whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe try a house washing company in your area? Bet it can't be very expensive to have them come out and pressure wash it that way you can push some of the liability off on them if the wall comes out a different color. Just thinking here.

Good thinking. Gotta be a beer to drink somewhere while all that goes down.

I would use DAWN - the top supplier to all animal clean crews up from an oil spill. Gentle but strong . It cuts oil very well and breaks it down. In fact that's what Batman used once to kill a sludge monster that was taking over the city and I can't believe it myself. I would say Simple green but that is more likely to degrade the siding's finish. Do the whole side because any clean area will be noticeable. I would say that if you might have a major RUN - OFF issue than maybe soak it up with a little bit of wood chips then take the chip away. A little soap won't hurt things and will keep bugs away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit my cab cover with a decent sized piece of wood today , had a bad case of the dropsies ! Put a nice little dent in it then shot off it it went through would took out the hood and the TBI I am want a rearmount now

I pulled in too close to the tree and I only had about 8ft between the bumper and the tree with house service on the right well the tree was kinda sprawling so for a few cuts I really had to push my snap cuts . ****ing bucket had a lot of sawdust in it . So when I broke the snap cut my body kinda fell on top of the controls and I couldn't catch the piece . It landed dead flat on the can cover and ****ing put a hole in it maybe roughly big enough for my foot . I ****ef up long and short of it I shoulda moved the truck up closer after I tore the truck side of the tree down I took a awful shot to the shoulder from the piece but that's just a bruise

I pulled the piece broke the snap and on my push forward I slipped piece nailed me because it kicked out at the bottom , I feel that I did all I could do letting it go straight down it woulda hit the turret full shot I almost cleared the truck that's that

I took a shot .... I had on earmuffs and I ripped one off. , and cranked my collar bone good . I got what I deserved on that . It's all good thanks for the thought

Working with my new ground-man today. I'm up in the tree removing and lowering pieces. He starts chipping the brush and I look back to see he is about to run my lowering line through the chipper. The lowering line is attached to my saddle. I was able to unclip the line and he realized what he was doing just before the rope hit the feed wheels. Looks up at me with a dumb ass grin on his face. After I finished explaining the potential accident that could have occurred, he didn't smile for the rest of the day.

Working with my new ground-man today. I'm up in the tree removing and lowering pieces. He starts chipping the brush and I look back to see he is about to run my lowering line through the chipper. The lowering line is attached to my saddle. I was able to unclip the line and he realized what he was doing just before the rope hit the feed wheels. Looks up at me with a dumb ass grin on his face. After I finished explaining the potential accident that could have occurred, he didn't smile for the rest of the day.

I had a guy give me a good scare like that a few years back. Bastard was letting the autofeed handle a good sized ash top, while he sauntered up to screw with the hyd. chute (for no reason). All the while I'm having a heart attack untying the tag line from the basket. Finally stopped him (had the overhands off by then anyway). Was one of those times I was forced to scream at a guy in front of a customer. Hate that ****!!

like the operators cab guard for branches.
1381800_10201368090577161_836872845_n.jpg

1385761_10201368090097149_1477336174_n.jpg

553899_10201368090057148_536584728_n.jpg

The Dan looking svelte as usuall.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back