whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the correct joystick. I've heard it called 9 and 13 functionaswell. Same thing.

Thw rear weight kit looks different from the one I have. Sticking out a but more but looks more versatile. Giving you attachments for tiedowns and square receiver. Mine is probably factory from giant and is cost prohibitive to ship when they can manufacture one here 3rd party. Just giving you all the options. See mine below for reference.

Last think I forgot about is the saw scabbard that I bought this past year from Dave @ bmg it installs by your right foot to the outised of the floor in-between the two tires. Ask Dave for a picture. That is a great option!

Your 254t will be set up right from the jump.
Thanks for the info on saw scabbard, I emailed dave about that and the outside tire chains. With all this talk now I'm thinking I need to get a rotator...

Thanks for the info on saw scabbard, I emailed dave about that and the outside tire chains. With all this talk now I'm thinking I need to get a rotator...
That phrase is music to my ears. You won't be disappointed. The scabbard is pretty awsome. You never know what Dave has cooking up for the little giant

That phrase is music to my ears. You won't be disappointed. The scabbard is pretty awsome. You never know what Dave has cooking up for the little giant

Yeah, I talked with Dave yesterday. He said he’s gonna send me a pic of the saw scabbard. Quoted me $99. I can see that being an extremely handy option. Especially since I plan on running my 250 bandit more this year. It’s a great little chipper, but definitely a lot more saw work involved than with the 19xpc.

So it looks like I’m gonna be the proud owner of a bouncing baby mini-giant soon. I’m actually kind of excited. I think it’s going to compliment the second lift very nicely. Tree Service of the Future, baby!! Lol.

I had fun specing this machine out (thanks for the help everybody) Seems like a smart purchase for my company overall too. That and I can’t wait to play with it!! I especially like the fact that’s it’s really just a mini version of what I’m already running. Very cool.

I'm not buying anything anytime soon anyway. I'm really just occupying my mind/researching the idea. What grapple are you running on yours? Pics?

So it looks like I’m gonna be the proud owner of a bouncing baby mini-giant soon. I’m actually kind of excited. I think it’s going to compliment the second lift very nicely. Tree Service of the Future, baby!! Lol.

I had fun specing this machine out (thanks for the help everybody) Seems like a smart purchase for my company overall too. That and I can’t wait to play with it!! I especially like the fact that’s it’s really just a mini version of what I’m already running. Very cool.

Oh how things change so quickly

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the new machine. I’d love one but where I work, they’d have it on its side more than on its rubber. And how quickly things change from “just looking” to buying. I did the same with ordering a new log splitter. Watched some videos, did some research and then found someone close enough that had one I could check out in person. A week later I placed the order. Now I have a year of waiting till it’s delivered.

Congratulations on the new machine. I’d love one but where I work, they’d have it on its side more than on its rubber. And how quickly things change from “just looking” to buying. I did the same with ordering a new log splitter. Watched some videos, did some research and then found someone close enough that had one I could check out in person. A week later I placed the order. Now I have a year of waiting till it’s delivered.

Thanks, bud. That’s exactly why I jumped on it. I’ve been trying to ignore the thought that I’m gonna need some kind of machine to go with the other crew, but there’s no denying it ultimately. It’s value as a spare alone is enough reason to warrant its purchase. But the biggest thing is ever since this Covid deal hit, I just don’t trust the supply chain. I don’t wanna find things going great, me needing a machine and finding out it’s gonna be a year wait like that splitter you ordered. Now I have everything I could possibly need. I am ready for a tree zombie apocalypse. Lol

Thanks, bud. That’s exactly why I jumped on it. I’ve been trying to ignore the thought that I’m gonna need some kind of machine to go with the other crew, but there’s no denying it ultimately. It’s value as a spare alone is enough reason to warrant its purchase. But the biggest thing is ever since this Covid deal hit, I just don’t trust the supply chain. I don’t wanna find things going great, me needing a machine and finding out it’s gonna be a year wait like that splitter you ordered. Now I have everything I could possibly need. I am ready for a tree zombie apocalypse. Lol
Now I have everything I could possibly need.
Famous last words...

20220210_153554.jpg... and a cherry. Tricky one with the wires and building and an additional spruce growing through its canopy. We ended up using 2 climbers for it. I was up high setting chokers and Jason (the guy with 11 kids) was below doing the cutting. I wish I had taken more pics. It was definitely one of the more challenging trees we've done in the last couple years.
20220210_145455.jpg

I came across your video of that maple takedown with the giant this morning (recognized the name). I like the part at the end where you're dealing with the trunk wood. Probably the best real-world video I've seen of those machines actually working. Nice job too.

I'm curious about the strobe lights as well? Something you added on?

Cool. Avant makes a really interesting looking bypass style grapple. I’m sure your buddy has his eye on it. There was a video where it showed it reaching out at an angle and grabbing a piece as it was being lowered. Almost looked like a mini-senneboggen claw. I’m betting that’s the one to have. Nice looking machines.

Latest posts

Back