What a GREAT WIFE I have!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indiansprings

indiansprings

Firewood Purveyor
The wife is working as a temporary employee of Uncle Sugar on the Census.
She gets to work in an area in close proximity to our place. She came in about 8 p.m. and announced she had scored another 80 acres of tops and cull logs for us today as a result of a visit with a land owner about three miles from the house. Now boys, that is a good wife! Dosen't ever complain about a new saw coming in or gun for that matter. As long as she can have her Longaberger baskets and her garden she's good to go. The guy just wants us to leave him five cords before we get done, the crew can't start until it dries up though, thank God it's on level ground, the hills and hollers we are currently in are a pain in the azz.

indiansprings

indiansprings

Firewood Purveyor
Nice big ole roast and taters were in the crock pot, done when I walked in the door. My jeans are ironed every morning as well, hard to beat a old country girl.

indiansprings

indiansprings

Firewood Purveyor
Nope, just light starch now that I don't have to wear that gov't issued camo suit on weekends any more, she did use heavy starch on those, and if your old enough to remember the old wire jeans stretchers, stiff as a potato chip, nothing like breaking the crease on those babies. I just wear colored T shirts most of the time so no use to iron those.

I do need to teach her how to file chains though. A lot of the time she'll bring us a hot lunch to the woods, if we're within five miles of the house.

It's bad to be spoiled.

loadthestove

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Send the misses An A+++ from me,And ask her if she will speak with mine..After my crack about the gravy a little while back I'm still on bologna sandwiches and water

Wife came in from work today and asked what i wanted for dinner.Before I could answer she suggested bacon,eggs,gravy,biscuits.My lady is a great cook ,But like anyone she can have a dish that doesn't turn out like expected. here is where my regret comes from.When we were sitting at table eating I, In a joking manner ( At least I thought so) said...Honey cut me off another slice of gravy..it will probably be a long time before I get gravy again..

iowa

Addicted to ArboristSite
IndianSpring: Got anymore of them country gurls running around in your neck of the woods? I'd sure like to get my hands on one. I've tried domesticating mine and it's slow and hard work! LOL.

I can say this. The food is getting better and she is learning. AND I've never heard her tell me I can't buy anything. I have enough saws for 3 guys, a new log splitter, and just bought a truck.

mga

wandering
IndianSpring: Got anymore of them country gurls running around in your neck of the woods? I'd sure like to get my hands on one. I've tried domesticating mine and it's slow and hard work! LOL.

I can say this. The food is getting better and she is learning. AND I've never heard her tell me I can't buy anything. I have enough saws for 3 guys, a new log splitter, and just bought a truck.

heh...since my old lady found farmville, she burns food or just over cooks it. now i just tell her don't bother cooking, i'll find something to eat.

other than that, she's great in many ways, some i can't brag about.

(and she works full time!)

indiansprings

indiansprings

Firewood Purveyor
It's took 25 years to get her trained.lol, Naw, she was a pretty good ole gal when we first started, it did take about five years before she could cook like Mom did though. Let em' see that swapping guns or chainsaw's wood cutting can either save a sheetload, or make a little money and they'll be happy.
Mine has her own little .22 she likes to shoot, an old 10/22 Ruger.

Dale

ArboristSite Guru
Yeah, mine just got on Facebook 2 weeks ago. We're in the sticks and only have dialup. I am so friggin sick of hearing about thei Farmville and Pigs and Chickens. :chainsaw: