What a mess this Stihl is in.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Guy from work asked me to look at his Stihl 025. Said his son in law or someone like that borrowed it and brought it back screwed up.

Saw didn't look bad at all till I took the side cover off. Good lord, what a mess. :jawdrop:

Some parts a missing like the worm gear, clutch, sprocket brg etc. I'm not really that familiar with this series so I might be missing something as well.

I'm not so sure this ones worth tying money up in and this guy who owns it sure dont like spending it too much.
attachment.php

attachment.php

That thing looks smoked.:censored:

Run with chain brake on??

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm that saw lost a clutch spring or clutch and ground up the case. Check the case real close at the bottom of the oil pump. If you see a gap between the case and the bottom of the oil pump it will need a new case. Easy to replace though, I like ripping them little saws apart...

P.S, chainbrake works,LOLOL

Last edited:
Guy from work asked me to look at his Stihl 025. Said his son in law or someone like that borrowed it and brought it back screwed up.

Saw didn't look bad at all till I took the side cover off. Good lord, what a mess. :jawdrop:

Some parts a missing like the worm gear, clutch, sprocket brg etc. I'm not really that familiar with this series so I might be missing something as well.

I'm not so sure this ones worth tying money up in and this guy who owns it sure dont like spending it too much.
attachment.php

attachment.php

OH WAITER!

I ordered this 025 medium rare, this is well done!

But on a serious note, I wonder if the saw was screwed up enough to where the relative merely administered the coup-de-grace or whether the relative roasted it over an open fire.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm that saw lost a clutch spring or clutch and ground up the case. Check the case real close at the bottom of the oil pump. If you see a gap between the case and the bottom of the oil pump it will need a new case. Easy to replace though, I like ripping them little saws apart...

P.S, chainbrake works,LOLOL

I dont know about the clutch, I didnt get it with the saw to see it.

Oh now doubt it needs a new case. How much would all these parts cost at the dealer?

How much does a new MS 250 sell for?

I dont know about the clutch, I didnt get it with the saw to see it.

Oh now doubt it needs a new case. How much would all these parts cost at the dealer?

How much does a new MS 250 sell for?

Oh I thought you took it apart. In that case that may just be a chainbrake burn, not a ground out.

Case part # 1123-020-3003 (comes with oil pump installed)
$104.85

Clutch assembly # 1123-160-2050
$31.20

Worm gear # 1123-640-7102
$11.15

Spocket will be around 20.00, sprocket bearing around 8-9.00.

Allow yourself at least a hour to switch it, not hard but time comsuming...

Oh I thought you took it apart. In that case that may just be a chainbrake burn, not a ground out.

Case part # 1123-020-3003 (comes with oil pump installed)
$104.85

Clutch assembly # 1123-160-2050
$31.20

Worm gear # 1123-640-7102
$11.15

Spocket will be around 20.00, sprocket bearing around 8-9.00.

Allow yourself at least a hour to switch it, not hard but time comsuming...

Dang Tom, I was just looking for a round about figure, you didnt have to go look em all up!

Thats what I was afraid of, though coming up close to $200 in a $300 saw.

Back