whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loose end day. I have to run ALL OVER town today. My dirt guy moved, so I haven't been able to fill stumps, he is finally set back up, so hopefully I can get some. Gotta find a 3.25 gal ninebark..........somewhere. Have been walking the nursery's, a lot of stuff looks pretty ragged this year. Cut the converter off the bucket, it can breath! Big time power change, that thing must have been filled to the brim with carbon. So, if ya are wondering about it, it helps! Plus, it sounds a little throaty, like a big block should.

No S$%T eh? I have a ton of stumps to do today and tomorrow! Hopefully it just stays to rain and no white stuff!Or misses us all together! I don't mind getting a little damp under my rain gear, as long as I am making $ lol! Just put the boat in at our lake and people are calling for work there! Oh well we'll wait and see what happens!

Man you Canadians are hardcore , I am here and dressed but stepping outside the truck to cold drizzle is enough for me , looks like a oil chnge for the 1 ton and maybe one on the chipper as well other than that tomorrows another day ...

Loose end day. I have to run ALL OVER town today. My dirt guy moved, so I haven't been able to fill stumps, he is finally set back up, so hopefully I can get some. Gotta find a 3.25 gal ninebark..........somewhere. Have been walking the nursery's, a lot of stuff looks pretty ragged this year. Cut the converter off the bucket, it can breath! Big time power change, that thing must have been filled to the brim with carbon. So, if ya are wondering about it, it helps! Plus, it sounds a little throaty, like a big block should.
My 366 burnt @ 64k I tore it out and bought a 366 block slapped on 427 heads and the intake spacer kit ran it for about 500 miles and had to tear it down again and replace the cam , now its a true beast I mean it doesn't pass to many gas staions but with a full load and the chipper it can at least get outta its own way , I just wish that I would have taken the few minutes and pulled the cam cause how bad that lobe was worn I would saved myself almost 15 hours of wrenching and a whole lotta stress

My 366 burnt @ 64k I tore it out and bought a 366 block slapped on 427 heads and the intake spacer kit ran it for about 500 miles and had to tear it down again and replace the cam , now its a true beast I mean it doesn't pass to many gas staions but with a full load and the chipper it can at least get outta its own way , I just wish that I would have taken the few minutes and pulled the cam cause how bad that lobe was worn I would saved myself almost 15 hours of wrenching and a whole lotta stress

Let's have a pull off your bucket vs mine. See what the orange beast has?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zgnipk

rain and heavy wind day

spending the day with with my daughter and my dogs. supposed to blow over by noon have to do a few estimates this afternoon. but a pretty light day. anyone tell me where i can find the pics of the gmc 6500 that got paint and lettered a while back. it had the man cab removed and the boxer platform behind the cab(still think that it must be a fun ride up and down the ramps). I'd greatly appreciate the help.

spending the day with with my daughter and my dogs. supposed to blow over by noon have to do a few estimates this afternoon. but a pretty light day. anyone tell me where i can find the pics of the gmc 6500 that got paint and lettered a while back. it had the man cab removed and the boxer platform behind the cab(still think that it must be a fun ride up and down the ramps). I'd greatly appreciate the help.
abor pro started the thread and the nname of the thread was truck graphics or truck lettering I forget but its def. In this section somewhere

Got the bucket off to paint. I can't imagine its gonna look all that great for the money the guy is charging me, but we'll see. Supposed to have it back by the end of the week. That works out good because the welder will help us put the box and cab protector back on Saturday (a couple hours). Now I just gotta see if I can get the sign guy to hook me up over the weekend. Sweet!
View attachment 235239

probably both break something. but imagine the hits we would get on youtube with that kinda footage. could become internet superstars over night.
I would like that , but I don't roll like you Matt so unless youtube is gonna pay me to tear the punking aprt to prove a point I'd have to pass , maybe we could tie your 2 trucks together ... Just saying LOL

I think the thread is called finally done truck paint and graphics or something like that. I love the skid platform idea. I stole it from scott and built one of my own. Here are some pics. .....and yes, it is fun to ride up and down the ramps! Truck is not quite done yet, it is at paint now.

View attachment 235240View attachment 235241View attachment 235242View attachment 235243View attachment 235244

I think the thread is called finally done truck paint and graphics or something like that. I love the skid platform idea. I stole it from scott and built one of my own. Here are some pics. .....and yes, it is fun to ride up and down the ramps! Truck is not quite done yet, it is at paint now.

View attachment 235240View attachment 235241View attachment 235242View attachment 235243View attachment 235244

That's pretty cool. It's nice to see someone else that actually takes pride in what their equipment looks like!!

Yep it is all about looking good and being functional. When customers see you take pride in your trucks and other aspects of your business they will know you also take pride in your quality of work. This truck is definitely going to increase our efficiency and should last me quite a few years. Can't wait til it gets back from paint. In all honesty it doesn't cost much more to do things right either. In the long run having a nice paint job on your truck is going to make your truck last longer.

I love fabricating stuff for these trucks too, you can make things just the way you want them. I am working on a winch bumper for my f350 today when the crew is out grinding stumps and hauling wood.

That's a pretty clean old Brickman truck , now when you paint that do you need to completely disassemble it prior , cause that seems to take along time or just tape and spray , I don't have much experience with paint , from what it appears though its a dreadful undertaking

Yep it is all about looking good and being functional. When customers see you take pride in your trucks and other aspects of your business they will know you also take pride in your quality of work. This truck is definitely going to increase our efficiency and should last me quite a few years. Can't wait til it gets back from paint. In all honesty it doesn't cost much more to do things right either. In the long run having a nice paint job on your truck is going to make your truck last longer.

I love fabricating stuff for these trucks too, you can make things just the way you want them. I am working on a winch bumper for my f350 today when the crew is out grinding stumps and hauling wood.
I love the guys who throw a coat of paint on a truck that doesn't have working windshield wipers , or something that runs like a roach , I may not be a huge fan of painting but if I'm gonna paint a 4x4 well then the 4x4 at least gonna work ...LOL

That's a pretty clean old Brickman truck , now when you paint that do you need to completely disassemble it prior , cause that seems to take along time or just tape and spray , I don't have much experience with paint , from what it appears though its a dreadful undertaking

Yeah... unfortunately it is a dreadful undertaking. But, I have thrown quite a bit of business at the guys I use for paint so they are cutting me a decent deal.... still gonna be 1900 for the whole job. I don't have them go in crazy detail and tell them not to do any body work, just paint over it..... I told them that on my bucket too, they ended up painting every nook and cranny, even the door jams inside the tool boxes. They didn't go a dime over the estimate either . They are good guys to work with.

I had to paint this one, the fresh steel I put down needs a coat for sure and the truck was a former salt sprayer and has quite a bit of underbody rust on the dump body. They are gonna clean it up and hit the frame with some type of ruststopper paint. They are gonna do it up right in full red white and blue too.... should look nice. This truck only has 100k on it so I don't mind investing the money, if it had much more than that I would probably figure out a way to paint it on my own.

I love the guys who throw a coat of paint on a truck that doesn't have working windshield wipers , or something that runs like a roach , I may not be a huge fan of painting but if I'm gonna paint a 4x4 well then the 4x4 at least gonna work ...LOL

My 4x4 works fine.. you useless, bumbling, fat hacker. I could drag that piece of crap orange turd you got, with the magnetic door signs (the one you had to rip the motor apart fifteen times on) up the street too. just sayin'...

Last edited:
I would like that , but I don't roll like you Matt so unless youtube is gonna pay me to tear the punking aprt to prove a point I'd have to pass , maybe we could tie your 2 trucks together ... Just saying LOL

Seems like a loose loose for me break one truck or possibly two. But for the sake of YouTube subscribers still might be a good idea.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cismfj

Latest posts

Back