whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enough!

Everyone needs to stop the major **** talking and name calling, EVERYONE.

The old teacher saying now applies, talk **** and I will delete it.

"If you cannot say nothing nice, don't say anything at all"

Pretty bad when I have to act as a kindergarten teacher

Does that eat up a bunch of memory saving all of those as stills too? We have a couple ipads in the house, I haven't really played with them, I can turn one on and that's about it. Still working on figuring out my smart fone:msp_confused:

Todd,

It doesn't take anymore memory for the stills. They are saved as a movie. They are just broken down frame by frame as stills.

My Ipad is 64 gig. My memory card in my camera is 32 gig so there is no way to completely fill up my memory with the vids. I downloaded all the movies I had on my camera and it only took up 4 gigs. Plus you can upload them to your computer or cloud storage if you need to make space. I'm just leaving mine on my camera for a backup. If I ever need to I will just delete older movies on my ipad, save the memory card in my camera that the movies are on and buy another memory card for the camera.

Still figuring mine out too. It's pretty easy once you play around with it though.

and I am sure you bought that crane to better improve your pruning and spray services and you know all the non removal aspects of tree work , I was trying to remember who it was that was ooober excited to see eaB come and wipe all the trees out ....

Being an elite level arborist is being able to handle any situation that arises in our profession. Wasn't exited as you portray me to see eab kill all the ash but I was on the scene the day it was found in Michigan at a seminar with the IAA in Indy when it was disclosed in 02. Reacted to it by reading reams and reams about it and treatment options esp in regards to my responsibility as the only CA on my town's Urban Forestry Board. Then went out and bought a BC 2000, a bigger crane and became ready for the mass amount of wood that would be generated by this by buying a large commercial lot and Timberwolf splitting equipment/conveyor. Already had nec. treatment equipment and knowledge and pesticide license for those who chose to spend to retain their ash trees.

You want to get the money clients, you gotta be ready, able and equipped to handle anything that arises (and be a CA) or somebody takes your money clients away with a silver tongue. You gotta have a complete game. If you don't have the small amount of basic knowledge that it takes to pass and retain a CA then you eventually will be legislated out of even working on any live trees or working in any town period. It is happening everywhere.

Would like to see every person that posts on this thread become a CA for even playing field.

Wrong. I can. I may not have much crane exp, as I don't need them, I can take any tree, any where, any time. I find that most who laugh in the face of the credentials, just use that as an excuse to cover up their own shortcomings. If u don't like "the man", fine. Dont sit here and try to say that all CA's cant do the work, that is ridiculous, more so, foolish. Did u personally do over 10g's this week? Just curios. It seems the only thing that you have to say, is to ridicule everyone else. Harassing them, baiting them and then turning around and saying "they started it" like my kids used to do. It is getting outa hand, needs to stop. You have good knowledge, instead of breaking down everyone who you feel threatened by, super star, why don't you drop your knowledge, instead of your need to start **** all the time. I know the others do it, but you have it mastered, you are a "god" at that for sure and now it stops.

what?

Being an elite level arborist is being able to handle any situation that arises in our profession. Wasn't exited as you portray me to see eab kill all the ash but I was on the scene the day it was found in Michigan at a seminar with the IAA in Indy when it was disclosed in 02. Reacted to it by reading reams and reams about it and treatment options esp in regards to my responsibility as the only CA on my town's Urban Forestry Board. Then went out and bought a BC 2000, a bigger crane and became ready for the mass amount of wood that would be generated by this by buying a large commercial lot and Timberwolf splitting equipment/conveyor. Already had nec. treatment equipment and knowledge and pesticide license for those who chose to spend to retain their ash trees.

You want to get the money clients, you gotta be ready, able and equipped to handle anything that arises (and be a CA) or somebody takes your money clients away with a silver tongue. You gotta have a complete game. If you don't have the small amount of basic knowledge that it takes to pass and retain a CA then you eventually will be legislated out of even working on any live trees or working in any town period. It is happening everywhere.

Would like to see every person that posts on this thread become a CA for even playing field.
oh please Dave I remeber the post in this thread 2 years ago , when you were more then just preparing but awaiting , I don't have a opinion about cert. To each there own , but to say cert. Levels the playing field well that's just dumb, you can put lipstick on a pig but its still just a pig and its the same thing for certs. And non certs. Slicing each others throats for a buck , maybe in the next 40 years you can master humility cause believe me , your a bit full of yourself ...

I'm going over to a good friends house to grind 6 or so stumps for him. Been grinding a lot lately since getting into it late last year, seems to be a nice filler just sending it out for a day here and there running all over the place. It locks in the complete on the spot removals nicely too. People are liking the fact that I can get anywhere/anytime with no ruts.

It's bull work that reminds me of wrestling again so when it pushes back I just push it harder, lock the mind out sweat and burn. That's why I like treework primarily, the other stuff is details.

Had some "technical" lol, removal jobs come through lately. Plenty of GRCS work.

Took out a good size Silver Maple yesterday with just the dump truck. Plywood layed down and straight bull work again. Lift to load everthing, rip the big blocks and muscle them up too. Old school.

The shop is full of saws to sharpen so I better get on it, have a good Sunday guys.

I warned him, as I did everybody.
Again, talk major down right nasty trash, like OD and I will delete it, so don't bother. 101 and Vet have settled it down. And I thank them. I never said that no one could argue their point, but that crap was not it.

Todd,

It doesn't take anymore memory for the stills. They are saved as a movie. They are just broken down frame by frame as stills.

My Ipad is 64 gig. My memory card in my camera is 32 gig so there is no way to completely fill up my memory with the vids. I downloaded all the movies I had on my camera and it only took up 4 gigs. Plus you can upload them to your computer or cloud storage if you need to make space. I'm just leaving mine on my camera for a backup. If I ever need to I will just delete older movies on my ipad, save the memory card in my camera that the movies are on and buy another memory card for the camera.

Still figuring mine out too. It's pretty easy once you play around with it though.

Ah! That's cool , didn't know it worked like that.

We were in Riverside and my driver 'rode the curb' with a big Morbark. Newer model and tire size seem's to matter. We were at an HOA In Riverside, all those street drain's have a metal plate along the curb. Totally ruined the tire. We were in Banning near Beaumont and I went everywhere to find a tire for the chipper that has a rip and tear in the side wall. Took a while to find a 17 or maybe a 17.5, I forget.
Jeff

I've dealt with that too, the chipper tires have weird sizes and proprietary rims. I had to call all over the region to find someone who could come out and change onsite, even Pomp's did not have them in stock. There was no way we could haul the rig in, and my buddy needed to finish the all-day mess I created in the yard :laugh: (clean-up that is, I was in-tree for around 3 hours) I think it took me over an hour and a half of calling around...

Same guy recently had a laborer park right behind his rig when they arrived onsite at a huge job. Buddy backed up and did 8K in damage to the front end of the car....

Undid an hours worth of filing in a few seconds... Meddling HOs..."cut it of a little lower".
I knew better

43acf8e6-2718-f4da.jpg

I refuse to flush-cut a stump, if they want to be able to drive over it then they need to pay for the stump grind. On occasion I have done it for the cost of a new chain, but on those big ones you can hit something right away, spend more time and chain then the stump grind is worth.

In the bid I put "remove to low stump" verbally i will say low enough that I do not ruin my bar & chain.

It's not like I'm having to haul it and split it and blah blah blah.

I have a buyer for the wood. They want 3, 25' logs. They'll come to the site and take the logs. I'll just scrap the tops and limbs. Easy peasy. A large local tree company will take the left over rounds off my hands to split and sell.

I think $250 a pop is a fair price. Im just starting out and have pretty minimal operating costs, as in gas for my saws and truck, and pay my brother and a friend to be my ground guys and haul sticks to the trailer. Insurance and license are handled already. The site is less than 10 minutes from the local green dump. A few trips is all it will be. This work is not my livelihood, it's fun money and working outside keeps me sane.

Even working for beer money, you need to sell your skill, not your labor. Though $750 for leaving the wood sounds a lot better.

@ Jeff, Banning! That's way the hell out there isn't it?
I remember being out there at a Pardee site and looking around. I was the only white guy!, out of hundreds of people working, Mexicans and Pakistani's getting down. The Pardee GF, a Mexican guy looks at me and says "feel like a sore thumb?" Then lets out a big huge laugh, slaps me on the shoulder and says "don't worry hefe (sp?) your safe", then another big laugh! It was kinda creepy.
It was cool tho, it was the first time I witnessed mass production home building, was like watching a orchestra, pretty neat watching that many people working at once. From field to front door keys in a month! Crazy!

Heading out to do my 2 oaks... Had to make a dump first. Thankfully I am dropping the wood and brush to someone close who wants it for firewood. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

like 50º out cloudy... perfect day for doing some firewood. Went out for like 2 hours this morning got a little over a cord cut, split and tossed on the pile gonna head back out and do a little more as long as the rain holds out.

I put some of those heel gel cups in my climbing boots this morning to try them out... I'm gelling like a mofo... :)

So one of my firewood guys has this on his lot and is trying to sell it to me... Only 55' though...

34c58de0.jpg

Back