whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you sound about excited as me. wed is feeling like 42 here. tomorrow 37 and thurs 40. what is july and august going to bring? 50?!?!?!?

Yeah, they're saying Wednesday is going to be the end of the world. We're starting a big job tomorrow that will go into Wednesday. Honestly, I'm not designed to function at that temperature. Gimme -10 on a sunny day and it's t-shirt weather if your working hard, but +40...

Headaches, stomach aches, dizziness, barfing, asthma attacks, all followed by a slow and painful death. Unfortunately my climber is one of those guys who sings and dances at +35, so I'm a bit stuck. I went into a state of dementia last year working in the sun, I was bucking up some spruce and I stopped the saw because I realized I couldn't remember where I was. "Break!" Half an hour in the shade for that one.

Apparently the heat breaks on Thursday and it's back to decent temperatures for at least a week. Thank God. :bowdown:

you sound about excited as me. wed is feeling like 42 here. tomorrow 37 and thurs 40. what is july and august going to bring? 50?!?!?!?

Yep, we started early and ended early today! Couple of easy ones and paid good to do em! Love it! Taking the family to Canada's Wonderland tomorrow! Can't wait to ride the new coaster liviathon or whatver the heck they call it!

Had a nice little scare first thing this morning , I was cruising up to a traffic light @ 615am with the bucket and the clutch pedal fell right to the floor , turns out I lost my return spring on the clutch fork and the cable nut vibrated loose and my cable fell off , so needless to say I was a bit puckered when I couldn't shift the truck , I used 2 of the heavy pole clip springs together and made myself a bit of a rig up setup to get me back to the pits .... Yesterday I had a elm branch whip around and smash my jaw which broke a tooth right off at the gum line , and folded me in half and laid me out , hit me so hard I flew to the side about 10ft , I won't take my eyes off those funky dead going in all directions branchs anymore , I didn't think it was was gonna whip around in the chipper like that , and I have a nice little jaw click that OLdirty assured me will go away eventually LOL, showed my wife who is mortified now she says I look like a hillbilly now since the toof was the 3rd one up top I have a nice little hockey smile now , I told her I will just get a flipper fo xmas pictures and such and she just shook her head in discrace ..

And done! Two of three big fat poplars.

We got away with murder today. It was supposed to hot as hell but it was solid overcast all day with a nice breeze. :bowdown: "Thank you God."

The humidity was at about 100%, and it was still filthy out there, but nothing compared to if the sun was out. Back to finish tomorrow.

Beer in... 1:35:00... and counting.

I was basically told that I am offensive and rude and everyone is tired of it , so I just stop by once and while read a few pages and maybe post something about how I got pimp slapped by my chipper seems that everyone here has been kinda serious anymore and the vibe for me isn't to kosher , I must have been mistaken to think this was a thread where it was acceptable to do some ##### talking and such , maybe its more important to discuss tree related issues , maybe that's where the membership went out back to hang themselves outta boredom .... Oh and BTW I thought this section was to be moderated by tree guys not loggers and scented candle makers

Its like a ghost town in here anymore. Where did everyone go?

Been busy doin' stuff. Here was Sunday's project. This was plan B, good thing this one worked so we didn't need to go to plan C.

attachment.php

Had to climb and rig this ####in' ####### down last week. That was straight up retarded. I don't trust poplar when it's alive much less when it's been dead 2+ years. Was able to vsl most of it which made the force a bit less on the rotten, cracked out mother ####er I tied my ####### life onto.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Other than that I tore up an ash today for another company that was all sortsa bent out over the primaries with nada a tie in or rigging point anywhere away from the lines. Did the "fishing pole" trick to keep the tail of my line and the rigging line away from the primaries, hung the tops/wood, and used the GRCS to winch them over to safe dz. The little spike marks up to just above the power lines and the sprout sawed off were the cutest thing. Guess their "climber" couldn't find his "Captain Awesome" suit that day. You know why? 'Cause I was mother ####ing wearing that ####.

One more point I'd like to make. I ####in' hate OSHA and any state/town/village/city/etc. job. I put a sweet mother ####ing gonna cum thinkin about it number on a job for the nearby state college which we got but the cock smokin' hoops these mother ####ers are making my dumb tree climbin' ass hop through are enough to drive me up a ####in' wall. So yeah, it's been a mother ####ing blast and most nights I can't wait to get home to talk to all you godless heathens and tell you how mother ####ing awesome this gig is and how I'm so stupid ####ing mental over the god damn mother ####ing new dildo in the sherrill catalog. Cheers!:D

We slammed 4k worth of cottonwoods yesterday with the crane. I like my crane op. He has a lot of experience (has removed over 1500 trees) and he is always willing to max out his crane which is nice. However he can be a bit cocky and this time a little overzealous. I had him booked for five hours yesterday, we ended up slamming out the trees in 3.5 flat. Chipped and loaded.... very nice. I split the difference and paid him 4 and a quarter.

Anyways the job went completely smooth except for this mishap. Crane op got a little over zealous and pulled before my climber (Kevin) finished the cut. It could have ended badly.

[video=youtube;XBlqc3OVo8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBlqc3OVo8k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

We slammed 4k worth of cottonwoods yesterday with the crane. I like my crane op. He has a lot of experience (has removed over 1500 trees) and he is always willing to max out his crane which is nice. However he can be a bit cocky and this time a little overzealous. I had him booked for five hours yesterday, we ended up slamming out the trees in 3.5 flat. Chipped and loaded.... very nice. I split the difference and paid him 4 and a quarter.

Anyways the job went completely smooth except for this mishap. Crane op got a little over zealous and pulled before my climber (Kevin) finished the cut. It could have ended badly.

[video=youtube;XBlqc3OVo8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBlqc3OVo8k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

1500 trees, awesom control!

Smashed this ash today two cuts and the top was out. This was a job that I got called to do because the landscapers that original started got scared and couldn't finish. It was struck by lightning and the trunk had a big rotten hollow section. The landscaper tried rigging off the tree heard a crack and had enough. Meanwhile 30 feet away lies this big assh just waiting to help me out:cool2: it took longer to set up then to get the tree down. Theses landscapers stuposivly have CAs working for them go figure. Also took down a dead aspen was a little hairy but went well. now im chillin in the AC drinking bloody marys:cheers:

Theses landscapers stuposivly have CAs working for them go figure. Also took down a dead aspen was a little hairy but went well.

a guy that just got hired where I work is a CA and he cant even figure out how to get a log on the log cart... and some how he has become a crew leader. never cut trees other then a few floppers but some how they decided to let him make decisions out on the job site... cant figure out how to land a piece that's getting roped down, pretty much afraid of a chainsaw, doesn't know how to cut crotches to feed a big piece into the chipper. yea it was a fun day working with him today:angry:

Looked like he choked it at the balance point and cut the piece like he was chunking down a spar. Personally I prefer things butt heavy and finish my cut with my body/face out of the way of the load. If you have been doing crane removals for years you can cut at chest hieght but for newbs like this guy stay clear.
I just watched the vid again, dudes is cutting against the lean/tip weight . What a mess.

Last edited:
a guy that just got hired where I work is a CA and he cant even figure out how to get a log on the log cart... and some how he has become a crew leader. never cut trees other then a few floppers but some how they decided to let him make decisions out on the job site... cant figure out how to land a piece that's getting roped down, pretty much afraid of a chainsaw, doesn't know how to cut crotches to feed a big piece into the chipper. yea it was a fun day working with him today:angry:

Im a CA but that doesn't mean I cant climb:tongue2: really though it pisses me off when a CA can't figure out how to take down a tree. He shouldn't be a CA. These guys are newbies with little experience but still they have their certs

Looked like he choked it at the balance point and cut the piece like he was chunking down a spar. Personally I prefer things butt heavy and finish my cut with my body/face out of the way of the load. If you have been doing crane removals for years you can cut at chest hieght but for newbs like this guy stay clear.
I just watched the vid again, dudes is cutting against the lean/tip weight . What a mess.

I agree with Mr. H , needs to be but heavy and higher TIP if possible.

should of cut from left to right not starting at his chest and cutting to back of trunk...didnt look like crane Op was at fault here, just saying..

Im a CA but that doesn't mean I cant climb:tongue2: really though it pisses me off when a CA can't figure out how to take down a tree. He shouldn't be a CA. These guys are newbies with little experience but still they have their certs

Ha Ha!
I know a couple guy's like that.
Jeff

I agree with Mr. H , needs to be but heavy and higher TIP if possible.

should of cut from left to right not starting at his chest and cutting to back of trunk...didnt look like crane Op was at fault here, just saying..

it looked like the op over tensioned trying to get it to break free because it jumped pretty good before it started to roll I think the op got a little excited instead of letting the climber finish the cut...

Latest posts

Back