whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it have a hoe on it? I think I looked at them when they were new. There was an issue with them breaking like yours when using a hoe.
I think New Holland upgraded the support for the sub frame that corrects the problem.
I'd like to get a backhoe. It just broke when lifting a heavy load. The bellhousing is literally the only thing connecting the front end to the back so I get why after 18 years it finally broke. We'll be welding on a subframe support.

My guys did a fairly tricky one today. Lots of wires. Next to a stream.
IMG_0225.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG

I always loved that maniacal cartoon. That’s what is think employees are doing when they put gravel driveway rakings through the chipper.

I’m amazed at how long the blades last in this drum chipper we’re primarily running now. I just train everyone to be vigilant about not putting rakings in it, etc., and hit it up with the knife sharpener once in a while and I can get months out of one side.

I figure it’s because the drum chippers actually use the entire blade(s) uniformly, unlike the disk where two blades do most of the chipping.

Nothing throws chips like a disk though. If chipping into the woods, the disk is the way to go.

20210814_095335.jpgJust finished climbing this beauty. Growing in/ over a maple that needed to stay untouched just to make everything more interesting. Was able to rig one top and pull two over but one I had to climb to the tip and cut every branch then pull the nest I made out of the maple. My zig zag and zillion are so pitched up they're borderline unusable.

not exactly today, but a few weeks ago, pushed over this cherry tree with a dozer, pulled the top with a hydraulic winch on a unimog

was on site an hour and a half, about an hour was talking with the dude

View attachment 923966View attachment 923967View attachment 923968View attachment 923969
Good to see some young blood getting it. If it hasn't already been said, get yourself a pair of boots that will support those spikes. Looks painful. Also, do you really need all those toys for that particular tree? Drop the weight, your body will thank you in 30 years. Be safe.

Good to see some young blood getting it. If it hasn't already been said, get yourself a pair of boots that will support those spikes. Looks painful. Also, do you really need all those toys for that particular tree? Drop the weight, your body will thank you in 30 years. Be safe.
those boots do really well actually

and no, might have been showing off some gear lmao, I normally shed some weight before heading up

Lmao. He’s goin’ for the gold, of course he needs all that stuff!

Latest posts

Back