whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yawn. At first I thought I heard something about the Dan banging the crazy chick that touches the fence. I almost choked on my coffee. Then I reread it and realized it was just the usual snooze-fest.:laugh:

Yawn. At first I thought I heard something about the Dan banging the crazy chick that touches the fence. I almost choked on my coffee. Then I reread it and realized it was just the usual snooze-fest.:laugh:
Unless chip truck is his pet name for it ..... stranger things have happened

Dismantled 2 red oaks on an island during a thunderstorm. Clobbered large dead white pine on way home. All gear and ropes soaked. 20" bar on the 440.

IMG_20160526_151552047_HDR-600x800.jpg IMG_20160526_151507009_HDR-600x800.jpg

Dismantled 2 red oaks on an island during a thunderstorm. Clobbered large dead white pine on way home. All gear and ropes soaked. 20" bar on the 440.

View attachment 505129 View attachment 505130

When you say " dismantled" do you really mean " I notched the ************ across the driveway"?

Say, do you know what happens when a tree guy gets wet from the rain?

Pine was standing dead, with a decent lean across the (gravel) driveway.
The oaks had to be climbed and rigged down ("dismantled").
When I get soaked from rain, I generally get miserable. When all my gear also gets soaked, with a long boat ride, a long drive home, and another job to do before I can go home, the fun factor goes way up. Not.
IMG_20160526_113649528_HDR-600x800.jpg IMG_20160526_130453003-600x800.jpg

When I get soaked from rain, I generally get miserable. When all my gear also gets soaked, with a long boat ride, a long drive home, and another job to do before I can go home, the fun factor goes way up. Not.
View attachment 505139 View attachment 505140
Oh quit your whining. It could be worse. You could be dealing with a critter living in a boat that poops elephant size and have enormous herds of viscous groundhogs roaming your countryside.

View attachment 505139 View attachment 505140

I thought I was the only left who still climbs with a sierra moreno.

Did my first contract climb today and pretty happy with it. Crowncleaned a decent sized Box Elder in a tight backyard over house, pergola, and fence. Some pretty lage dead stuff was rigged out and went well. Looking forward to this New adventure!

IMG_20160602_172752470_HDR-600x800.jpg IMG_20160602_194407658_HDR-600x800.jpg
Lake of Bays, Ontario.
Climbed, sliced&diced deceased white pine, chipped, loaded wood in truck. cleaned up and outta there in 3-1/2 hours this afternoon with only other assistance coming from my daughter. Didn't bother bringing miniskid.... regrettable. Dunno how much longer I can keep playing this game. Tired.

Here's a good one:

Got this guy holding back 550 from a 2750 job because he doesn't like what I did. I showed him that I had done exactly what was written on the proposal. I asked him if he had his copy of the proposal he said he couldn't find. I showed him my copy and he says, " I didn't read that, we had a verbal contract."

I got the guy's wife bawling, eyes welling, telling me she hasn't been able to sleep because what I did.

I am too astounded to be mad.

He was only going to give me two grand but I kept my composure and bargained for 2200 at the time.

So I finally got a load of trash out of the horse farm. 6 couches and there is probably 6 more down in that hole. I put them on a trailer and filled my dump truck with other crap. I filled a 15 yard dumpster with what I had, it cost me 325 which is about half of what it would have cost me to dump all my tree debris if the owner of the farm didn't let me dump there.

I also took a small light load of scrap to the salvage yard and got 15 bucks! One of the things I took was this little branch shredder that I found under a tree and vines I had removed awhile back. I had drug it out of my way and it had sat on the lawn for months. Sometimes it would be moved, sometimes it was on its side, I pulled its cord and it spun but to easily so I threw it on the trailer and headed off to the scrap yard.

As I was leaving with it I thought I should call the farm's owner to be sure no one cared about the shredder. She didn't call me back until I had dumped it off and was headed back to the farm. She told me someone had actually ordered parts for it so I flew back to the scrap yard, gave the guy his 15 bucks and went to get this damned stupid shredder. I saw it and it had be moved so I started to go for it then looked up and saw a bus dangling over it on one of those magnetic scrappers.

Well I got the shredder back, I just hope that the parts the person ordered for it contain a motor.

Latest posts

Back