whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure on the eastern side, nuttin but corn and beans, bout this time of year, right before harvest, this place is busy.
This year, not so much. Gotta lot of friends who have been pretty successful farmers, but are taking a BRUTAL beating this year. We did a job a few weeks ago, out on a rural farm, looked around when in the air, looked apocalyptic. Scorched earth type a thing.

Going out today to dump one for our city administrator. Has a locust getting dwarfed buy a monster silver maple, bet the stump on this thing is 20ft in dia, DBH is maybe 7ft. Locust should take about 30-45 min to get on the ground, then back inside! Have never been so ready for winter. You can always add clothing, but you only can take off so much. Think if I was running around butt naked with chaps and a hard hart, someone would get the wrong idea. Heat index over 100 again today :\

The corn has been brown for a while about two months early. I know a bunch of farmers too and they have been cutting corn and leaving strips for the adjusters to see.

For sure on the eastern side, nuttin but corn and beans, bout this time of year, right before harvest, this place is busy.
This year, not so much. Gotta lot of friends who have been pretty successful farmers, but are taking a BRUTAL beating this year. We did a job a few weeks ago, out on a rural farm, looked around when in the air, looked apocalyptic. Scorched earth type a thing.

Going out today to dump one for our city administrator. Has a locust getting dwarfed buy a monster silver maple, bet the stump on this thing is 20ft in dia, DBH is maybe 7ft. Locust should take about 30-45 min to get on the ground, then back inside! Have never been so ready for winter. You can always add clothing, but you only can take off so much. Think if I was running around butt naked with chaps and a hard hart, someone would get the wrong idea. Heat index over 100 again today :\

I really hope for everyone's sake that the heartland has bumper crop next year as the corn belt is the top food producer of the world!

Yeah, its bad, this one guy, is a big show, had the mula to irrigate all his fields. Was talking with him, the lack of good crops has kicked up the prices a bunch and he is set for a record year. Said, that tho he could go buy a bunch of new toys, instead he is making the annual payments for a bunch of his neighbors, pretty freaking cool of him to do that. But that's how they roll.

So I accepted the offer, for the new job, on Tuesday, waiting on the contract now. Gotta do a whiz quiz and pass a criminal background, figure out the logistics and I am gone. Posted it on Facebook, so the word is out around town and the rumor mill is in full swing, got hackers driving by my house (as I was typing this,well known hacker from the "pickers" little town is creeping by,lol, wtf!) dudes calling me for my client list, asking about my company name and website and all that jazz. Talk about vultures! They get pissed when I tell them that I am not doing any of that. Don't know if I had said this before, had a 400lb dude come buy and try and make a offer on my bucket truck. Yeah right! Climb much?,lol
Keeping the LLC open and the website up, keeping the number and the client list will only go to one other guy, if he wants to pay for it.
Had a long time friend/client stop by yesterday and tell me that a hacker has already approached him, came to his private residence and told him that I "was out" and that he would be taking over my accounts! Idiot didn't realize that not only is this guy my client, he is also a long time friend (just was smart and went to college, made it big) My bud tells him "only hackers go door to door and I know there is no way Scott would give you, of all people, any damn thing" HAHA! Pissed the hacker guy off to the point he told my bud too F off. My bud says "I'll pass the word" LOL.
This place is too freaking funny.

The only thing that worries me is the earthquakes, they just had a bunch of mini's the other day, would be my luck, sell the trucks and equip, then move out there and the "big one" hits! Jeff, Beasty and Mike, did u guys feel any of those?

Last edited:
Lol yeah i have seen lots of jobs out there in weirdafornia but I'm afraid I would end up one of them if I went :hmm3grin2orange:

Sgrean hang on to your roots bro lol :cheers:

Last edited:
Taking today off from dealing with my latest batch of unemployable retards. I'm working on setting the weekend up with some real help. The one actually seems to be trying, but it's just not enough to counter the aggravation. It's all good though. Welcome to the tree service baby!! hahaha.

Oh God.. I feel like my soul is a hundred centuries old. Times like this I almost feel like climbing up a tree somewhere (away from anyone) and pruning it for free. Strange days indeed.

You get in a bind you let me know maybe I can come over and show you how fat old government employees do it.

Taking today off from dealing with my latest batch of unemployable retards. I'm working on setting the weekend up with some real help. The one actually seems to be trying, but it's just not enough to counter the aggravation. It's all good though. Welcome to the tree service baby!! hahaha.

Oh God.. I feel like my soul is a hundred centuries old. Times like this I almost feel like climbing up a tree somewhere (away from anyone) and pruning it for free. Strange days indeed.

Hmmm, so your saying your lacking in leadership qualities :poke:

Some drunk bastard stole my helmet right off my bike in the bar parking lot around 3am , if you see anyone posting pics from north wildwood nj with ah red half shell metallic helmet on Facebook or anywhere else there's a crisp 5 dollar bill in it for ya if ya forward me the pics LOL, cause I don't want it back cause I am sure it got KUTTIES now ! But on a serious note if the thief reads this THANKS JAG OFF I WAS NEARLY STRANDED THERE luckily I found a cardboard box out back that fit me head LOL

Last edited:
Some drunk bastard stole my helmet right off my bike in the bar parking lot around 3am , if you see anyone posting pics from north wildwood nj with ah red half shell metallic helmet on Facebook or anywhere else there's a crisp 5 dollar bill in it for ya if ya forward me the pics LOL, cause I don't want it back cause I am sure it got KUTTIES now ! But on a serious note if the thief reads this THANKS JAG OFF I WAS NEARLY STRANDED THERE luckily I found a cardboard box out back that fit me head LOL

I think I saw a guy with your helmet but he took it off before I could get a picture.

suspected helmet thief

Dead wooded two oaks and removed some storm damage from two sweet gums. Ran two porta wraps and tied off to each end of the branch that was hungup between the two sweet gums. One cut and lowered the whole branch down horizontal to the ground. Wish i had a go pro so i could bore you all with a video. :hmm3grin2orange:

The only thing that worries me is the earthquakes, they just had a bunch of mini's the other day, would be my luck, sell the trucks and equip, then move out there and the "big one" hits! Jeff, Beasty and Mike, did u guys feel any of those?

Nah, don't worry about those quake's. I would be nervous if I was downtown tho, too many big building's.
Jeff:msp_smile:

Which one had it the hotdog or the hamburger ?

I would make totally uneducated guess and say that you can not consider the current seating arrangement and that the sissy on the back is the catcher and the other is the pitcher.

We were doing a removal on the parking today on a low traffic street. With the bucket and chipper truck set up there was hardly any room for traffic to go by. I put four cones up at both ends of the street and spaced them where no one could get by, I thought. You would think people would get the point. They would still squeez by! I can see if they lived on the block but these people drove through the other end and kept going. I wanted to rip them out and kick them in the ----ing face! I feel a little better now!

Spent a glorious day grinding stumps with a 2450 Bandit... first job took me almost 6 hrs, second 2.5 hrs, and the final one took about 45 min. Boy did I miss running that beautiful RG100... but 70K is a lot of money to blow on a grinder :cry:

Lol yeah i have seen lots of jobs out there in weirdafornia but I'm afraid I would end up one of them if I went :hmm3grin2orange:

Sgrean hang on to your roots bro lol :cheers:

LOL, I wont, thats what got me the job!

Blasted thru that job, was done by 1130, he gave me a extra hundy for the quick turn around, cool beans!

Bought 4 more paint ball guns, this shyat is gunna be fun! Saved all my cammies from back in the day. Going out in the woods to gather material to make gillie suits with my youngest. Just got word that from our Judo coach at Miletich that he is up for his 2nd degree Brown Belt. One more and he will have his Black (thats a couple years away tho.) He already has us hooked up with a good school in SD. So it will be a good day.

Last edited:
Sitting at woman and baby's with my wife. She woke up this morning with really bad stomach pain. Hope she's not in labor cause she not due for another 8 weeks. At least this place gets you right in no wait unlike the local er.

Sitting at woman and baby's with my wife. She woke up this morning with really bad stomach pain. Hope she's not in labor cause she not due for another 8 weeks. At least this place gets you right in no wait unlike the local er.

Think happy thoughts brother! My wife got rear ended when she was 8 months pregnant, spent 2 weeks in the hospital, then my little girl was still a week late! She starts kindergarten wednesday.

We were doing a removal on the parking today on a low traffic street. With the bucket and chipper truck set up there was hardly any room for traffic to go by. I put four cones up at both ends of the street and spaced them where no one could get by, I thought. You would think people would get the point. They would still squeez by! I can see if they lived on the block but these people drove through the other end and kept going. I wanted to rip them out and kick them in the ----ing face! I feel a little better now!

aint that the story of my life.... we shut down roads on a daily basis for our one village contract, now I leave little pieces of wood scattered in the road on either side of our set up nothing to big, you don't want them to be able to see them to easily, but big enough to allow the car to go airborne a bit. Some of them get pissed off and want to fight after they hit umm but when one of our guys announces " I'm a pro MMA fighter, and I will kick your ass" they generally they change there tune haha

Time to relax

Got the smoker going 4 racks of ribs and a right underneath a big thing of baked beans... some apple wood and oak going to work. It seems to make them taste even better knowing the wood for the smoker comes from tree work.

ribsy.jpg

Latest posts

Back