whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled up to cut down a tree the other day. No one was home so I called the lady and left a message like, "headed to do your tree today, call me back with any questions. " (I don't know why I didn't say I'm in your front yard, but who knows? )

so we put down boards backed the crane in the middle of the front yard. Unfolded the crane, lifted Climber in the tree and just as we were about to start customer calls.

"Hey, I'm not there, but the baby sitter is and I'll be back around lunch to pay you"

remember: no one is home.

So I say, " okay. We'll be there shortly the address is 4911 right? "

"No, its 4931."

................... :(
" okay we're on the way"

I was at the wrong house, in the wrong yard, about to cut down the wrong tree. We folded up and hit the trail super quick!

The neighbor came out and stole their newspaper when we first pulled up so I wonder if they'll ask what those tree guys were doing in the yard?

Who knows close one. Guess my memory isn't what it used to be. The tree definitely looked bigger than I remembered too.
I kept thinking I must have under bid this one!

Pulled up to cut down a tree the other day. No one was home so I called the lady and left a message like, "headed to do your tree today, call me back with any questions. " (I don't know why I didn't say I'm in your front yard, but who knows? )

so we put down boards backed the crane in the middle of the front yard. Unfolded the crane, lifted Climber in the tree and just as we were about to start customer calls.

"Hey, I'm not there, but the baby sitter is and I'll be back around lunch to pay you"

"No, its 4931."

" okay we're on the way"

I was at the wrong house, in the wrong yard, about to cut down the wrong tree. We folded up and hit the trail super quick!

The neighbor came out and stole their newspaper when we first pulled up so I wonder if they'll ask what those tree guys were doing in the yard?

Who knows close one. Guess my memory isn't what it used to be. The tree definitely looked bigger than I remembered too.
Memory? No written contract or written estimate?

I did. emailed her an estimate and all but i didn't write the house# for some reason, just the street. And the houses were identical and the trees( both maples) were in the same spot in both yards. Idk. Being lazy about that stuff will get you I guess.

I did. emailed her an estimate and all but i didn't write the house# for some reason, just the street. And the houses were identical and the trees( both maples) were in the same spot in both yards. Idk. Being lazy about that stuff will get you I guess.
Understood.

I have a quite a few customers where I do work at their second house...but the job card sometimes only has their billing address on. Which gets confusing.

"No, its 4931."

" okay we're on the way"

It doesn't really matter, they all have to come down anyway... right?

I didn't go out today. I spent the day installing all new wiring in my house since contractors in my area are the most worthless, unreliable group of people to waste the local oxygen supply. It amazes me that they stay in business. I got tired of waiting (we have a deadline) so a friend and I did the job ourselves. We spent about 3 hours last weekend and about 7 hours today and got almost the entire electrical system replaced....totally up to code and ready for "rough" inspection next week. I'll pull the old exposed wiring tomorrow. Anything that wasn't exposed was pulled when we snaked the new stuff.

Edit to say....I don't live in that house and it's mostly gutted right now. It would be nice to move back some day if people ever get their **** together. I've been out of my house for 6 months now.

You going to put the new chipper to work this weekend Treebilly ??
Unfortunately it's pouring down rain and will be till noon tomorrow so no trying out the chipper. Hopefully next weekend. Gonna go to "work" instead to do a tool inventory and order for all the crews. Boss is planning on calling the rest of the guys back in a week and wants me to make sure things are ready for them and the new hires.
I did knock out a good chunk of my bat trees this week. Waiting on permits from the city of Cleveland to do the last ten. Going to get started on a county project till then.
Also interviewed a climber today. I've been told a lot of good things about him by others over the last couple years. Seems to know his stuff. I hope that him and my boss can make a deal. I need someone that can step up.

I spent the day doing push ups and situps and doing karate moves in the mirror and working down screwdrivers made with cheap concentrated orange juice and top shelf vodka til my wife and kid came home from the Cheesecake Factory. I gotta say I don't like cheesecake and I don't like factories and I don't like people so in the interim of my madcap work out( while blasting ' Radar Love' over and over and over and over) I did a little dusting and vacuuming as there was no way in hell I was going to the Y on the weekend, the weekdays are bad enough.

They came home around three, my wife asked me if I had showered and shaved yet, I told her if she meant my balls then I did and promptly set forward to playing Frisbee with the kid. Its been pouring rain since last night so we did it in the house.

I heard Jeff had some promising results with the erectile dysfunction implants, that MDS's mom finally convinced him that girls are nothing to be afraid of (she's lying), and 101 set fire to New Jersey... again. So I wish you all a safe and happy holiday, I will be spending it trying to remember where I put my chipper and trying on my wife's underwear but its not really important because everyday I get closer and closer to heading out to Iowa and joining Beans in the fight to rid the planet of zombies. That day is coming and its coming fast if its not here already.

Also; I took the advice of Del Corbin and read ' Nausea'( which I have been afraid to do since high school) and I have to tell you that: 1. I knew it all along and 2: Don't read that ****, NO NO NO. Don't do it unn uhh. BIG MISTAKE!

As far as everything else is concerned? Well we are all hanging on by just a thread whether you want to admit that or not so get out and be positive! if that doesn't work pop a handful of Tylenol and take a ****ing nap.

Just looked over a clearing job that should keep me busy for a week. Pretty easy gig, going to have a guy with a big track machine pushing my chipper through the woods and over the dale. So I have to put off a couple things from last year which kinda sucks.

When the men in the white coats come to get you and of course confiscate your computer as they always do, it'll be hard to convince them to let you go after reading your posts in here. :crazy2:

My advise to you is to keep your arms stretched out at all times. It's harder for them to throw the net over you when they come to get you.:happybanana:

I've got a few things I could attempt to do. Getting started at the beginning of the year is one of the hardest parts for me. All the damn snow still on the ground, and the mud season to follow is a lot of the problem. The whole death bed scene I went through this winter hasn't helped my motivation (or anything for that matter) either. The MDS will prevail though.. too damn miserable to just die.:laugh:

Yeah, its going to be a slopfest on this clearing job, dude said his track machine will be fine....OOOOOO KAY!

These other jobs are right by the road and they are smash and grab, the kind that puts me back in my leopard skin by 2.

When the men in the white coats come to get you and of course confiscate your computer as they always do, it'll be hard to convince them to let you go after reading your posts in here. :crazy2:

My advise to you is to keep your arms stretched out at all times. It's harder for them to throw the net over you when they come to get you.:happybanana:

What I don't understand is why no one has come already.

de8c4cb4e5ddf8879764c2e8485b6754.jpg
71e26431af08f1582b86c69e1ccd15d9.jpg

Got my loader back with the winch installed last week. Happy to have that taken care of so its ready to go. Just need the phone to ring, the snow to melt, the ground to dry out, and the temp to get into the 60's. Then maybe I will adjust my attitude and quit being such a grump.

Yesterday was take your girlfriend to work day. She helped me cable a big elm, prune a box elder, prune two crab apples and crown reduction on 4 big apples they are still dormant. I almost feel like a real arborist again. Well, thats what I tell her any way.

Back