What 041 do i have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lrose

Lrose

ArboristSite Lurker
I inherited a saw that i determined to be an 041. Its missing the air filter cover and a few other plastics. I currently have the saw in pieces to rebuild it and get it running again but i am currently at a stand still because i need to know what parts to look for specific to my saw. I have found that there are many different looking 041s out there. The serial number is 113367190. I can take pictures of it but it is in pieces. Thank you for your help, this is a great site.

Lrose

Lrose

ArboristSite Lurker
Here are a few pictures. Not sure if they will help, but thats how it sits right now before i dig more into it.

Attachments

• IMG_4552.jpg
    IMG_4552.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4553.jpg
    IMG_4553.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4555.JPG
    IMG_4555.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4557.jpg
    IMG_4557.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4556.jpg
    IMG_4556.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4555.JPG
    IMG_4555.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 32
nnero

nnero

ArboristSite Guru
Judging by the tank style/badge it should be one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-041AV...724?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35dbfdd36c

Its even harder to find parts for the non-av version which I have. I know I have some 041 av parts laying around (cant remember exactly what). If i get a chance Ill pm you with what I have.

Do you have spark? Ignition parts are hard to find. Check that before buying anything

I also replaced all the hardware with allen head screws from the hardware store. Much easier to work with and tighten the the original slotted style.

I like these saws, kinda ugly, simple, reliable and sound good.

Lrose

Lrose

ArboristSite Lurker
I
Judging by the tank style/badge it should be one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-041AV...724?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35dbfdd36c

Its even harder to find parts for the non-av version which I have. I know I have some 041 av parts laying around (cant remember exactly what). If i get a chance Ill pm you with what I have.

Do you have spark? Ignition parts are hard to find. Check that before buying anything

I also replaced all the hardware with allen head screws from the hardware store. Much easier to work with and tighten the the original slotted style.

I like these saws, kinda ugly, simple, reliable and sound good.

I'd appreciate that. That does look like the plastic i need. I'm definitely going to check for spark first before anything. Right now I'm almost done getting it completely torn down. Separating the crank case is giving me trouble as I don't have a case splitter.

Latest posts