whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still visiting friends in Wilmington, DE.....they have headed into Philly for the "100 Question" on US Civics and History to enable them to get their US citizenship....about time after 25 years of living and paying taxes here with no vote IMHO(both work for Boeing in PA). Something mainly to do with estate taxes finally pushed them into action;all their kids were born in the USA, but they are both Canuck, and he is also Brit.

Took out the three in the middle of the pic this morning. Happy HO, left it cleaner than when we showed up as always. Today was a good day, no hack ***t the weather was a beautiful 57 and the trunks were d bleeding water like it was June.

View attachment 220941

Last edited:
Today i had the joy of following a bunch of surveyors around and cutting trees that were in thier LOS(line of sight) Did not wear enough and froze my butt off:msp_mad:To add to it i more than likely sucked about 300 cubic feet of snow into the intake of my MS 362 since i spent half the day swimming throught the 3 feet of snow we have.:mad2: so i spent the later part of my day drying and cleaning my saw along with myself lol.

Since I had classes yesterday I did not go to the WAA convention in GB, everyone else did so I'm playing with the dogs on this beautiful sloppy 55 degree afternoon.

We are starting to plan our garden for the spring, in case we get to put a few plants in early ( one year we had a blizzard on 10 May) but we never trust it. Anyone have ideas for good saucing tomatoes? My Mom loved roma's for the firm pulpiness, though she cannot remeber what cvs she mixed in. I'm thinking an indeterminate cv so we do not have the whole crop all at once. I'll be trying some heirloom cvs, though we have a lot of walnuts and the first year non did well. Last year we had some test egplants do very well.

Since I had classes yesterday I did not go to the WAA convention in GB, everyone else did so I'm playing with the dogs on this beautiful sloppy 55 degree afternoon.

We are starting to plan our garden for the spring, in case we get to put a few plants in early ( one year we had a blizzard on 10 May) but we never trust it. Anyone have ideas for good saucing tomatoes? My Mom loved roma's for the firm pulpiness, though she cannot remeber what cvs she mixed in. I'm thinking an indeterminate cv so we do not have the whole crop all at once. I'll be trying some heirloom cvs, though we have a lot of walnuts and the first year non did well. Last year we had some test egplants do very well.

Weeping Charley is supposed to be a great indeterminate paste variety, but I can't confirm it because I'm horrible at starting tomatoes.....(heat mat and extra light next time I try)

You can check out Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds - 1400 heirloom garden seeds!, I've bought lots of seeds from them, and always been happy. They've got descriptions for tons of tomatoes I'd never heard of til I found them.

Sorry for the dumb question, but what does "cv, cvs" stand for?

carb?
Looks like I will be heading your way a little sooner than we thought. We are looking to next summer, when the last one gets outa school for the summer, looking to live between Pendelton and SD, some where close to the 101. If I find a place, could you maybe do a driveby to tell me if it is legit or not. Coming out this summer for a week to scope things, check the schools and so on. Think we will be OK with the schools, not to worried anymore, he will be in 10th grade and will have his Black Belt by then.

I'm jealous as hell of you for making the move! Been to Ca. a couple times and rode Baja both times, drove up and down the coast. Motocross meca, my dream land.
Maybe Ed can scope out a few places for you:laugh:

Finished up my year end financials today and sent them off. Gross income up 44.7% from last year. Not bad at all. But of course as I'm wiping my hands of that whole deal with a few beers this evening I get a email from my accountant with a bunch more questions. Boy, do I JUST ####ING LOVE THIS ####!

Nice! Any before pics? What kind of paint and process are you using? Got a 250xp that needs paint badly.

Im taking before pics in the morning. We are grinding the rust down the best we can then scuffing the rest. The paint is a tractor and implement paint it will stick to anything. Im buying it at TSC.

Today i had the joy of following a bunch of surveyors around and cutting trees that were in thier LOS(line of sight) Did not wear enough and froze my butt off:msp_mad:To add to it i more than likely sucked about 300 cubic feet of snow into the intake of my MS 362 since i spent half the day swimming throught the 3 feet of snow we have.:mad2: so i spent the later part of my day drying and cleaning my saw along with myself lol.

That sucks, was 7 degrees here today! Snow melted off all my equipment, got the trailer ready to head down to Pa Thursday morning for my new grinder!

Well, I didn't have an ocean side view but I was working on a peninsula on one of our large lakes today with a lakeside view... It was 81 degrees when I got in the truck to leave.

I made the news looking for the guy that was kayaking. I am driving the boat.
[video]http://www.fox43.com/videogallery/67735442/News/1/30-missing-kayaker-update[/video]

At least you weren't the guy complaining about the cold. It didn't look that bad out to me, you didn't even have hat on.
At what part of the river did they do down? I don't recall to many rough spots on it in that area and am trying to imagine what could have happened. I could see a solo boater having problems but I have been through a good amount of running water, sometimes solo, with two guys someone at least should know what happened.
Did they find the guy's boat? By now he's probably dead... or squealing like a pig. Not to sound crass but like I said: Two guys go in, one comes out ???? :msp_confused:
That is really not a river a person could have a whole lot of problems on, unless they were doing a storm run, then, well, you better be a real good paddler and even a better swimmer. Maybe the guy took a dunk by a bridge pilon, got sucked down and stuck in a shopping cart? Playing around a dam?
Good effort on your part.:msp_thumbup:How did you hook up with the gig?

Latest posts

Back