whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came across your video of that maple takedown with the giant this morning (recognized the name). I like the part at the end where you're dealing with the trunk wood. Probably the best real-world video I've seen of those machines actually working. Nice job too.

I'm curious about the strobe lights as well? Something you added on?
Congrats on the new Giant. You will love it.

Thanks for the complement. My brother is the one who videos the jobs. He's got a real nack for it.

The lights I actually wired myself. They are white/amber with steady on white.
I came across your video of that maple takedown with the giant this morning (recognized the name). I like the part at the end where you're dealing with the trunk wood. Probably the best real-world video I've seen of those machines actually working. Nice job too.

Congratulations on the new baby giant. You will love it.

My brother who I work with exclusively is the video guy. He was an actor befor coming on fulltime 4 years ago. He's got a real nack for editing.

The strobe lights are feniex fusion duel color 400 series and 200 series for the rear wired up to a feniex 4200 mini controller that is waterproof. It's a great set up. I like how slim the lights are and that they are duel purpose, Safety lights and steady burn white for low light work. I'll take some pictures on Monday and show you how they are set up.

Any other question feel free to ask

Would love if someone would share link to this "real-world video" ?!

By bypass grapple do you mean like a branch manager style? What's cool about the avant is that it telescopes out 4 ft or so. You can really reach and load very well. I imagine something like your giant on a smaller scale.

I have a bmg and a traditional style grapple for my mini. My crew seems to prefer the traditional even though it was one third the price. Maybe we're doing something wrong?

I do like it for loading the chipper. Not so great for pushing around piles of brush which we seem to get into a lot in these half wooded lots around here

By bypass grapple do you mean like a branch manager style? What's cool about the avant is that it telescopes out 4 ft or so. You can really reach and load very well. I imagine something like your giant on a smaller scale.

I have a bmg and a traditional style grapple for my mini. My crew seems to prefer the traditional even though it was one third the price. Maybe we're doing something wrong?

I do like it for loading the chipper. Not so great for pushing around piles of brush which we seem to get into a lot in these half wooded lots around here

Yes, like a branch manager. Bypass refers to how the one side of the claw is smaller than the other and goes inside the other when you close it.

I have a root grapple for my tractor, but it doesn’t get used much, although there are times when it shines. The problem I always had was not being able to carry brush and logs inline. There’s always a house or air conditioner, propane tank, other trees, something in the way of that. When I got my bigger chipper I just finally couldn’t deal with it anymore after a while and got the giant. The tractor and winch are still invaluable as you know.

One of the cool things about the 60” grapple on the giant is the ability to crush a lot of potentially problematic limbs with the claw. Much easier than cutting and fun too. One of those never gets old kinda things… like spooling up vines with the rotator.

The crane? It is 55 ton so probably? It ended up being about 2600 for 9 hours. Its actually the most I've paid for a crane on a 1 day job but well worth it. There were some 100 ft spruce we did in 2 picks.

Gotta love the big rake. We usually pinch it with our root grapples!
most of the time, the biggest crane you can get on the sites the cheapest overall when you consider productivity and crew time

One little saw to rule them all....

Second MS500i, brand new, about to be well & truly introduced to the fleet. 25" Stihl light bar, nice balance, easy to throw around all day on a harvesting job, about as much bar as it will pull comfortably in Aust. hardwoods.

500i-1-jpg.967792

500i-3-jpg.967794

500i-2-jpg.967793

Attachments

• 500i 1.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 206
  • 500i 2.JPG
    10.2 MB · Views: 183
  • 500i 3.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 182
Summer!!

Unrelenting sun. Beer fridge maintenance of high priority.

Please let it be over....

Some very simple lemon scented & spotted gum removals.

m1-jpg.967936

m2-jpg.967938

Attachments

• M1.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 79
  • M2.JPG
    9.9 MB · Views: 78
Congrats on the new Giant. You will love it.

Thanks for the complement. My brother is the one who videos the jobs. He's got a real nack for it.

The lights I actually wired myself. They are white/amber with steady on white.

Congratulations on the new baby giant. You will love it.

My brother who I work with exclusively is the video guy. He was an actor befor coming on fulltime 4 years ago. He's got a real nack for editing.

The strobe lights are feniex fusion duel color 400 series and 200 series for the rear wired up to a feniex 4200 mini controller that is waterproof. It's a great set up. I like how slim the lights are and that they are duel purpose, Safety lights and steady burn white for low light work. I'll take some pictures on Monday and show you how they are set up.

Any other question feel free to ask
Here are some pictures of the Feniex safety lights. Made for Police so the brightness is extreme. The mini controller is wired into the light switch that controls the light at the back of the rops. You can see where the wires come out of the rops into the engine compartment. It takes a little wiring knowledge but I did this myself in maybe 5hrs" im not an electrician". I wanted everything perfect. The mini controller is mounted with 3M velcro. I hate to drill holes if I don't have to. Last picture shows how the weather proof mini controller is mounted.

Attachments

• 20220224_141224.jpg
    20220224_141224.jpg
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220224_141202.jpg
    20220224_141202.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220224_141143.jpg
    20220224_141143.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220224_141130.jpg
    20220224_141130.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220224_142940.jpg
    20220224_142940.jpg
    808.6 KB · Views: 6
Chook farm madness - bastard willow & the background hum of 20,000 egg layers.

cf1-jpg.967948

cf2-jpg.967949
If I were to move out of the states it would be Australia. My first purchase would be a brand new tier 3 brush bandit. Oh how I wish you could somehow import one into the states.

Love the pictures aswell. Your crane is sweet. What's your working height?

-Will

Latest posts

Back