whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad day in Boston, wtf is wrong with people huh? Nothing is safe to do anymore!

My friend was working her last day in the restaurant where the big one went off. She took shrapnel all over her body. I was supposed to be there, as I am every year for the marathon. A little fight with the misses prevented that this year. I was literally supposed to be at ground zero.

WOAH!!! At Tristate forestry equipment, that thing would be 50K!!

Technically that is a center mount, but it has good reach nonetheless, and is certainly priced right! Too bad it's CDL, but not the end of the world.

Besides. Dont you already have abucket truck??

Ya, I have one but for that price I could get two crews going and sell it a couple years down the road and make 10-15k.

Ya, I have one but for that price I could get two crews going and sell it a couple years down the road and make 10-15k.

If you're seriously looking I can do you one better than that in roughly a month. I have a town unit I have dibs on and it's a one owner garage kept ALC 55. International DT466. Low, low miles, and hours. Nice truck I checked it out last week.

On a happier note. Got go ahead on 7 tree jobs i bid last week. Gonna lose a good bit of tomorrow to replacing trailer bearings, brakes tomorrow. I hate losing even a hour when i am this busy. Feast or famon.

On a happier note. Got go ahead on 7 tree jobs i bid last week. Gonna lose a good bit of tomorrow to replacing trailer bearings, brakes tomorrow. I hate losing even a hour when i am this busy. Feast or famon.

I got the go ahead on 4 today. It feels good to start to get some calls. Spring just wont get here, its been cold and snow and ice. The high the rest of the week is like 40 and we are going to get some rain and snow.

If you're seriously looking I can do you one better than that in roughly a month. I have a town unit I have dibs on and it's a one owner garage kept ALC 55. International DT466. Low, low miles, and hours. Nice truck I checked it out last week.

Its a nice thought but I kinda have a full plate now. I just bought my bucket a year ago and a log loader in Oct. and have some goals to have things paid off in a couple years.

Its a nice thought but I kinda have a full plate now. I just bought my bucket a year ago and a log loader in Oct. and have some goals to have things paid off in a couple years.

If the town approves a direct sale to me, I will be getting it for a ridiculously low price that I have already discussed with the head of the tree department. I will buy it just because it would be stupid not to. I certainly wont have the work to justify it.

I got the go ahead on 4 today. It feels good to start to get some calls. Spring just wont get here, its been cold and snow and ice. The high the rest of the week is like 40 and we are going to get some rain and snow.

Did u end up going north to work that storm?

I'd like to look at it when you get it ready to sale I'm getting older and half wore out and have cash you can pm me thanks Richard.

Had a nice cool day pole clipping viburnum and cutting the lower dead out of spruce trees. Now here is where it gets weird: I did a spring clean - up. Yup, I raked the leaves... and cut the grass. No ####. Can you believe it? Its not as bad as it seems as I was able to bang out a 730 dollar job all by my lonesome without having to break to much off of my ass. I even was able to dump at the township for free which was right down the road.
I was actually a little scared to rake the leaves all by myself so I tried to line up some help but he never showed so I went down to see if these "friends" of mine could help. I got to their place around 9, they were still sucking down bong hits but seemed eager enough to at least look at the job. When they saw it they were talking about 2 days, walk behind blowers, gallons of 2stroke mix, dragging tarps with lawn mowers and putting the leaves on a 20 foot trailer that don't even dump.
After they left to go back to sitting around smoking pot and talking about all sorts of other useless things I went and raked the crap onto a tarp and threw it on my dump truck, was home by 4:30.
Then my kid was trying to get me on that ####### tramapoline which I am hoping blows into the neighbors yard so I can call it an "act of God" and leave it there. Of all the things that keep me awake thinking about killing my wife that is the main one. I pretty much forgave her for everything else except for buying that thing.
Tommorow I am going to pick up a nice load of wood and chip what I made on Saturday. I am planning on dumping the chips at the guy who won 98 million dollars of lottery money house. He's got a sign out that says he wants chips and he is close to the job. Last time I saw him he told me he almost called the police on me because I dared sit in my truck in front of his house. I was meeting the head contractor there to look a tree job on his property and knew we were coming. I could barely keep from telling him off, I might have said something to effect. I did help with the job on his property, the head contractor smashed a couple little plum trees with the spar cause he's a frenzied mess and boy, did he underbid that job. Think this lottery winner would be inclined to give me a couple bucks for the chips?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back