whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gotta take tomorrow off and get everything transfered over from the old trailer. Think i am gonna put that bed liner stuff on the floor of the new trailer. My buddy that is a welder is coming over also to weld on the rear trailer rollers. I could do it, but its all overhead, and after all he does it for a living, and i am not very good at overhead welding.

So it was a beautiful day,,,,,,,
7am, one of my driver's pull's away from the gas (diesel) pump with the nozzle in the chipper tank,,
$250.00
Wrote him up,,yup. :dizzy:
Jeff

Do you guys have tanks at your yard or was it at a gas station?

7am, one of my driver's pull's away from the gas (diesel) pump with the nozzle in the chipper tank,,
$250.00
Jeff

That is dangerous I saw a guy so that with the gas pump filling a pipe puller , there was a huge fire , thank god it didn't travel into the tank or I would not be here I was on the opposite side loading a tractor when it lit up . Super sketchy and very dangerous

That is dangerous I saw a guy so that with the gas pump filling a pipe puller , there was a huge fire , thank god it didn't travel into the tank or I would not be here I was on the opposite side loading a tractor when it lit up . Super sketchy and very dangerous

This one had the nozzle just pop off, no spillage and a 2 minute fix. But I guess it cost money to make sure it is done right.
Jeff

It's been an interesting couple of days for me.

I only do 1 mulch job each year, it takes roughly 10 yards of sweet peat and I don't get paid for it. I went there yesterday morning, edged the beds and dropped off 4 yards of mulch for DF who showed up at 12:00 (after his classes) got him settled and took off for a demo. Got to check out one of those screw type log / stump splitters. So I get back from that, and the dope has his car radio blasting so that he has something to listen to. Dropped him another 4 yards of mulch and left to go help get set-up for the following day. That turned into a long drawn out ordeal, and the next thing I know it's 7:15. DF sends me a text saying that he was trying to leave to go home, and for some unexplainable reason his car won't start. :rolleyes2: By the time I got back there with jumper cables, he had already left. The homeowner was kind enough to help him out... we got a darn good laugh out of that though.

This morning I went to pick up a stump grinder so that I could blast out 5 stumps at 2 houses. Get to the first job, go to unload the grinder... sure enough the freaking thing came off the ramps and wound up sideways against one of the fenders. Called a friend who lives up the street, luckily he was home, and came over with his backhoe to right the machine. Brought the machine back to the yard to be inspected and what not... then went back to mulching.

At some point during the course of the day I made a phone call to the neighbor of a client of mine... I need to use his driveway to park my truck and chipper for next week's job. Luckily I was able to get him on the phone, and shockingly he agreed to it. He basically said it's easier to ask for permission than to ask for forgiveness, and because I was thoughtful enough to ask for permission he would allow me the use of the driveway. Only crappy part is I will have to plywood / tarp the driveway just to make sure I don't make any kind of mess or problems.

$250.00
Jeff

Don't be too hard on him Jeff, when you spend twenty minutes in the store nuking a breakfasr burrito, getting your coffee just right, flirting with the girl behind the counter like I always caught my guys doing, it's hard to remember what you were supposed to be doing at the gas station in the first place.

It's been an interesting couple of days for me.

I only do 1 mulch job each year, it takes roughly 10 yards of sweet peat and I don't get paid for it. I went there yesterday morning, edged the beds and dropped off 4 yards of mulch for DF who showed up at 12:00 (after his classes) got him settled and took off for a demo. Got to check out one of those screw type log / stump splitters. So I get back from that, and the dope has his car radio blasting so that he has something to listen to. Dropped him another 4 yards of mulch and left to go help get set-up for the following day. That turned into a long drawn out ordeal, and the next thing I know it's 7:15. DF sends me a text saying that he was trying to leave to go home, and for some unexplainable reason his car won't start. :rolleyes2: By the time I got back there with jumper cables, he had already left. The homeowner was kind enough to help him out... we got a darn good laugh out of that though.

This morning I went to pick up a stump grinder so that I could blast out 5 stumps at 2 houses. Get to the first job, go to unload the grinder... sure enough the freaking thing came off the ramps and wound up sideways against one of the fenders. Called a friend who lives up the street, luckily he was home, and came over with his backhoe to right the machine. Brought the machine back to the yard to be inspected and what not... then went back to mulching.

At some point during the course of the day I made a phone call to the neighbor of a client of mine... I need to use his driveway to park my truck and chipper for next week's job. Luckily I was able to get him on the phone, and shockingly he agreed to it. He basically said it's easier to ask for permission than to ask for forgiveness, and because I was thoughtful enough to ask for permission he would allow me the use of the driveway. Only crappy part is I will have to plywood / tarp the driveway just to make sure I don't make any kind of mess or problems.

Hey treeman, check your pm's. I gotta ask a favor of you.

Worked 2 hours this morning taking down 2 sugar maples at the golf course, chipped all the brush, wood stayed. Got 2 free memberships for the year, that's my kind of bartering.

Last edited:
Pissed down rain on/off here all day pretty much here, sharpened some chains, cleaned up the yard (ruts) from this week. Booked 5 more jobs for next week.....chippers in getting painted and will be ready Monday. Might have my grinder sold (hoping to buy a bandit 2550). April-mid May are booked with some good $ jobs!

It was a day. Blakes gets a treat.
se3yqeda.jpg

Spent the night/day watching shoot outs and EOD doing bomb disposal in my neighborhood. You know, normal stuff.....

The weather here just wont break, it will be nice for a day or two then rain and snow and cold. The guys are getting real antsy and so am I. I have a week or so of work to do and I know once it gets nice we will be real busy. Im not too worried but last year on March 1st I was a couple weeks back and worked into Dec, I hope I get some big jobs this season!

Back