What About This 028 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what happens to a Stihl when it runs against a Husqvarna.....

Your not building a watch. The hard part is done, piston and jug. If it's got compression it'd take about an hour for someone who knew what went where to assemble it. If your going by the parts breakdown probably a few hrs. The hardest part for me initially was getting the on/off swith wired properly and hooking the linkage up from the trigger to the carb.

I say there's probably a reason that it is in parts. I doubt just bolting it back together is going to give you a running saw.

I say there's probably a reason that it is in parts. I doubt just bolting it back together is going to give you a running saw.

Amen to that. The price still isnt too bad, even for parts, but dont expect to throw it together and have a firewood saw.

If it's got compression why not? I picked up the 025 for $20, it was taken apart and thrown into a cardboard box. Everything was there, it cost me $5 for a fuel filter and $9 for a carb kit. Runs great. Also got an 029 for $20, everything is there but the piston and jug are scuffed bad so it's gonna be about $125 for a P&J and carb kit. See if you can get a pic of the piston through the port to check for scuffing and ask him if it's got compression.

I am almost finished putting an 034 super together. I got a box of parts similar to that picture except there was one and a half saws in mine. I though it was a fun challenge. Had help from this site too. Go for it. Where is the mechanic smiley?

That don't look so bad depending on what it goes for. Put a snipe in for what you'd be willing to pay and forget about it. If you get it for what you're willing to pay, good. If someone goes crazy on it, oh well, wasn't meant to be.

I could go $60-70 on 'er, 'course I could pick it up(2 hrs away), have spare 028 parts and could probably have 'er back together in a day or so. Unless it needs something obscure......

No offense but if you are looking to buy something, DON'T POST A LINK:dizzy: ! Its funny to watch the bids roll in after they are posted here. If Junkyard had posted a Craigs list link for this, ten of your bretheren here on AS would have made offers on this deal before he could get his cell phone out of his pocket.

Found this ad locally. Just wondering if this is a "real deal" or not. I'm considering buying them and trying to resell a couple if I can (at least this is the story the wife will here). You guys give me some quick opinions if you can. They look pretty decent in the pics. Thanks

The most powerful saw Husky made the 3120xp pro with 36" bar and 404 chisel tooth oregon chain. Bar has Roller tip saw and bar are in excellent shape. Couple that with a Husky 266 xp pro with a 24" roller tip bar with 3/8" chain and this saw is in excellent shape as well,scabard comes with this saw. Moving dont need these any longer.
Incredible pricing $750 for BOTH!!! The 3120 by itself is around $900 new! For a full price offer I'll throw in my old Sachs Dolmar model 143 with it's 42" roller tip bar for free!!!

So what is the phone number?:buttkick:

No offense but if you are looking to buy something, DON'T POST A LINK:dizzy: ! Its funny to watch the bids roll in after they are posted here. If Junkyard had posted a Craigs list link for this, ten of your bretheren here on AS would have made offers on this deal before he could get his cell phone out of his pocket.

So what is the phone number?:buttkick:

Didn't happen to me when I bought my $300 372xp and posted the link here first.

some dummy will pay way too much for a batch of parts thinking he can put it back together, i bet some parts fell off the bench and will never get put in the shipping box. i would not pay over 50.00 for that puzzle......and you 100% sure all the parts are from the same saw? had a guy try to sell me a 031 that way, but guess what some of the parts were from a blower,and a homelite.....good luck, if i am going to buy a project, i want it together before i rip it apart.

Little zaino and that **** will buff right out.

Now that's funny, right there. :)

Ultimately I've decided against such a project, but I appreciate the good discussion from you gentlemen. I suspect JEEPTJ is right -- there would be a few parts from not only a leaf blower and a Homelite saw from 1970, but also a part or two mixed in from a Merry tiller, a Briggs mower engine, and an Allis Chalmers tractor just to make the puzzle more fun.

I can't believe that so many people would bid so high on that pile of parts. That's truly one of the scarriest photos I've ever seen on eBay, and the bids keep rolling in.

Instead of that pile of parts, I'm now looking at another tool I think I badly need. Take a look at this Bosch Hammer Drill and see what you fellows think . . .

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSCH-SDS-PLUS-...ryZ63919QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry for again breaking the rule of not posting a link, but this may be worth it. Forget chainsaws -- I may now get into hammer drills if this is any indication of the online community. --VT

It's up to $50 now and thats how much I paid last month for a 028 super WB that only needed a tune up. If anyone here plans to buy this I hope it's for the sake of a project or parts. I wouldn't count on all the parts being there from the looks of the photos they're scattered all over. It doesn't seem like it was taken apart real careful. :dizzy:

I don't know. The guy has $63 in it. They must have made a million of these. You can buy every piece on it on eBay if you are not in any big hurry. They are not particularly complicated. Piston, seals, carb kit... You could probably throw it back together and have a saw in good shape with less than $150 bucks in it.
What else are you going to buy this quality that you know what kind of shape it is in for $150?

Back