whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doosh bags at scottrade screwed me over, and so I will not have my truck/chipper until next week..would like to put that little deskroach at the local office through it tie first..little **** is costing me man hours and money. So yes, I have spent pretty much all day messing around with pencil jockeys instead of whacking trees and making money...maybe I will go climb the little sob with the spurs and a piece of kelvlar...

I hate banks.

Tomorrow, just to make myself feel better and maybe keep some of my banktardicidal urges under control, I will go buy myself a new pole pruner..I am doing alot of residential pruning, just to lift the skirts a bit, and most of it from the ground...need to be a little quicker per tree than the pole saw..couple of jobs over the last week or so it would have saved me a few hours.

stupid desk wonks...bet I could turn his BMW wrong side out with my 12 k Warn...:bang:

big alligator wandered into the job site today and we had to run for cover

YouTube - ‪004‬‏

uh huh, I don't have to have imaginary friends at the job vet:)

093.jpg

Last edited:
Working bee at ma target rifle club the avo workig bee at a native critter shelter as they help care for critters I find at work or need help. I offerd to chip the large pile of tree limb feed waste
Sorted my purchase of ma Ruger no1V 223 with a kepp single set trigger oh goodie can't wait
The 13yold son got to use arc welder 1st time wrote his name very happy with his 1st try skills

Last edited:
We got a little action out of the storm, not much tho. Lots of closet tree guys come out to play. Had a massive oak go down on a house, hacks come, just start cutting were ever on the tree, tree rolls, causes more damage! Then they bailed, no one even hired them! They just showed up and started working! Wish I could have seen it.
Local news sees me on another while giving a bid and wants an interview about the issue, so I took the opp to put them on blast. It was edited of course, they probably couldn't use all that I said!

Storm Damage: Beware Of Tree Service Scammers - KWQC-TV6 News and Weather For The Quad Cities -

We got a little action out of the storm, not much tho. Lots of closet tree guys come out to play. Had a massive oak go down on a house, hacks come, just start cutting were ever on the tree, tree rolls, causes more damage! Then they bailed, no one even hired them! They just showed up and started working! Wish I could have seen it.
Local news sees me on another while giving a bid and wants an interview about the issue, so I took the opp to put them on blast. It was edited of course, they probably couldn't use all that I said!

Storm Damage: Beware Of Tree Service Scammers - KWQC-TV6 News and Weather For The Quad Cities -

Good work! :cheers:

In the end it was the versatility of the Steiner that won me over, it may not be the best stump grinder ~ but it will go anywhere. It may not be the best loader ~ but it can do it, and I can transport it on a landscape trailer. It may not be the best pulling tractor ~ but it won't damage the turf doing it.

let me see if I understand???? its a versatile machine that by your admittance is not very good at anything & you paid 20grand for it!! holy jumpin mariah..........!

well atleast you`ll be able to ride anywhere in those ritzy neighborhoods.................I`ll just be doing the treework!! LOL

LXT...............

Just got back from Big-O Tire's. Had to replace all four. He remembered me from Dec. 09. A year and a half ago I bought these tires and now they have worn down to slicks. I mentioned how quick they got worn and he said because I put over 61 thousand miles on them in that time. This time I paid the $25 for nitrogen instead of air. Seemed like a good thing. BTW, I didn't pay a thing, it is a company truck so I did not mean the money came out of me.
Jeff

Laura just picked up our new shirts. Along with the usual t shirts and sweatshirts we got a few of these. I like 'em quite a bit.

attachment.php

And she had one of these made for my nephew due in a couple months. I thought it was pretty cool.

attachment.php

Did Rick use it for stump grinding? Did he put the duelies kit on it? Adding four more wheels to it makes it almost two feet wider, but barely bends the grass going over turf.

Yes I spent a lot of agonizing Google Fu on determining what device would best suit my needs. The agony was the cost of the thing, they are not cheap, even used.

In the end it was the versatility of the Steiner that won me over, it may not be the best stump grinder ~ but it will go anywhere. It may not be the best loader ~ but it can do it, and I can transport it on a landscape trailer. It may not be the best pulling tractor ~ but it won't damage the turf doing it.

I bought a one ton capacity 4 wheel wagon with hi floatation aircraft tires to pull behind it. With that and the scoop I can haul a whole tree out of anywhere.

No, Rick used it for cleanups and fill dirt only. He had a smaller grinder and after he upgraded to the larger Carlton tracked unit and tackled bigger and bigger stumps switched up to the Multitrac Articulated Loader. Before Rick I had my buddy Brian grinding stumps with the wheeled Carlton unit and he put the extra tires on it for stability and less ground pressure which is what you will have with your Steiner. Ya gotta post some pics of your setup on the job!

Watered and fertilized my garden, ate Chinese buffet for lunch, napped the better part of the aft, made a greek pasta salad for a Church picnic I a going to tomorrow, and now am downtown enjoying a late spring night while drinking a coffee at The Second Cup and using their net access. Might sample a few brew at The Sherlock Holmes later though Lord knows had enough last night watching the Canucks whip the boys from Beantown!

let me see if I understand???? its a versatile machine that by your admittance is not very good at anything & you paid 20grand for it!! holy jumpin mariah...

No "LXT" you don't understand anything about it. Do you think by putting your words in my mouth it makes them true?

I only admit that I have not personally tried it for any of the uses I intend to use it for. The video of the stump grinder attachment was pretty convincing that it was, as I said, adequate for my needs. It doesn't have to be the biggest, badist, or fastest. It just needs to get the job done.

well atleast you`ll be able to ride anywhere in those ritzy neighborhoods... I`ll just be doing the treework!! LOLLXT...

It was your whining about turf damage that first reveled your ignorance about Steiner products. Essentially they are top of the line slope mowers, designed to go anywhere and do anything. Without damaging turf while they do it.

As it happens I have a very big job in one of those "ritzy" areas in a couple of weeks. Very big wood and all inaccessible without damaging expensive landscaping and lawns. That Steiner will pull it all out on the one ton wagon. What else would?

Since I'm still climbing I'll let my wife replace three men by driving that "mower", hauling logs and slash for the chipper, after that I'll use it to grind the stumps and remove all the debris from that process with the slip scoop. I might even pop for the FEL to put the tree in the truck.

Fotos and Film coming soon ...

No, Rick used it for cleanups and fill dirt only... he put the extra tires on it for stability and less ground pressure which is what you will have with your Steiner. Ya gotta post some pics of your setup on the job!

That will be the Steiner's primary role, hauling brush to the chipper and moving logs to the truck. Adding stump grinding to my bag of tricks will get me more work in the upscale neighborhoods (my target market) because they all want the stumps gone regardless of the cost.

I booked a $6000 job today that required that the stumps be ground out. It takes my business to a new level. On the way home I stopped a a recent job where I left their trees flush cut and sold them on $600 for three stumps.

Did a little prune job today. Half day of work. Finished just as it started raining. Love it when it works out like that.

I'm slowing down a little here in Alabama but still working a lot more than I did in Tulsa. As long as I'm working here I can't see myself going home and sitting around not making much money.

Time to put my game face on this week and sell, sell, sell. Gonna do a little guerrilla marketing. ;)

How are you going to load the logs? I bought a vermeer s600tx this winter with branch manager grapple and love it. The worst part of a removal is loading the logs, I think. My mini drags brush and loads logs and does little damage to the turf. It is my new best friend! It was 7500. That would leave you plenty for a wheeled stumper.

I sold a nice job last night from the internet and my new website! Removing 14 and trimming 13 trees, That will keep me busy for three days.

Storm clean up.

Was payed in pizza , apple cider and wild turkey.

Ran 6 tanks trough my brand spanking new MS261

Need to sharpen three chains and clean my saws.... in the morning, burp

Need a new chain catcher and In dropped a branch on my back up saw after the 261 got caught in a tree snagged hanging from the fork in another tree.

My back up was four meters away and the rear handle got smashed by the last six inches of the branch.....Doh

Latest posts

Back