whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My office view today
Was A nice change after two days of rain
76ebe453805a837827caf791fea29f5c.jpg

f06b5d00f0a43eb5fb35c3833573eada.jpg

What chipper and mini are those in your pic squad? I'm just curious because those mini skids are starting to grab my attention
Chipper is a Bandit 65xp and the mini is a Vermeer S600tx.
It's nice to have a small chipper for some of the areas that I work. The lighter chipper is easier to move on hills and narrow enough to get into some tight places with the mini.
I doubt you'll regret getting a mini. They're pretty awesome for tree work.

Ah, an entire week of rain beyond today. Sweet. Busy all week for a change too. Getting the arm back in full service today. Couple of real retards on the ground (literally).. some good sized trees.. should be a real blast.

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. :eek:

Right off the the bat this morning I get a call from this old fuzzcow we did a job for last month saying she is taking $235.00 off the bill for "driveway cleaning." Claims we got oil on her driveway. We weren't even parked there.

We so had this. Amazing how much one can do with a couple of less than stellar candidates in a pinch. Sometimes I hate my job, but it is a skill, this tree servicing (or)deal.. or maybe a form of insanity.. not exactly sure on that one yet, to be honest. At any rate, it sure does have its moments, doesn't it.

Nice to be back in the air anyway!! :)

IMG_20141020_110746_552.jpg

Took down a nasty cracked hollow ash yesterday hanging over numerous RVs in a campground. No bucket truck. Fun fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you had too much work to handle, would you recommend jobs to other tree guys?

Right now, I've got just about all I can handle and more is coming and I'm about to leave town for a few days making it worse.

I like to keep customers happy and get their jobs done in a timely manner. Is it better to tell them they have to wait or have them call someone else, assuming more jobs are coming anyway?

I let my clients know beforehand and change my voicemail to reflect my absence as well.
I look at it from the old story of " if you let something go and it doesn't come back, it wasn't really yours to begin with".

I just let them know I'm booked for 2-3 months and I will put them on the schedule. If they are willing to wait (which most do) great if not they'll call someone else. If I call them early I look even better. Some customers that want lakeside work have to wait till the lake freezes, so they could be waiting quite a while. I know a guy that tells everyone 2 weeks and then complains about people calling him upset that he isn't there.

If you had too much work to handle, would you recommend jobs to other tree guys?

Right now, I've got just about all I can handle and more is coming and I'm about to leave town for a few days making it worse.

I like to keep customers happy and get their jobs done in a timely manner. Is it better to tell them they have to wait or have them call someone else, assuming more jobs are coming anyway?
No, i dont give away work. Maybe hire a couple more guys and get another crew going.

It has been a good year. This past spring i was in a bad rut and not feeling like myself. I think it was from the long winter and not going to the gym, but back to my old self and feeling great.

Back