whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked at 3 jobs this morning, with a 4th in the afternoon, got at least 2 of them. Nothing fancy, but I'll take the work... dismantle a sugar maple for a friend's brother, hazard prune a couple of bigger sugar maples, remove a butternut, and lastly some preservation err keeping death at bay for a bunch of junk trees on a construction site. The people were working in this place for at least 4 or 5 years. I recall back in 08? the husband called me down there to give a price removing an oak tree, but I was too expensive. Today the mrs. saw me finishing up a job down the road, asked me to come by. They ripped the house apart, completely re-graded the property and now that it's all done they want to try to save the trees that remain. :dizzy:

Aside from that, finished the job that was started yesterday... the lady was there, and boy is she losing her mind. My friend tried to get his bucket in there, couldn't do it with all the wires going to the houses. We are gonna get a line drop in the fall after the people leave and bang it out quickly.

mevagu7e.jpg
anaduvum.jpg
umasy6um.jpg
e7etu3up.jpg
ezy5y6uh.jpg
6u7u3apu.jpg
just about 20 ft short of reach and .... well second time in a months my ass got torn up by bees , and over a greenhouse and along side of a beautiful pool basically a tree standing by the termites holding hands

I told u those bees just want to be your friend lol pretty knarly tree bro I hate the ones you know might break out and make you look bad :)

2day...

removed dead trees... did some planting... mums... rose of sharon.... hawthorne... azalea...put some chips down... installed fountain...

Some from yesterday and today, first 2 80' sugar maple 8' from the house, very tight DZ, part of my fleet! Lol, walnut logs, to be milled, 10-12 footers from today, then did 2 dead ash trees between 2 houses. Long day but awesome week!$$$

Last edited:
Some from yesterday and today, first 2 80' sugar maple 8' from the house, very tight DZ, part of my fleet! Lol, walnut logs, to be milled, 10-12 footers from today, then did 2 dead ash trees between 2 houses. Long day but awesome week!$$$

Your gonna need awesome weeks to pay for all your new toys :rock:

Your gonna need awesome weeks to pay for all your new toys :rock:

Minis paid for! Lol, lift will be very shortly, I am demoing this one and buying new! This thing is a money maker, it will be paid off quick! :msp_wink: production production production! Have a great crew and hired another good guy this week so things are good bro!:msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
Jesus man , just be smart . But I am sure I don't need to tell you that .

Thanks buddy, I don't buy until I have the cash, that's how I roll! All my stuffs paid for!
I have a great crew and big back log of work, doing a week long job on an island next week, looking for another guy still! 10 acre island with a nice little shack! Think you can sneak away?

Thanks buddy, I don't buy until I have the cash, that's how I roll! All my stuffs paid for!
I have a great crew and big back log of work, doing a week long job on an island next week, looking for another guy still! 10 acre island with a nice little shack! Think you can sneak away?

I read that more closely , I am neck deep in work here aswell , I am mustering along , but I have 3 sites to do pruning , 21 days of work ! Geeeeeeee I hope they pay , same management company piled all this on me , I gotta buy a bucket , and put mine out to pasture .

I read that more closely , I am neck deep in work here aswell , I am mustering along , but I have 3 sites to do pruning , 21 days of work ! Geeeeeeee I hope they pay , same management company piled all this on me , I gotta buy a bucket , and put mine out to pasture .

Get a lift, I will never ever go back to a bucket ! I have been averaging 7$ a day on diesel with it, $15-20 to tow it around. Way better then putting a couple hundo into the bucket. Still gotta climb some to stay sharp but I'm doing a lotta sketchy trees that should not be climbed anyhow !

Wedging dead tops over today, some falling also. All dead trees.

I could never be a ground-worker, having previously been a climber....watching that $hit, knowing full well whats going on up there. I swear I couldn't bear it. Not a nice place to be. Especially when there's already dead trees lay all over the place....fallen on their own accord. Ive been getting away with it. View attachment 314984View attachment 314985

Get a lift, I will never ever go back to a bucket ! I have been averaging 7$ a day on diesel with it, $15-20 to tow it around. Way better then putting a couple hundo into the bucket. Still gotta climb some to stay sharp but I'm doing a lotta sketchy trees that should not be climbed anyhow !

I am undecided whether I like them or not , I wanna see them stand the test of time doing tree work , if they are still reliable with some age , well maybe ......... My son can buy one . For now I am gonna stay with the tried and true.:msp_biggrin:

I am undecided whether I like them or not , I wanna see them stand the test of time doing tree work , if they are still reliable with some age , well maybe ......... My son can buy one . For now I am gonna stay with the tried and true.:msp_biggrin:

Ha ha ok... You sound like one of the old firefighters when I first started who didn't want to embrace change but times are a changing and new technology and equipments a good thing! These are built very well and I feel safer in one then a bucket, way less maintenance also! Big thing to think about!

Wedging dead tops over today, some falling also. All dead trees.

I could never be a ground-worker, having previously been a climber....watching that $hit, knowing full well whats going on up there. I swear I couldn't bear it. Not a nice place to be. Especially when there's already dead trees lay all over the place....fallen on their own accord. Ive been getting away with it. View attachment 314984View attachment 314985

Awesome Reg, glad to see your still having fun out on the west coast!

Back