What a peice of crap!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use an Echo SRM210 around the yard, love it, never had any problems with it. I mow the lawn for my cemetery and they have a Ryobi 825r 4 stroke. It works really well and has a lot of power. It does take about 7-10 pulls to get it started hot though. It says right on the sticker on the trimmer shaft - when you start it cold you are supposed to run it for at least 30 seconds wide open. I have tried to operate it without doing this and it will not stay running. Is this the same piece of junk as that Troy Built?

Yes, MTD makes and sells crap, but it is what the consumer is willing to pay for today. It's about instant gratification, most younger people today won't save the extra month or two and get a Stihl, Husky or Echo, they don't look at the long term, and most that do buy one of the better brands buy a opening price point. Thank goodness, I had a dad who taught me to wait until I had the money to buy a tool that would last. I bought a Stihl FS 74 back in 86 or 87 and it stihl runs like a new one. The same thing with lawn mowers, bought a lawn boy commercial 19" push mower in 86, stihl going strong, the same with the 032 bought back in 79 or 80. You simply get what you pay for, unfortunately most people are willing to buy a new pos string trimmer every two or three years, the same with lawn mowers, they buy a MTD at Wal-Mart for 997.00 use it two years, the deck is shot, they price a new deck, 650.00 and then turn right around and buy another pos MTD camoflauged in a different wrapper or brand. A tool is an investment.

After almost three years of flawless performance (bought on 6/6/06) my Troy Bilt 4 stroke is starting to make a noise at idle and is catching inside. It's dragging down the motor and idle speed. I'm hoping it is something simple, but if it isn't I am definitely getting an Echo. I paid more for this than a low end Echo costs new.

After almost three years of flawless performance (bought on 6/6/06) my Troy Bilt 4 stroke is starting to make a noise at idle and is catching inside. It's dragging down the motor and idle speed. I'm hoping it is something simple, but if it isn't I am definitely getting an Echo. I paid more for this than a low end Echo costs new.

It's red, itsa Troybilt, and it's possessed by S8N!

Slayer released an album on 6/6/06
:rockn: