whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped my chipper off at the brush bandit dealer today. I Put a injection pump on it and it did not help so it is beyond me. Only running on 2 out of 3 cylinders and has a bad vibration. Thinking it has engine damage. They have a used 2006 rayco rc12 there i will be trying out on Monday, 86 hp non turbo cat engine cil lift with down pressure and auto feed. The discharge shoot looks short to me but idk. Anyone used one? I will be going from a old 9 inch to this one so to me it might feel like the best thing in the world. We will see Monday.

Couple co's around me run them and seem to like em!

I have this 86 hp turbo cat , chipper is trash because some bozo fed a fence into it but the engine is all good. , just saying if you want a alternative to a new machine
apujugyr.jpg
eje9a8er.jpg
yzurequm.jpg
just an option that's all

Finished the Tulip trees today and then cut down a rotten Swamp Maple stalk that was covered in poison Ivy for top to bottom, luckily I don't get poison ivy to bad.
6u7u6equ.jpg
uze8u5ag.jpg
e9e7agu3.jpg
aqyqa2yp.jpg
u4a4e9ar.jpg

Finished the Tulip trees today and then cut down a rotten Swamp Maple stalk that was covered in poison Ivy for top to bottom, luckily I don't get poison ivy to bad.

Do you charge extra for the PITA aspect of the poison ivy?

I don't think I'm too sensitive to it - I've never had it that I noticed - but both our climbers get these horrible blisters that look like 3rd degree burns just from looking at the stuff. I'm not sure you could pay them enough to tackle a tree covered in poison ivy.

Tried out a new kid today, he worked out pretty well. The job was supposed to be removing about 4 broken branches from this one large sugar maple near a house, but that wound up taking almost half the day. Get up there, next thing I know there's dead wood all over the place, busted pieces left and right... did what I could and said to hell with the rest. Then had to DWP and cable this BIG sugar maple on the property line. DWP was fine, but said F the cable because the tree wound up having cavities all over it and will ultimately be a removal this winter. Took out a pear, white birch, and cherry in the back. Got there around 8:30, left around 5:30.

Do you charge extra for the PITA aspect of the poison ivy?

I don't think I'm too sensitive to it - I've never had it that I noticed - but both our climbers get these horrible blisters that look like 3rd degree burns just from looking at the stuff. I'm not sure you could pay them enough to tackle a tree covered in poison ivy.

No probably should though

Saved out some logs from last job. Bald Cypress(not had any before) , and some small black walnut. Not big wood, but will make some nice lumber.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380245905.988029.jpg

Glad to see AS is back up and running. I was having withdrawls. Removed a bunch of birch trees overhanging a garage today. And also shaped 2 35' hollys.

Attachments

• 20130927_074145.jpg
    20130927_074145.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20130927_074445.jpg
    20130927_074445.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 35
  • 20130927_074150.jpg
    20130927_074150.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 38
Actually had a drop zone that was usable today. That's different. Well, the drop zone was usable if you don't count the wires, the truck, or the shed. About 2/3rds through this ordeal of 12 trees on a postage stamp. Ones in the juice out front are done, "easy" ones in back are done. Just some juice to clear on Monday. It's just treework. Neighbor is cool though, bringing some dd bueno both days thus far. Sure he'll be there Monday too.
vuzedu2y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hello all,

This is my first post, found this site while on another site. Here is what I did for a while today.

18.jpg

Winter is coming, so It's time to get the splitting finished up. This end is white oak...

Latest posts

Back