whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grapple rake would curl and hold a log above where your attachment plate is in the picture.

So will the FF. Can replant it vertically if needed.

But tree was at 90 degrees in pond. So cut & rotated, dragged out along narrow 200m causeway through wetlands. No damage to surround veg, limited track skidding to keep in position.

Good place for the rigid mount rotating grapple.

Swinging long heavy Tas blue limbs into two dimensional canopy gap to right. Super picky client, not allowed to damage a flower, long drag to chipper up in turning circle in background, eighty five of those ****** low voltage lights in the way en-route.

Even laid plywood & conveyor matting (for six metres).

tb1-jpg.935890

Attachments

• TB1.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 135
Nice relaxing little backyard job with Lifty to start the week. Good $ too. Had to use the narrow outrigger setting on the house side to work over (and under) this Yew all day. Really nice setup. That Spruce was a 100’, did it at the end of the day in an hour or hour and a half.

Had the lift almost 2 1/2 years now, still getting better and better.
71E58389-6128-4FBE-8608-F3E1FFEDB6CA.jpeg86452270-880B-4C90-AF48-4E4161B6E8CD.jpeg5F09FFD2-1C8F-47B6-97E2-4DB003C1B52C.jpegDE9E964C-F612-46F1-851D-BF700602707B.jpeg

Was speaking to the state Bandit & Vermeer dealers today.

You guys can't get the 21XP's built, across the country & onto ships fast enough for demand in Australia. Chippers sold before they are even built.

Same goes with Vermeer stumpies.

atleast you know the rules, so its OK to break them

seriously tho, IDK about your saddle, but a normal bridge tied into paws is $20 or so USD cheap enough to replace every 6 months to a year and never worry about it

im not preaching safety, but im more than happy to spend $40 a year on bridges considering what happens if one breaks, infact my current bridge is about $10 since its just 7 or 8ft of cheap 16 strand

View attachment 936058Finally snagged a bucket truck. Also bought an auger with a woodscrew on it to bust up big logs with my skidsteer.

****zoom on my phone is messed up, so it looks a little wavy.**** lol

Careful with that auger. They self destruct cause metal gets so hot from the friction it cracks or distorts. Keep water on hand to cool it down if you’re really working it.

Clearing some dead ash and a few other random trees from a customers lower lot that he plans to build on at some point.

Once we got everything there, I pushed a bunch of trees over with the tractor while one of my guys did the cutting. Then I used the Giant to stack them in a nice pile. Back in chipper and have at it. One truck gets full, back in the other. About 53 yards of chips in half a day. I love the variety of work we’re able to do. Back at it again today, cuz that’s how we roll, baby!!:laugh:
7C6D6810-5859-4400-9616-2FF2F9DA65C7.jpeg4EAE4C4B-CBBC-432E-B889-D15B5EFFBE2F.jpeg

"Clearing some dead ash and a few other random trees from a customers lower lot that he plans to build on at some point.

Once we got everything there, I pushed a bunch of trees over with the tractor while one of my guys did the cutting. Then I used the Giant to stack them in a nice pile. Back in chipper and have at it. One truck gets full, back in the other. About 53 yards of chips in half a day. I love the variety of work we’re able to do."
Variety? :laugh:

Latest posts

Back