whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I assume you're replacing the anvil too? What is all that gonna set you back?
I've heard stories of steel rods going through and seizing engines.

Bolts, blades, anvil and hardware.. new cable while I'm at it (old one was shot anyway). I dunno, $700 maybe? Haha. Was swapping the blades and going the maintenance on the chipper while the chip truck was off soaking up $1680 in work (king pins, oil line leak, clutch adjustment, safety inspection). Whatever, I'm kinda used to it. The stupidly of this just really bothers me. But, like I said, its my fault. I should've be clear from the get go: no touch winchy!!!! I was always clear on that stuff in the past with new guys. Totally my fault.

20151101_150245.jpg
Cut on some big Ash today! Had the wife running hydros. Was a good day! Also got to test out this fellas Echo timberwolf.. i liked it. Light, tough, and had good torque. But i think think ms 290 18" b&c did circles around the cs 590 20 b&c.

Got the last of the bearings i was waiting for yesterday while I was out on the trim job from hell. All new wheels and bearings for the head and all new bearings for the blade guides as well. Found a standing dead hemlock and a yellow birch with the top knocked out of it to play around with. Afro truck had a moment thought it was a log skidder yanked the fat end of that hemlock out all 34ft of it 24 inches at the butt end cut the smallest log made 9 2x4s and ran out of daylight

uploadfromtaptalk1446430194393.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446430255016.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446430413160.jpg

Jesse

Took the morning off and planned to work this afternoon when I discovered that the PTO switch on the bucket truck wasn't working. After checking fuses and lines, I figured that I may have done something to the circuit board on the back of the switch when installing the stereo and power supply switch for the backup camera on Saturday.
My local International dealer didn't have one in stock, but their store in Mississauga did. After an hour drive there and another hour back my chance on the $140 board paid off and it's back working. :dancing:
On a plus side, during all this, we discovered the emergency backup pump for the hydraulics had corroded wires. Easier to fix at the shop than on the job site.

Took the morning off and planned to work this afternoon when I discovered that the PTO switch on the bucket truck wasn't working. After checking fuses and lines, I figured that I may have done something to the circuit board on the back of the switch when installing the stereo and power supply switch for the backup camera on Saturday.
My local International dealer didn't have one in stock, but their store in Mississauga did. After an hour drive there and another hour back my chance on the $140 board paid off and it's back working. :dancing:
On a plus side, during all this, we discovered the emergency backup pump for the hydraulics had corroded wires. Easier to fix at the shop than on the job site.

Pre -Trip inspection,,,good job
Jeff

Pre -Trip inspection,,,good job
Jeff

I try. Really should have caught it on the weekend after installing the radio and power switch.
I'm pretty diligent about pre and post trip inspections. A little bit of time can save you allot of time later.:) I even wire the hitch pins to the hitches on a piece of aircraft safety wire. Less chance of them getting lost. Also keep spares in the truck.

I bought an electric grease gun this summer, they're great. Now if they only had one that could change its own tubes :laugh:

I need to get an electric grease gun as well. An excavating company I was working on a job with had them. 200+ employees and every one was given one. If the boss showed up and your equipment wasn't greased you were fired on the spot.

I try. Really should have caught it on the weekend after installing the radio and power switch.
I'm pretty diligent about pre and post trip inspections. A little bit of time can save you allot of time later.:) I even wire the hitch pins to the hitches on a piece of aircraft safety wire. Less chance of them getting lost. Also keep spares in the truck.

I bought an electric grease gun this summer, they're great. Now if they only had one that could change its own tubes :laugh:

We have a fireman/treeman crossover in my area as well. Guy is super anal. I've seen him polishing the rims on his bucket at the gas station. Lol. Guy does seem to have some nice stuff though, that's for sure.

Latest posts

Back