.

attachment.php

Got another nice tree job yesturday. All wood stays where it falls, and all brush can be chipped into the woods. Only thing that sucks is one tree is dead, and i found termites in the base of it, and another one is covered with ivy. But the good news is my wraptor is being shipped monday and i will be able to float right past the ivy to the top of the tree. I cant even seem to keep up with just the tree work i am getting let alone all the other work too. I cant wait till my 1/2 page yellow book ad comes out. I got top placement and a video on yellowbook.com.

you may be the first person ever to have to body thrust while using a wraptor.

This cheap ass bracket thingy that runs accross the top of my wraptor broke again this weekend (already had it welded once). I don't think I ever abused it either. I think it's just a flimsy design. Other than that, it's a great tool, you will love it.

Latest posts

Back