What-a-stihls first tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeslayer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Josh started climbing today, I sent him up this evergreen.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's awesome you guys have got huge cohones, I love to try it but way to chicken without some supervision from a pro. Maybe some day.

I see you left some limbs then climbed above them to take out the hat. I had to finger that one out all by my little self but that is primo stuff there anyway. Slows down the rebound a whole lot.
Was that a mouth gaurd I saw hanging from your helmet Slayer?

I just can't believe you have the patience after all these years to feed that little chipper but I am not knocking it. Do me a favour would ya? Tell What a Stihl I was just joking about the idiot thing. OK? Thanks.
Man its nice out huh?

Oh, I see the hat was allready out of the tree before he went up. Man, you made him take that big ass saw up there? OUCH! That wasn't very nice.

Oh, I see the hat was allready out of the tree before he went up. Man, you made him take that big ass saw up there? OUCH! That wasn't very nice.

top had broken out in a storm, made it a perfect tree, was not to tight a fit.

and he ain't dropping my 200, either.:hmm3grin2orange:

we'll get him a 192 to work with soon, my phone is ringing off the hook already.:cheers:

I see you left some limbs then climbed above them to take out the hat. I had to finger that one out all by my little self but that is primo stuff there anyway. Slows down the rebound a whole lot.
Was that a mouth gaurd I saw hanging from your helmet Slayer?

I just can't believe you have the patience after all these years to feed that little chipper but I am not knocking it. Do me a favour would ya? Tell What a Stihl I was just joking about the idiot thing. OK? Thanks.
Man its nice out huh?
No offense here, I took it as a joke, thanks man

top had broken out in a storm, made it a perfect tree, was not to tight a fit.

and he ain't dropping my 200, either.:hmm3grin2orange:

we'll get him a 192 to work with soon, my phone is ringing off the hook already.:cheers:

Don't even bother with a 192; its for suckers. So is only being strapped in with just the lanyard but Hell I don't even use a steelcore. I tried once but decided that too was for suckers.
Don't let my demeanor get to you but still that one tie in is not good. Sure I have done trees like that for years with just a regular lanyard and a short line I kept coiled on my hip for which to get down. I guess I thought I was a tough guy. I still never had a problem doing it like that but have changed my ways.
So now on those pines, spruce and such I use my top rope as well as my lanyard. If I have to rig or make big cuts I place the top rope a few feet above me but if its just a strip job all the way up I keep it above my lanyard ( under the limbs that need to be cut) and flip them both when I move upwards. Yes, it takes more time and can get urcsome ( did I spell urcsome right?) Let me look that up.

Back