whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Said by the man who never had to install a 90 tree hedge or fertilize a hedge 4 blocks long.

The guy probably hit a rock making his stump cut and said 'screw it, let the stumper deal with it'.

Not true. I've done both. Bouganvillia hedge at that.

I just find grinding to be boring. Just kinda stand there and work the controls.

And yes, I've hit rock. Also found rebar and concrete in stumps.

Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk

Up at 5:30 on a Saturday morning, bummer. Have a couple of jobs to bid today, nothing too exciting. Going to stumble to the coffee pot now and get that bad chicken rollin!

Last edited:
I have a few great plans myself... fighting a PITA head cold so I have the standard issue tree man (or tree man wannabe) cold cure.
jpy2.jpg

Homemade chicken soup and Blackberry Brandy

What are you, a teenage girl? I can't drink anything but the leroux.. and it's gotta be in the freezer (yum). And even at that "all things in moderation". Lol.

But I hope you feel better!!

What are you, a teenage girl? I can't drink anything but the leroux.. and it's gotta be in the freezer (yum). And even at that "all things in moderation". Lol.

But I hope you feel better!!
It did not help the cold but sure made miserable a lot more fun.

How fast you are makes no difference. What really counts is how much time you waste. I like the speedlines because they let me keep working instead of waiting for the groundies to return a rope to me. That, and you can set the lines for quite a few cuts, then begin repositioning while they clean up the mess you sent them.

I really like how they drop all the longer limbs butt-first, pointing at the chipper, out of the drop zone. Sometimes I alternate speedlines and just dropping stuff so that none of the work zones gets all bound up with too many guys or branches.

I don't speed line often, and have only ever used a porty instead of a block & prussic for a PCD.
Speedlining certainly has it's place, but I find it is often not worth the time setting up, and I also find it more tiring on me (the climber) for some reason. It is less exhausting to just watch the ants forward the brush to the picnic.

Climbed and removed a tree who was like a gaddang cork screw!!!! It was dark when I did the last cut. My whole body aches!
Shoot, I even got cramp in my thumbs when packing the gear! What the....???? The thumbs?
I'm gettin too old for this......

Gif: graphic interchange format.
Essentially a small lossless (doesn't degrade quality) file format used to create short animations from pictures, often jpeg. It was the first wired transmissible "video" format but lacks sound.

Yup, I re-learned something. You forget stuff you don't use, lol. I rarely have the room to run such a line so I've never tried it.

Sent from a thing using a program

Back on topic...

Hit my favorite regular customer for an as-needed inspection and maintenance of trees at the Carrollton school in the gables. Pretty much chilled in the bucket all day and checked the integrity of some oaks, raising and structural pruning on trees in parking area and removed some volunteers that were growing in too much.

Also got a perfect picture of what a ficus will do to grow.

hu4e6ema.jpg

Fixed the landscapers cut after the photo, lol.

Sent from a thing using a program

Latest posts

Back