What 041 do i have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lrose

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I inherited a saw that i determined to be an 041. Its missing the air filter cover and a few other plastics. I currently have the saw in pieces to rebuild it and get it running again but i am currently at a stand still because i need to know what parts to look for specific to my saw. I have found that there are many different looking 041s out there. The serial number is 113367190. I can take pictures of it but it is in pieces. Thank you for your help, this is a great site.

Here are a few pictures. Not sure if they will help, but thats how it sits right now before i dig more into it.

Attachments

• IMG_4552.jpg
    IMG_4552.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4553.jpg
    IMG_4553.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4555.JPG
    IMG_4555.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4557.jpg
    IMG_4557.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4556.jpg
    IMG_4556.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4555.JPG
    IMG_4555.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 32
Still, shop with caution, as they made so many different versions it would make your head spin. And they never bothered to worry
about the closer details and part numbers and such...

Which is why I have bunches of old 028, 031,032, 041 carcasses laying about.
thats the problem I'm having right now. I need the air filter cover and theres about 4 different ones that were made. I have to figure out the one i need specific to the 041 i have.

Judging by the tank style/badge it should be one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-041AV...724?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35dbfdd36c

Its even harder to find parts for the non-av version which I have. I know I have some 041 av parts laying around (cant remember exactly what). If i get a chance Ill pm you with what I have.

Do you have spark? Ignition parts are hard to find. Check that before buying anything

I also replaced all the hardware with allen head screws from the hardware store. Much easier to work with and tighten the the original slotted style.

I like these saws, kinda ugly, simple, reliable and sound good.

I
Judging by the tank style/badge it should be one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-041AV...724?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35dbfdd36c

Its even harder to find parts for the non-av version which I have. I know I have some 041 av parts laying around (cant remember exactly what). If i get a chance Ill pm you with what I have.

Do you have spark? Ignition parts are hard to find. Check that before buying anything

I also replaced all the hardware with allen head screws from the hardware store. Much easier to work with and tighten the the original slotted style.

I like these saws, kinda ugly, simple, reliable and sound good.

I'd appreciate that. That does look like the plastic i need. I'm definitely going to check for spark first before anything. Right now I'm almost done getting it completely torn down. Separating the crank case is giving me trouble as I don't have a case splitter.

Back