whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a good time to be a tree guy. Just a lot of stress always trying to make moves. I just feel like I need a vacation... not a busy winter (which is what it’s looking like). Omg, do I hate winter!! Oh, well. No rest for the wicked, I guess.
Things are going to change drastically if this new administration gets in. When they actually say "I will raise your taxes" that is very unusual. And with hoards of immigrants, legal and illegal slated to be poured in with full compliment of entitlements....don't expect the gold rush to continue. I had the best year this year by far in this 51 years of biz covid or not. I am leery.

Things are going to change drastically if this new administration gets in. When they actually say "I will raise your taxes" that is very unusual. And with hoards of immigrants, legal and illegal slated to be poured in with full compliment of entitlements....don't expect the gold rush to continue. I had the best year this year by far in this 51 years of biz covid or not. I am leery.

Oh don’t be such a negative Nancy. I’m sure things will be fine with the new administration. :rolleyes:

Couple more of the two big trucks together.:rock:
View attachment 873428View attachment 873429

Started roping this pita dead ash stick and lowering/pulling pieces over the fence (that rail was already missing, btw). Then I decided there had to be a better and more fun way. :yes:
View attachment 873422View attachment 873423View attachment 873424View attachment 873425View attachment 873426
Paul, how do you get that huge stick you grabbed up top with the grapple and cut off at the ground flat on the ground or truck without a load line...get it sideways oriented and release it and let her fly?

Paul, how do you get that huge stick you grabbed up top with the grapple and cut off at the ground flat on the ground or truck without a load line...get it sideways oriented and release it and let her fly?

You see I cut that trunk in pieces, right (I’m not that crazy lol)? If you’re asking how I got them to lay down in the truck, I just played with the booms and extensions while releasing and tightening the claw, etc. Was pretty smooth actually. You can also cut an angle (like the top cut of a box) to get the piece orientated the way you want it to lay. But yeah, sometimes just let her fly too lol. That (crane) is amazingly smooth and controllable over all, even down to micro movements.

Glad to see the original vetty back in house! Lol

Finished mounting and beefing up the winch mount on a used 14k trailer. Added a 12k winch. Going to use it as a dual purpose equipment trailer and with the arch installed, self loading log hauler.

Attachments

• 20201212_104130.jpg
    20201212_104130.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20201210_182926_500.jpg
    IMG_20201210_182926_500.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
Had the wife pick me up a couple of electric blankets today and put one on my crane's hydraulic tank this afternoon for a 20's morning tomorrow. Anybody else ever try that. My hydraulic guy seemed to think it would help and the pump as well if you can. I plugged in the big Cat engine block heater last night and the truck popped on one turn. Doesn't do that even in the early fall.

Attachments

• 523498_511105752280837_1306314589_n.jpg
    523498_511105752280837_1306314589_n.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 10
Had the wife pick me up a couple of electric blankets today and put one on my crane's hydraulic tank this afternoon for a 20's morning tomorrow. Anybody else ever try that. My hydraulic guy seemed to think it would help and the pump as well if you can. I plugged in the big Cat engine block heater last night and the truck popped on one turn. Doesn't do that even in the early fall.

Pump should be fine as long as you’re using a weight of oil deemed fit for the temp. But I know what you’re talking about.
When I use bay crane they spend sometimes half an hour booming up and down to warm up the fluid.

Pump should be fine as long as you’re using a weight of oil deemed fit for the temp. But I know what you’re talking about.
When I use bay crane they spend sometimes half an hour booming up and down to warm up the fluid.
Yeah I need to convert 2 of my trucks to the red stuff.

Back