I to have a great wife!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigwelder

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well i got up early yesterday to cut wood while it was close to cool. My wife had told me the night before she wanted me to wake her up because her and her mom wanted to go garage selling. So i did as i was told and just as i figured i got the mean look of a women that really doesnt have to be up gives you when you wake them up!!! lol anyway i go to the firewood pit and start splitting she gets up and goes and does her thing with her mother. The whole day goes by without a word from her and she finally shows up alittle after dark as i was getting cleaned up from a day splitting and cutting. Doesnt say anything about her day just says she had fun. Yet again i get up this morning and start cutting wood. i get back to the house around 9 to clean up and go to church and my wife meets me in the shop with a box. I figured it was some more junk she had bought and was gonna do something with it eventually! yeah Right!! but to my suprise she was smiling and said it was for me. I opened it up and to my surprise there was a little husky model 36 in there! She was at a yard sell and a lady sold it to her for 5 bucks. It was all taken apart and the lady didnt know if it was all there. My wonderful wife got it for me and figured if nothing else i could do alittle trading. what a women!! so we went to church and ate dinner with my folks then i got to come home and play with my new toy. Anyway after a ton of cleaning one replaced fuel line and boom i know have a running husky model 36! nothing special but i hadnt had a new saw to work on in a while so it made me happy. here is a before and after. took me about 3 hours.

p.s. the jokes on her i bought a 064 last wednesday it should be here tomarrow!!!View attachment 197025View attachment 197027

Well i got up early yesterday to cut wood while it was close to cool. My wife had told me the night before she wanted me to wake her up because her and her mom wanted to go garage selling. So i did as i was told and just as i figured i got the mean look of a women that really doesnt have to be up gives you when you wake them up!!! lol anyway i go to the firewood pit and start splitting she gets up and goes and does her thing with her mother. The whole day goes by without a word from her and she finally shows up alittle after dark as i was getting cleaned up from a day splitting and cutting. Doesnt say anything about her day just says she had fun. Yet again i get up this morning and start cutting wood. i get back to the house around 9 to clean up and go to church and my wife meets me in the shop with a box. I figured it was some more junk she had bought and was gonna do something with it eventually! yeah Right!! but to my suprise she was smiling and said it was for me. I opened it up and to my surprise there was a little husky model 36 in there! She was at a yard sell and a lady sold it to her for 5 bucks. It was all taken apart and the lady didnt know if it was all there. My wonderful wife got it for me and figured if nothing else i could do alittle trading. what a women!! so we went to church and ate dinner with my folks then i got to come home and play with my new toy. Anyway after a ton of cleaning one replaced fuel line and boom i know have a running husky model 36! nothing special but i hadnt had a new saw to work on in a while so it made me happy. here is a before and after. took me about 3 hours.

p.s. the jokes on her i bought a 064 last wednesday it should be here tomarrow!!!View attachment 197025View attachment 197027
Awsome :rock:
Good luck with the 064 remember now you gotta get her something :cheers:

Your wife must have a keen eye to spot that diamond in the rough. Will make a nice limbing saw.

Nice! Cool lady you are lucky. Because of mine, Jeanie I got my 2101. They are few, and far between. Listen to Jacob get her something. I did I got a tree job shortly after, and gave Jeanie a couple hundred, and told her that it would not goe' to bill's like the rest, and she had to spend it on her self at the gem fair.

Great story! I am like you, my wife always keeps an eye out for saws, although I tend to go to the garage sales with her a lot of the time. Those $5 or $10 garage sale saws are always the best deals, just hard to find sometimes.

Yet again i get up this morning and start cutting wood. i get back to the house around 9 to clean up and go to church

Ugg, how early were you up on sunday morning using saws!! Im glad im not your neighbour :) lol. :):laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That was very nice of her! Nice saw too, very much like my 142 which I really like.

Well i figured out what she was doing by buying me a chainsaw!!! She is wanting a new stupid expensive purse that is apperantly a big deal? Anyway today when i got home from work and was changing to go out and cut she was online looking at them! And mentioned that she was really wanting one. I was like ok babe get what you want we are doing ok. She then told me the price $450 i almost passed out! To pay for that thing i would have to cut 2 1/2 cords of wood!! needless to say i wasnt very happy then she said {which i knew was coming} "You got that nice chainsaw yesterday"!!!! Well yeah thats ok $5 to 450 thats about the trade that i am use to!!!:angry:
Anyway after that rant i thought that you all would get a kick outta my wife's true intentions!

by the way i live in the middle of nowhere! i mean nowhere there isnt a house within 3 miles of me!! so i dont think the neighbors can hear the saws. lol even at 6 in the morning!!

also i got the 064 today. wasnt even close to what the guy said it was and he had just painted to make look good in photo. Not in person at all!! will post photos tomarrow so you all can be pissed off at this guy with me! so i have alot more work than i thought i was gonna have to do. the saw runs just fine and dandy BUT we all know how it is! they need to b clean well painted and looking great! specially here there are NO SAWS in my part of the world larger that 60 cc's so this one should really get some attention with all my friends!

Wow, we must not be far apart...there's no big saws around here either. 'Course, after this summer, I can see why we don't have many big trees either. When it's so hot and dry that the trees are dying, it's pretty bad.

Yeah i am out west of lawton. and yeah there are no big saws. Heck most of my buddies think that my old 051 has to be the biggiest saw ever made lol.

Latest posts

Back