whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Bigger grinder videos are uploading hopefully i can keep my eyes open i just got like 4 videos done this #### takes forever.

A few pics from a few weeks ago

These were from the first night we went down to Beaverton Ont for storm work, Worked til 130 in the morning taking several trees off houses. Taken with my i-phone, quality isn't the best, the night time pics were of a huge basswood on the house/garage and a medium sized sugar maple wedged between it. 4 pics with the 60 tn terex and it was off without any more damage to the structures. Crane Op was great, first time working with him (mine was camping) Squad143's buddy Mike from Mc tree (Woodville) hooked me up with him.

These were from the first night we went down to Beaverton Ont for storm work, Worked til 130 in the morning taking several trees off houses. Taken with my i-phone, quality isn't the best, the night time pics were of a huge basswood on the house/garage and a medium sized sugar maple wedged between it. 4 pics with the 60 tn terex and it was off without any more damage to the structures. Crane Op was great, first time working with him (mine was camping) Squad143's buddy Mike from Mc tree (Woodville) hooked me up with him.

We ended up cleaning up that job. Did you see the boat on the lift?

Love that crane of Grant's

BTW, the processor in an earlier pic was not Mike's, but a buddy of his. Still awesome.

We ended up cleaning up that job. Did you see the boat on the lift?

Love that crane of Grant's

BTW, the processor in an earlier pic was not Mike's, but a buddy of his. Still awesome.

Ha...... yeah that boat lift was screwed up eh? Sorry you had to clean that up! lol! Insurance only paid us to get the trees off the house, we cleaned the front up a little for the guy. Too bad he had a heart attack that night after we all left. Yeah that processor still looks like quite the machine!

Matt nice vids, just wondering why you didnt choose the remote option for the bandit, i know it's a lot more dollars though, just wondering your thoughts on that...

Non in stock the larger grinder is remote . I would have had to wait to long for the remote version. They want around 5k to make one run on a remote controll. Enless i was buying a new machine i wouldnt get a remote, be leary of the used ones. They had some very costly issues with the early remote controlls for these things. took all of them almost 6 years to get it worked out.

Last edited:
Removed this dead birch today. Everything stayed where it fell. Used the GCRS a good bit. One branch decentigrated when we rope it down. I told my groundy that if he was smoother catching them it wouldnt have happened. I was yelling for him to get the heck outta there, and he out his hands up like he was gonna catch the pieces coming down. I told him i would have dived under the truck or ran. Luckily nothing came close to him.Customer wanted the main trunk to stay with the leaders above to look like fingers or whatever for her faces she had on the tree. The lady (customer) reminds me of the squirrel lady from the movie rat race.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Non in stock the larger grinder is remote . I would have had to wait to long for the remote version. They want around 5k to make one run on a remote controll. Enless i was buying a new machine i wouldnt get a remote, be leary of the used ones. They had some very costly issues with the early remote controlls for these things. took all of them almost 6 years to get it worked out.

Couple of pic's of remote control and steep terrain and a 48" stump.
Jeff

View attachment 249959View attachment 249960View attachment 249961

nice we just got the same machine to, we replaced all of our stumpers. we got 3 bandits very nice so far. that 2900 is a mean mo fo. I have only got to do one stump with it yet so far and am very impressed. If i can get away from typing invoices all night tonight ill get some more videos up. I wanted the green also but settled for the yellow got a better deal on what they had in stock. We do a 3-4 year program on all smaller equipment. Every 3-4 years my accountant takes the most depreciation he can and thats after the extended warranty runs out. Once the warranty is out they usually have made there money back 4 times so we try and keep motors blowing and other stuff bandits problem.

Yeah, 63k is a tough nut to swallow!
Jeff:dizzy:

If you have the stumps its worth it tho. Im not sure how many we take out a year but i know its in the hundreds. I have a guy that is all he does all week, goes around and cleans up the bigger stumps that where gonna take to much time and cost to much money for me to have a full crew standing around while its being done. So instead of outsourcing my stump grinding i basically just made a side business of a fleet of decked out grinders. Our stumps usually keep him pretty busy especially when we are cutting roads sometimes there are 2-300 hundred. But on a residential stump we will do any stump for 200$ or less cleaned up. Its basically a promotional thing to get to know potential clients and let them see how we conduct business. Gives us an opportunity for exposure in different areas. He takes one of the three stumpers and a mini to clean it up. We run a promotion on spraying and where sometimes we will do a free one so the people can see the results. Seems to pay off really well.

We just started doing tree injection through arbojet and for the next few months we are offering ash trees for 50$ a pop to fight the blight. for the same reasons to get to see how our service is conducted and get a chance to impress them with professionalism.

LOL Rope!
Before you swallow that pill, let's all get together!!!
Not Jonestown, but you know!--LOL!
Jeff :msp_w00t:

Move out and help me run my show. i could use a guy like you, I'm gonna get old fast trying to do all of this crap. my knees feel like crap from climbing and my hands are gonna get carpal tunnel from typing all the invoices estimates all day.

We just started doing tree injection through arbojet and for the next few months we are offering ash trees for 50$ a pop to fight the blight. for the same reasons to get to see how our service is conducted and get a chance to impress them with professionalism.

Curious about the arbojet. I am not sold.
Can you let us now what you think down the line?
Jeff

Back