What-a-stihls first tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stihl is doing their best to run me off, every "new" saw model seems a little less than the last one.:mad:

I'm always gonna climb with a 200T, but husky is right there. look at my Avatar, I do love a 372.

But I want Dolmar to give me a sponsorship. that 7900 rocks.:cheers: how does there big saw, the 9010 do? that handle design on the 7900 is really cool.

attachment.php

Last edited:
stihl is doing their best to run me off, every "new" saw model seems a little less than the last one.:mad:

I'm always gonna climb with a 200T, but husky is right there. look at my Avatar, I do love a 372.

But I want Dolmar to give me a sponsorship. that 7900 rocks.:cheers: how does there big saw, the 9010 do? that handle design on the 7900 is really cool.

attachment.php

Yep thats the other husky lmao:cheers: I love air injection but at times it is hell I mean no breaks just cutting and cutting and cutting and cutting --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------well you get the point lol:monkey:

I hope I'm learning from y'alls advice. Anyone know how to make these pics show up on their own without having to click on 'em?

nice work

I could be wrong but it looks like your pads are on the wrong feet.
But still a great job.

looks like the long support part is going towards the back should be in the front.

attachment.php

example

media.nl

also the safety popo might say to separate your 2 tie ins cause you may just as well have one if you cut one you are gonna hit the other when they are together like that.

Agree with that too.

What I usually do is lanyard in below where I am cutting in a position that will give me the most leverage to push a chunk off or whatever and clip in with my climb line hanging kind of loose a foot or so below my primary tie in.

After you put your spikes on the correct foot you may want to think about shortening them a bit. From the pics it looked like the pads were barely under your knees. Personal preference, I like mine around the meat of my calf. Something to try.

Back