whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to bed, heading to Pocono Lake PA in 6 hours (0400) to pick up a stump grinder!:redface: Might meet up with Blakesmaster on the way back home in NY

I gotta little Norway maple to Murph out on this morning but should be around most of the afternoon. Shoot me a text, got some tasty brews in the fridge.

I don't kiss ass, I kick ass ...

That Angie List Super Service Award is based on how much ass a guy can kiss and that's all and I ain't never even been close to even looking at Angie or her stupid ass list. Why the #### would I? Why the #### would anybody? Don't answer, its rhetorical.

Angie's List is worthwhile only if you can maintain customer satisfaction at a consistantly high level. One unhappy customer can trash your reputation. I would say that the A-List provides 70~80% of my business at this point. I'm a very small operation and I don't even try other forms of advertising, I don't need to.

It takes time and effort to build a list of satisfied customers but once you do it really helps to attract new business. The A-List tells me that they have 40,000 members in the Pittsburgh market and when any of those members need tree service I come up at the top of the list. This Winter, for the first time, I've been busy and working the whole time.d out

Angie's List members pay a monthly fee to be able to read reviews of any type of contractor they might hire. Universally the members tell me that the contractors they have hired through the A-List have met or exceeded their expectations. The scammers and fly-by-nights are quickly filtered out by the members and they find that worth the money. When I show up for an evaluation the customer has already read my reviews and that gives me credibility from the get go.

I honestly don't think many of you could do well if your customers could read what your other customers think of you.

Going to bed, heading to Pocono Lake PA in 6 hours (0400) to pick up a stump grinder!:redface: Might meet up with Blakesmaster on the way back home in NY

You're only an hour and half from me, stop on down I got some deer bologna and dogfish brews:cheers:

Angie's List is worthwhile only if you can maintain customer satisfaction at a consistantly high level. One unhappy customer can trash your reputation. I would say that the A-List provides 70~80% of my business at this point. I'm a very small operation and I don't even try other forms of advertising, I don't need to.

It takes time and effort to build a list of satisfied customers but once you do it really helps to attract new business. The A-List tells me that they have 40,000 members in the Pittsburgh market and when any of those members need tree service I come up at the top of the list. This Winter, for the first time, I've been busy and working the whole time.d out

Angie's List members pay a monthly fee to be able to read reviews of any type of contractor they might hire. Universally the members tell me that the contractors they have hired through the A-List have met or exceeded their expectations. The scammers and fly-by-nights are quickly filtered out by the members and they find that worth the money. When I show up for an evaluation the customer has already read my reviews and that gives me credibility from the get go.

I honestly don't think many of you could do well if your customers could read what your other customers think of you.

Angies list is for douchebag hacks! A real tree service doesn't need to advertise on some gay list to get customers. If your as good as you think then you should be getting your business mostly from referrals.

You may get your wish ...

No more angies list bull **** and price quoting. I want to see cousin lee hit a trailer or that stiener moving some kindling, every tool has it's place.

The job I've booked for tomorrow should provide some good video. I plan on dropping a tree for them that I bid $1200 to trim the dead out, or $1000 just to drop. They elected to have me drop it. All the wood stays, so I don't need to truck it out. The other half of the job is a big Oak trim and taking down two small Pines. I'll do that over the weekend.

Cousin Lee will be driving the tractor so who knows?

Angies list is for douchebag hacks! A real tree service doesn't need to advertise on some gay list to get customers. If your as good as you think then you should be getting your business mostly from referrals.

Watch it, he's pretty quick with that Snitcher button these days. As far as Angies List, I get some business from there but don't put much weight in an uninformed HO's view of my work, especially if I'm giving them discounts in order to review me. It'd be like giving my niece a piece of candy and asking her who her favorite uncle is right after.

Douchebags don't last long ...

"Douchebag hacks" don't last very long on the A-List, which is why most of you would not benefit from being involved in it. Often my A-List customers give me referrals to family and friends who are not members. Tuesday was one of those. The customers that Matt helped me out by bringing his chipper referred me to a sister who hired me to trim two Oaks for them. They were also thrilled with my work and gave me another referral so in that case one job well done resulted in two more.

Pruning 2 big white oaks today and tomorrow, going to be 51 and sunny, what a trip, this weather. I seen on the long term forecast that we are supposed to have a real nasty Feb and March. Hope not, ready for spring, ready to make some damn money! Yards seem to be drying up a bit.

Watch it, he's pretty quick with that Snitcher button these days. As far as Angies List, I get some business from there but don't put much weight in an uninformed HO's view of my work, especially if I'm giving them discounts in order to review me. It'd be like giving my niece a piece of candy and asking her who her favorite uncle is right after.

whatever works for you blakes:cheers: everytime I hear about that ##### I think of some uptight wench who needs to get smack with my meat stick:msp_ohmy:

The fact that tree MDS is banned (permanently I hope) shows that the system works. I will report any egregious violations of the posting guidelines whenever I can so that this site can flush the turds out of here.

I do offer a 20% discount (up to $200) for Angie's List customers as many contractors do. The one thing no contractor can not do is control just how the customer reviews their work, or the experience of having the crew on their property. My experience with many of you tells me that you are not very pleasant to deal with, so most of you would get flushed from the A-List faster than you will get flushed out of here.

Rain this morning so I went out on evaluations today. Booked a $2k job for this Friday on my first stop, and left $3400 in quotes at two other evaluations. This is pretty good for this time of year, and my A-List "Honor Roll" ad hasn't even gone out yet.

For the second year in a row I've been given the A-List "Super Service Award" (2010 & 2011) so this will help a lot with instant credibility for my customers. Today for example I bagged a $2k job unopposed. They don't even bother to get other bids. All I have to do now is live up to my reputation and exceed my customers expectations.

Isnt it true that if AL has a bad review of a company they contact that company and see what can be done to make the reviewer happy?

I'm sure you make a great impression with that attitude. Macho d i c k waving usually doesn't cut it with customers.

yeah it's called a sense of humor. Relax AA! you have no idea how I treat my customers nor do you know anything about me. Keep flushing those turds cause your full of em.

I finally have some work that we are able to get to. Removing a fair sized ash on Saturday and a cork screw willow tomorrow. Prolly the biggest cork screw I have ever seen. Which doesnt make it all that big but its still the better part of a day. And get this....the willow is surrounded by GRAVEL!! WWHHOO HHOO!!!! And the phone has started ring alittle also! I only bid the willow yesterday, gravel is a line jumping asset around here. Off to the gym this morning and then two estimates in the afternoon.

I get most of my work from referrals, never put much $ into advertising. Some how years ago someone put a review of my company on Alist. I never asked to be there and I've been on there ever since. Over the the last several years about every other week I get a call or letter from them saying you've qualified for the super service award - for just $this amount we'll place your name yada yada... I tell them no thanks but keep my name in there and the calls comin, thanks and have a great day. Its a scam but free advertising for me so what the hey..

Got 2 trim jobs today, just finished up a two day trim job yesterday - all climbing and I am SORE! Winter is so bad for the body..

This is kind of a switch for me. Lady emailed with an oak she wanted me to look at. I emailed back that I couldn't come out until early next we but I'd be happy to give her an estimate. She emailed back:
"I will tell you that most of the quotes I've gotten required the use of a crane so if you don't have one you may as well not make a trip."

Normally it's people that have a crane quote and don't want to pay the money so they're sure I can do it without a crane. I have enough work waiting for me when I start back up but if she still wants a quote I'd like to see the tree in person. I looked on Bing maps but I can't get a good feel for the height. Just looks like a typical Cleveland giant oak tree.
Phil

I get most of my work from referrals, never put much $ into advertising. Some how years ago someone put a review of my company on Alist. I never asked to be there and I've been on there ever since. Over the the last several years about every other week I get a call or letter from them saying you've qualified for the super service award - for just $this amount we'll place your name yada yada... I tell them no thanks but keep my name in there and the calls comin, thanks and have a great day. Its a scam but free advertising for me so what the hey..

Got 2 trim jobs today, just finished up a two day trim job yesterday - all climbing and I am SORE! Winter is so bad for the body..

Yeah it seems all my body's aches and pains come during the winter. Just had surgery for a hernia yesterday and am all drugged up on perks and coffee. Gonna be out of comission for a month, I know i'll be ripping my hair out by then. Just got to remember No Lifting! No Lifting! Its hard not to, can't even load the wood stove.

Isnt it true that if AL has a bad review of a company they contact that company and see what can be done to make the reviewer happy?

Well that has never happened to me so I wouldn't know. I don't doubt that they would do that if a customer complained directly to them. I don't think they actually read the reviews unless they get flagged in some way.

Kinda like reporting a poster to the mods for not abiding to the posting guidelines they agreed to when they joined. I've been guilty of that in the past, and I am going to take them more seriously in the future. Something I recommend to all who post here.

The fact that tree MDS is banned (permanently I hope) shows that the system works. I will report any egregious violations of the posting guidelines whenever I can so that this site can flush the turds out of here.

I do offer a 20% discount (up to $200) for Angie's List customers as many contractors do. The one thing no contractor can not do is control just how the customer reviews their work, or the experience of having the crew on their property. My experience with many of you tells me that you are not very pleasant to deal with, so most of you would get flushed from the A-List faster than you will get flushed out of here.

The fact that you are still here shows that the system is broken... they continue to address the symptoms and not the cause... The fact that you mention that you wish MDS ban is permanent shows that you have no interest in using this site for what its intent is, to gain and or impart knowledge of tree work. Because though MDS could be septic at times he does have vast knowledge that he was willing to share. I believe you are quite willing to share you just lack any actual usable knowledge.

Your intentional inflammatory posts are truly the bigger problem, I honestly think that the statement you made earlier about paying a subscription to be a member and contribute to the this forum is seeded in the fact that you must be already donating money to hang around. I see no other reason for them to allow the most inflammatory person here to stay. Just remember money may buy you the right to exist in here but it will never buy respect... no matter how many fake customer AL reviews you give yourself.

Good luck like FTA I am done conversing with you.

You can see all your reviews on your "company connect". Page you can respond to the review and/or contact the customer if you like.

I figured a question about Angies list might be the first topic that mr asinine would be able to contribute some useful information about...

Latest posts

Back