whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is something I just figured out:#

I have been playing with my vids and uploading them to YouTube (really easy with the iPad). What I didn't know is that it stores every still clip in my photos.

I just found this out when I pressed the little button on the lock screen to see what it would do. I was pleasantly surprised to find a slide show of many, many HD stills in my photo album! Very cool!

This is one of the primary reasons I bought an iPad, so I could work with raw footage from my camera which records in QuickTime format. All I have to do is connect it with the camera connection kit and it downloads the raw footage. Now all I have to figure out is how to more easily organize and manipulate the footage and still clips. I am doing a workshop at my local Apple store this next week to learn how to work with iMovie so hopefully that will help.

This is going to make it much easier for me to add content to my website, tag it and optimize it for SEO...

4ce512fe.jpg

Damn thats pretty cool md! Does the ipad have one of those mini memory card inslots or can it take a regular one? I got to get an adapter for mine to take a regular sized card. Have you tried your square swiper yet?

I think there is a way to use a regular card but I haven't studied on it much yet. I know you can sync it to your computer or phone and transfer files but I haven't done that yet either. You can even log into your computer remotely with the iPad but I have yet to be able to get that to work. I've got all kinds of security crap on my desktop PC that I would probably have to undo to be able to get it to work.

On the card swiper, yes I have been able to get it to work but only through the test program with my own card. I haven't processed any payments with it yet.

He's getting it, but looks like it will take him awhile....

He's improved by leaps and bounds over the past couple of weeks. He is much more agile and confident in his climbing now. He is a natural climber, he just needs to get used to relying on the gear which is new to him... We need to work on chainsaw skills on the ground before I turn him loose up in the tree with one...

Lol i was thinking about running one of my cards for a test run,

No need to run your card and charge it. You should have gotten an email from them with a link to download the app for the reader... If you install that and follow the prompt it will take you through a test run with your own card to make sure it is working without charging your card...

He's improved by leaps and bounds over the past couple of weeks. He is much more agile and confident in his climbing now. He is a natural climber, he just needs to get used to relying on the gear which is new to him... We need to work on chainsaw skills on the ground before I turn him loose up in the tree with one...

md, good to here, and ground skills are a must before the climbing, hope he works out for you

it must be rigged and was inspected by an arborist who proclaims it is uprooting. Im pretty confident i can climb and rig it just wanted some other opinion.

I wouldn't scoff at it until I had at least seen, got it down and paid but it looks like you could run a guy line to support the tree then go up there and have at it well enough. 2 men 2hours on the ground looks doable on that... but don't charge it like that! 2 hours in the tree is actually a half day of work... a full day for some.

As far as it uprooting? I would say HELL YES! Are you blind!!!???

bootboy,Since there is no dislike Icon,
Guess I am a dumb a$$,to have spent so much time learning a skilled trade,tree preservation,tree restoration,tree removal, tree instalation. early care, structure, soil science, tree anatomy, tree phsiology, 17 elements required for life in trees,macro and micro nutients derived from these,I know you are second generation, at least, so you learned a lot from your dad (rip). From "sticky cotton wood sit" to being this cocky in a month or so is a little slap in the face, every one here makes there beans and tortillas from tree care,attitudes like that get people killed,I tried not to be to criticle because of the loss of your dad, some of your TIP and lanyard and rigging points were dangerous, when you cut your new line it could have been costing us tax payers to put you up the rest of your life, and don't tell me you have paid in enough to balance that out,what happens God forbid when you bomb your brother or cousin, instead of your tote,more ss disability,and God forebid that they have dependents,I see you play hard and are young but stay teachable these guys will take time out to teach you, google tree related deaths,OSHA, ANSI, injurys and fatalities on this site, tree risk and assesment, basil rot, fruity conks,canker,core testing,codominate stems, included bark,white rot verses brown rot, high angled branch attachment, reaction wood, bending moment,what is P.R.E.P., some one on here said there are old tree men and there are bold tree men but there are never old bold tree men.
Paul

"cut tree down, haul away, collect money, repeat"....think he may be referring to all that his attacker does and knows...the infamous oldirtysmellyvag.

PS. A normal human being might just be a little reticent to attack a fellow whose father just died a week ago. No?

You seem to know a LITTLE about tree care evidenced by your 1 paragraph of what you know (maybe just a little melo dramatic). You a Certified Arb?

Think I'm gonna go check out a lake I've had my eye on this winter and walk around it a couple times with a spinnerbait. Weather went from 80's this week to 50's and rain so expectations aren't too high but hopefully I hook into a pre spawner. Gotta run up to walmart and get a license though first - don't need no trouble from the law..

awwww, whattsamatta sleevy?

you suddenly got feelings?

i'll make a bet with you sleevy. my 1 week earnings vs your 1 week earnings. the bet will be if i pass the next cert arb test without anything more than a cursory glance at the study guide.

you seem to think that the CA is important, so put your money where your mouth is.

CA is the biggest LOL going in the industry and you act as if it is the end all be all... you know why i LOL heartily at the ca, ctsp, trace, and all the other joke letters? because all the guys who make sure to have those creds cannot do the actual work. thats why.

so what do you say wizzy?

your money vs mine.

ya dink.

"cut tree down, haul away, collect money, repeat"....think he may be referring to all that his attacker does and knows...the infamous oldirtysmellyvag.

PS. A normal human being might just be a little reticent to attack a fellow whose father just died a week ago. No?

You seem to know a LITTLE about tree care evidenced by your 1 paaragraph of what you know (maybe just a little melo dramatic). You a Certified Arb?
and I am sure you bought that crane to better improve your pruning and spray services and you know all the non removal aspects of tree work , I was trying to remember who it was that was ooober excited to see eaB come and wipe all the trees out ....

Here is something I just figured out:#

I have been playing with my vids and uploading them to YouTube (really easy with the iPad). What I didn't know is that it stores every still clip in my photos.

I just found this out when I pressed the little button on the lock screen to see what it would do. I was pleasantly surprised to find a slide show of many, many HD stills in my photo album! Very cool!

This is one of the primary reasons I bought an iPad, so I could work with raw footage from my camera which records in QuickTime format. All I have to do is connect it with the camera connection kit and it downloads the raw footage. Now all I have to figure out is how to more easily organize and manipulate the footage and still clips. I am doing a workshop at my local Apple store this next week to learn how to work with iMovie so hopefully that will help.

This is going to make it much easier for me to add content to my website, tag it and optimize it for SEO...

Does that eat up a bunch of memory saving all of those as stills too? We have a couple ipads in the house, I haven't really played with them, I can turn one on and that's about it. Still working on figuring out my smart fone:msp_confused:

awwww, whattsamatta sleevy?

you suddenly got feelings?

i'll make a bet with you sleevy. my 1 week earnings vs your 1 week earnings. the bet will be if i pass the next cert arb test without anything more than a cursory glance at the study guide.

you seem to think that the CA is important, so put your money where your mouth is.

CA is the biggest LOL going in the industry and you act as if it is the end all be all... you know why i LOL heartily at the ca, ctsp, trace, and all the other joke letters? because all the guys who make sure to have those creds cannot do the actual work. thats why.

so what do you say wizzy?

your money vs mine.

ya dink.

CA is just basic knowledge ODSV, you're pretty dumb but even you with cramming and straining might luck out and pass it. The important part of it is the mandatory CEU's. I been a CA for 20 years now (first year it started) which required 210 credit hours but I took way more than that.

The bet? Your weeks pay vs mine? I netted way over a hundred thou last year. Not a fair bet is it ya fag?

What is your name? Justine Prettypants? I will be watching to see if you pass. I am very doubtful.

My gm passed it first try and been a CA for 5 years. But then he 10 times more treeman than you.

Bout time that hack tree service you work for ("duh we specialize in take downs") got a CA and your boss and master, 6 foot gay ****, less up to it than you I guess.

because all the guys who make sure to have those creds cannot do the actual work. thats why.

so what do you say

Wrong. I can. I may not have much crane exp, as I don't need them, I can take any tree, any where, any time. I find that most who laugh in the face of the credentials, just use that as an excuse to cover up their own shortcomings. If u don't like "the man", fine. Dont sit here and try to say that all CA's cant do the work, that is ridiculous, more so, foolish. Did u personally do over 10g's this week? Just curios. It seems the only thing that you have to say, is to ridicule everyone else. Harassing them, baiting them and then turning around and saying "they started it" like my kids used to do. It is getting outa hand, needs to stop. You have good knowledge, instead of breaking down everyone who you feel threatened by, super star, why don't you drop your knowledge, instead of your need to start **** all the time. I know the others do it, but you have it mastered, you are "elite" at that for sure and now it stops.
Edited add in: I should not say any tree, I am sure that there are trees that are just undo-able out there, howeva, I have personally, not come across a removal that could not be handled by any good climber and the right tools. Arborist or not.

Last edited:
Drove to Maryland yesterday to pick up my new(er) Bobcat to replace my MT-50. I'm thinking the rider sulky won't be of much use but I'll try it out. I welded a 2" receiver on the bottom of the Branch Manager for moving stuff around. Mighty handy. 650 miles out and back made me weary and I reached up to the center of the dash twice to flip my jake brake on. Trouble was that there's no jake on a GMC 1 ton. That's where it was on my old Freightliner. I hope if my brains's starting to go that I revert to 1965 in the back seat of an Electra 225 with my girlfriend and not the cab of some stinkin' road tractor.

View attachment 230700

Latest posts

Back